My place is conveniently located close to Downtown, Byward Market, national museums, the National Gallery, National Arts Centre, Parliament Hill, recreational pathways, main streets, supermarkets, local bakery, transit routes, and to venues for many of Ottawa's 33 annual festivals, including Winterlude on the Rideau Canal and Dow's Lake, and Tulip Festival. My place is good for couples with/without children, people travelling alone or with friends, and business and university travellers,.
The apartment has been recently renovated and it is very clean and cheerful. It is two-storey with a bedroom and bathroom upstairs, and a combined living room and kitchen on the ground floor. The front door is on the east side of the house, and the back door opens onto a nice private deck surrounded by greenery, which is for guests only.
My street is a quiet one with a cul-de-sac to the east and a one-way street for west-bound traffic ending at a small residential junction at its western end. The apartment is even quieter than my home because it is located on the opposite side of the building to the street.
You can park in the driveway, and there is also on-street parking.
The kitchen is well-equipped so you will be able to heat up food in the microwave or cook your own meals.
Disponible para huéspedes
The apartment is attached to my home but apart from shared outside walls it is completely private with separate entrances. The main entrance is on the side of the apartment and there is also an entrance from the private deck. You will be provided with the keys to both doors.
Atención a los huéspedes
Since I have lived in Ottawa for 34 years I can help you find your way around. If you let me know what help or information you need before you come I can make sure I do my best to have it ready for you.
There will be coffee, tea, milk and sugar available for you in the apartment. If you come in late and need a few items for a continental breakfast, please let me know.
Otros aspectos destacables
The apartment does not have a washer or dryer but we can make arrangements for you to use mine if need be when you arrive.
For the summer months there is a clothes line in the garden which you are welcome to use.
- My apologize for what may seem like a long list, but it's better that we understand each other!
- Please note that the charge for each additional guest does not apply to children aged 0-12 years of age.
- Check-in is at 3:00 PM. Check-out is at 11:00 AM. If you are arriving a bit earlier or need an extra hour in the morning, it should be fine with us. The only thing we ask is that you check with us first. We want to avoid situations where a guest stays later and the next arrives earlier because it would limit the time we have in between for cleaning the apartment. If you are travelling on to another place for a day or two, we will be happy to store luggage for you.
- If you are travelling with children, we ask that you phone or email us prior to booking to discuss your needs and possible options for their accommodation since you may find the apartment unsuitable, particularly for infants and toddlers.
- Unfortunately, due to previous problems, we have had to set a minimum age requirement of 21. Guests under the age of 21 will have to be accompanied by parents or guardians.
- Please note that the apartment is not accessible for wheelchairs, etc., because of the entranceway steps and stairs to the second floor.
- We regret that we cannot accept any pets.
- The apartment is non-smoking, but you are welcome to smoke on the deck and use the ashtray provided.
- Drug use is not permitted anywhere on the premises, and no parties are allowed.
- The 3 Ps: To avoid disruptions such as plumbing problems during your stay, we ask that you place personal care and baby wipes, diapers, cotton swabs, tampons, sanitary products, etc., in the waste receptacles provided and do not flush them down the toilet where they could cause a blockage. ``Your toilet is not a garbage can. Only flush the three Ps – pee, poo and toilet paper!`` (from the City of Ottawa website).
- Out of respect for our neighbours and others in our home, we kindly ask you to keep things on the quieter side after 9:00 PM indoors, and after 7:00 PM outside on the deck. We have very nice quiet neighbours and don't want to disturb them or detract from their enjoyment of their own backyards!
- Our policy is to not to allow non-registered guests to stay overnight. However, we do understand that circumstances may arise after you have booked where you want to have an additional guest stay with you. If you want an additional guest to stay, please contact us ahead of time and we will do our best to accommodate them wherever possible.
- No shoes inside the house please! We have a no shoes indoors policy because we want to keep the floors clean and shiny for our guests.
- We have the apartment thoroughly cleaned after each guest stay. To help us keep cleaning costs down for you and other guests, we kindly ask that prior to leaving you wash and put away crockery, cutlery, cooking pans, utensils, etc.
- Empty rooms need no light! To keep energy costs down, which translates into savings for our guests, we ask that you turn off lights that are not in use, and turn the A/C and heating down when leaving the apartment. This is good for Mother Nature too!
- Accidents happen! We understand this and would very much appreciate it if you could let us know immediately should any damage occur so that we can deal with it as soon as possible.
- Upon departure, please remember to return the keys to us. You will have one key for the front door and another one for the door to the deck. If you lose the keys or accidentally take them away with you, we will have to charge you $3.50 each for having replacements cut.