Nestled amongst mature palm trees, lush tropical foliage and manicured gardens, Sandalo is the quintessential Caribbean retreat; the lifestyle offered at Sandalo is simply second to none.
Set on the pristine Gibbs Beach, one of the finest beachfront communities on the West Coast of Barbados, the villa’s architecture masterfully blends both indoor and outdoor living spaces to create an idyllic holiday home. Featuring five lavishly appointed bedrooms, ample outdoor living space and luxurious finishes throughout; the 6,000 sq. ft. villa is ideal for a large family or group, as well as the couple looking for a spacious home for holiday entertaining or relaxing.
With refurbishments overseen by renowned Barbadian architect Ian Morrison, Sandalo has been tastefully decorated with superlative finishes throughout, including expert coral rendering, marble countertops and hand-wrought iron railings. The décor features a distinctly Caribbean theme; the main entrance showcases a stunning iridescent turquoise mosaic fountain, reminiscent of the Caribbean Sea located just steps from the villa’s landscaped gardens. An impressive collection of vibrant local art adds a sophisticated pop of colour throughout the home. The entire home is air-conditioned, however guests can also choose to enjoy the refreshing Caribbean Sea breezes.
Artfully positioned to capitalize on the breathtaking ocean views, Sandalo offers two floors of interior living space. The main floor features an inviting living room; separated into two seating areas, it has an airy, comfortable feel enhanced by an abundance of natural light. A series of arches separate the living room from the terrace just beyond; decorated in a white and blue motif, it features comfortable seating and an outdoor dining area overlooking the villa’s gardens and pool. Adjacent to the living room is a small bar area and guest bathroom. The gourmet kitchen has custom cabinetry by Joshua Jones of the UK, wide marble countertops, stainless steel high-end appliances, walk-in fridge, cold storage, pantry and wine fridge. A large dining table, suitable for up to 10 guests, provides the perfect setting for intimate family breakfasts or impromptu late night refreshments. The media room, equipped with state-of-the-art plasma TV, electronic game consoles and surround sound, is fully stocked with a selection of books and DVDs. Decorated with sumptuous leather chairs and English Cricket memorabilia to create a cozy escape for watching movies, reading a book or simply relaxing when the mood strikes. There is a Sony PC for internet access, and wi-fi is available throughout the property to connect through your own devices.
Four bedrooms are located in the main house on the upper level. The master suite has a super king size bed; two of the guest suites have king size beds and the fourth bedroom is a twin room. There is a fifth bedroom suite in the separate guest cottage which has a private garden patio. All five bedrooms are decorated with plush linens, charming wooden furniture and vibrant local artwork to create inviting retreats, as well as plasma TVs. They feature luxurious marble tiled en suite bathrooms with rain showers and four of them have double sinks. All bedrooms have spacious walk-in closets and wardrobe space. The master bedroom and two double guest suites in the main house all open out onto private balconies with wonderful views of the pool and sparkling Caribbean Sea.
The 30 ft. swimming pool features an expansive terrace, ideal for both intimate parties or large party entertaining, as well as an enchanting poolside gazebo for al fresco dining. Guests can listen to their favourite music or podcasts via iPod connection to the pool speakers. A private beach gate leads to the beautiful white sands and crystal waters of Gibbs Bay.
Drawing from their own experiences and preferences, the owners have carefully selected and trained the villa’s staff to provide exceptional service, including five-star dining prepared in Sandalo’s own gourmet kitchen by the villa’s chef. From home-baked breakfast pastries served with fresh local fruits and catered picnic beach lunches to sunset cocktails and canapés or multi-course dinners with a sophisticated Caribbean twist, each meal is masterfully prepared to guestsʼ specifications. In addition to the villa’s chef, a butler, housekeeper, maid and gardener complete the Sandalo team. Every morning, the Sandalo staff will place comfortable beach loungers, umbrellas, towels and ice boxes on the beach for guests' use. Our Butler will serve cocktails, iced drinks, ice cream and snacks whenever requested throughout the day, leaving you to totally relax and enjoy the Caribbean sunshine. Additional services can be provided on request, including nannies, babysitters or additional catering and bartending staff. Guests are assured privacy by a sophisticated security system and on-site security guard.
While Sandalo shines as one of the island’s most impressive beachfront estates, its surroundings only enhance its appeal as a holiday home. With no commercial or large developments in the area, Gibbs Bay has long attracted preeminent residents who value the peace and quiet afforded them by its exclusive location. Enjoy walks along the stretch of white coral sand, gently lapped by the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea, or for a change of pace, enjoy full water sports facilities and a friendly beach bar on Mullins Beach, just a five minute walk from Sandalo. Speightstown, the island’s quiet, undisturbed seaside town with an array of restaurants, shops and conveniences, is just a few minutesʼ drive north from Sandalo. To the south is the busier Holetown area, with world-class shopping, dining and nightclubs, as well as world-renowned golf courses at Sandy Lane and Royal Westmoreland, and tennis at Sugar Hill.
Chef 7 days per week, prepares 3 meals per day. Cost of groceries extra.
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately, or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund.
2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserve the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour.
3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner.
5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.
Let's face it, selecting a vacation rental these days can be a daunting task. Major websites offer thousands of options in each destination but often there are rate discrepancies and duplicate listings, begging the question: who manages the rental and meets me upon arrival with the keys?
We are a dedicated booking agency partnered with the top professionally managed vacation rentals around the globe ensuring you secure your dream villa at the lowest possible rate. After processing your reservation, we put you directly in touch with the experts on the ground to coordinate your arrival and take care of other requests such as car rentals, pre-stocking of food & beverage, restaurant reservations, etc.