Stay in a Park Ranger’s house! Outside the 2017 Detwiler Fire zone. Enjoy views of mountains and forests, amazing starry night skies, and wildlife on our 12-acres (4.9 ha). At the top of a gated property at 3100 feet (945 meters), it captures a lot of natural light. The two decks provide outdoor space to relax. It's 31 miles (50 km) to the Arch Rock entrance of Yosemite and 6 miles (9 km) to the historic gold mining town of Mariposa. Black Oak Hill is quiet and has serenity.
This 12-acre (5-ha) property has a lockable gate and reaches an elevation of 3100 feet (945 meters). The house sits on the highest point with lots of southern exposure and a starry night sky that is rare to witness in California. Wildlife seen on the property include deer, quail, turkeys, rabbits, songbirds and raptors.
Your group will enjoy this spacious 2000 sq. ft. (185 sq. m.) home, which is all on one level. In the last few years, this home has been extensively remodeled with new flooring, lighting, counters, refurbished bathrooms, and new paint throughout. You will stay comfortable with the newly installed heating and cooling system (forced air heat with a central thermostat, and evaporative cooling with supplemented air conditioning). There is a ceiling fan in every room. The fireplace is available for use November-April.
High-speed Wi-Fi, 40-inch HDTV with a soundbar, Blu-ray player with internet access to personal services such as Netflix, HuluPlus, Amazon Instant Video, Pandora, You Tube, etc. There is also Chromecast to stream entertainment from your smartphone or tablet. Each bedroom has a clock radio with Bluetooth and AUX connections. There are a variety of board games, playing cards, and a dedicated puzzle table with a selection of puzzles. Books about Yosemite, the national parks, and other topics of interest are provided, along with a small library of novels.
House Book and Guest Log
There is a black binder at the house with instructions for features at the house, and additional information about the area. There is also a Guest Log with comments from previous guests. You are welcome to add your comments about your stay or suggestions for future guests.
Babies and Young Children
We do not provide equipment such as a highchair, crib, playpen, or bedrails.
Disponible para huéspedes
This entire home is rented to one group at a time. There is a combination lock at the driveway gate and a lock box next to the front door where you can retrieve your keys. Codes are provided a week before you arrive.
Atención a los huéspedes
You have the entire property to yourself. We are available for any questions or concerns before and during your stay via phone, text, email or Airbnb messaging.
Otros aspectos destacables
- Guests are required to review and sign our Short Term Rental Agreement to provide extra protection for Guest and Host. Content is listed under the 'House Rules.'
- Mariposa County Transient Occupancy Certified in 2015. There is an 11% county tax on the rental fee, additional guest fee, and cleaning fee. The tax amount is listed in the Short Term Rental Agreement. The listing fees include 10% of the tax and we pay the additional 1%.
- If your preferred dates are not available on this calendar and you are flexible, send us an inquiry.
- Contact us about a free night for a 7-night stay.
- Treat our home with respect. We put a lot of hard work into remodeling it with our own hands. We are happy to share it with you and request that you help us by taking care of it.
- Guests under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or spouse over 18 years old
- Anyone over 1 year old is a paying guest
- Community quiet hours 10 pm to 8 am
- To further protect owner and renter, Guests are required to sign a Rental Agreement provided by the Host in order to receive property access information. Agreement includes:
- Maximum 8 people (Guests over 1 year old)
- No open flames or sparks inside or outside the home
- No smoking includes e-cigarettes, except in the carport
- No RV or tent camping
- No feeding wildlife
- Do not move indoor furniture or make any alterations to the premises
- Do not violate any county ordinance, state or federal law in or about the premises
- Guests do not hold Host liable for any injuries incurred in or around the premises
- Host is neither responsible nor liable for Guests’ personal property
- Guests are legally responsible for the cost of all damages
Este anfitrión tiene 24 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
We are both native San Franciscans who love the outdoors. For many years, we were National Park Service park rangers and lived in amazing places such as Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Rocky Mountains, and Yosemite. Our passion is to enjoy the wild places around the world and marvel at their uniqueness, beauty and intricate balance.
After working with park visitors who traveled from all over the world to see America's national parks, we wanted to invite guests to stay in our home as they enjoy the Yosemite area. We spent 5 years remodeling this house with our own hands while working in Yosemite. We started hosting in 2015 and have enjoyed meeting people from all walks of life who also want to enjoy the beauty of Yosemite.
Life's two most important questions:
Who am I?
What do I want?
The only moment I have is now.