The Ellis Sanders House is close to historic Nauvoo! You’ll love the location and the serenity of the acre it is located on! This home is nice for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, and even small families!
Nestled up a quiet lane and surrounded by acres of trees and lawns, this eminent, substantial three story home was constructed by Master builder William Mendenhall between 1843 and 1845. Nauvoo historians esteem it as one of the “three best preserved 1840’s Nauvoo homes” today and it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places of the United States Department of Interior.
The Ellis Sanders House enjoys a tranquil and picturesque location, quietly situated near the Nauvoo State Park and surrounded by acres of trees, lawns, and seasonal gardens. The exterior walls are three bricks thick from material provided by master Nauvoo brick maker, Isaac Hill. The original limestone foundation is still partly visible.
Within view of the Mississippi River and Old Nauvoo, The Ellis Sanders House is located close to the Nauvoo Temple. Amenities include fine antiques, quality linens, queen size beds, loveseat, and Jacuzzi tub.
Several original Nauvoo Temple Stones are found in paths and steps. Brigham Young & Heber C. Kimball taught in the Parlor. In the Spring of 1844 Joseph Smith took refuge from his foes in the basement of the house. Original owner, Ellis M. Sanders was among Nauvoo’s most prosperous residents & “gave of his thousands to build up the
Kingdom” (Brigham Young at Ellis’s funeral c.1873)
Disponible para huéspedes
* Beautiful, Historic Bed and Breakfast
* Upstairs King Suite has a king bed and can be paired with the parlor below which has a queen sleeper. The King Suite accommodates 4-5 with its parlor.
* 1 roll away/ottoman bed
* Complementary Breakfast, Continental Style
* Range/oven, Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Microwave
* Shared Dining Room
* Dishware, Utensils, Towels & Linens Provided
* Washer & Dryer for Guest Use
* Wireless Internet
* Cable TV in Parlor, in each room.
* Powder Room on the 1st Floor
* Two Full Baths on 2nd Floor, one with spa tub and rain head, the other has separate tub and shower.
* Two Historic fireplaces (one functioning)
* Central Heat and Air Conditioning
* Window Air Conditioner on 2nd floor
* LDS Art throughout
* Porta-crib available on request
* On-site Innkeepers
We own several homes in beautiful Nauvoo and many in premier locations. We look forward to accommodating you in Nauvoo.