Welcome to our bright and airy 1950s classic beach pad in beautiful Dromana on the Mornington Peninsula! From the moment you arrive you will feel you've stepped back in time to the golden era of the '50s & '60s which continues inside to the mid-century inspired decor. Enjoy bird watching and bay views from the covered front porch or the balcony deck. The house is situated minutes to the beach, restaurants & shops & only a short drive to Arthur's Seat, Red Hill & the many local wineries.
Classic mid century 1950s double-storey fibro beach house. Sleeps 4 people. The downstairs open plan living/dining/kitchen area has a split system air-conditioner and a gas heater. Amenities include a flat-screen TV and DVD player. The kitchen is fully equipped with gas cooktop, electric fan-forced oven, dishwasher, sandwich press, toaster, kettle, blender, coffee pod machine, microwave oven and rice cooker, as well as plenty of crockery, pots and pans and cutlery. Upstairs is a bright cosy sitting area which opens onto to a decked balcony. Here you can listen to vintage tunes on the vinyl record player which also has an AM FM radio and mp3 player input jack. The two bedrooms are off this sitting room, the master has a comfortable Queen size bed, remote-controlled ceiling fan and has views of the bay. The second bedroom has a bunk bed, remote-controlled wall-mounted fan and overlooks the pretty back garden. The downstairs bathroom is equipped with shower, basin, toilet (no bath) and a washer and dryer. Bed linen and bath towels provided. Bring your own beach towels. A BBQ is available for your use. Plus free wifi!
**Verification: As a security measure, guests with fewer than 5 AirBnB feedback reviews from hosts will need to have completed Government ID verification before any bookings are accepted.**
**Prices vary so use the calendar to check availability and cost. Thanks**
Disponible para huéspedes
The house, back and front gardens, balcony, covered porches and front deck. One private wing of the house will be locked. Sorry, no pets allowed.
Atención a los huéspedes
In most instances guests will be able to access keys from a key safe on site. Instructions and the lock code will be provided before check-in and we are contactable via mobile if required. We will not be living at the property during guest stays, but may be around on the odd occasion to do minor maintenance, such as mowing the lawn or watering the garden, but will let guests know in advance.
Otros aspectos destacables
• The stairs are open tread and may not be suitable for young or small children.
• Children aged under-10 or persons over 90 kg should not use the top bunk bed.
• The bathroom is on the ground floor and the bedrooms are upstairs so the property is not suitable for elderly or mobility-impaired persons.
• We have a cat, she will not be in residence during guest stays.
• No more than 4 guests in total allowed
• No schoolies or third party bookings.
• Guests are not to use any extra bed(s) or bedding if they were not booked and paid for
• Check-in is after 3pm and check-out is strictly before 11am.
• It's a quiet residential area so please be mindful of the neighbours, no loud noise, parties.
• Take time to read and follow the instructions on use of the household appliances in the welcome booklet. Any damage from misuse or abuse will be the responsibility of the renter and charged for repair or replacement accordingly. Any stains/damage on furnishings or rugs or other items will also be deducted from the bond. Note that some of our belongings are vintage and difficult to source and replace, so please be respectful
• Make-up and tanning products can permanently stain whites, so use the make-up wipes provided or your own towel if you use these products. If stains cannot be cleaned from towels or linen a replacement fee will apply.
• The BBQ must be cleaned thoroughly after use.
• Do not remove any house items from the property at any time; bath towels are not to be used for the beach. BYO beach towels.
• Place all rubbish and recyclables in the outside wheelie bins (do not put non-recyclables in the recyling bin). Wash, dry & put away dishes, clean out your food from the fridge, wipe up any spills. Generally keep the house and garden neat and tidy and leave as you found. If you are a guest on Tuesdays wheel the rubbish (smaller bin) and recycling (blue lid) bins to the nature strip facing kerbside for the Wednesday garbage collection.
• Strictly no smoking in the house and if you smoke outdoors use ash trays.
• Lost keys will incur a replacement fee.
• When checking out ensure the appliances (apart from the fridge) and lights are switched off. Lock up the house and return keys to the key safe.
• Sorry, no pets allowed
Thank you, and we hope you enjoy your stay!
Hi, I'm Colleen and I work in publishing as a graphic designer. My husband Mick and I purchased this 1950s fibro beach pad in Dromana as a getaway from busy Melbourne a couple of years back. Since then we have been refurbishing it to our (slightly kitschy) mid-century taste. It's still a work in progress but we enjoy the house and the Mornington Peninsula lifestyle so much we want to share the experience with others, particularly with those who appreciate this vibrant era of architecture and decor. We hope you love it as much as we do!