We were a family of 4 (parents and 2 teenaged daughters) in Hong Kong (HK) from Dec 27, 2016, to Jan 3, 2017. We were looking for a place in middle of Central as a base for exploring and visiting local friends. We were late in getting a place, finalizing our plans early in December.
* Close to the Mid-Levels Escalator, which cuts Central in half and makes it easy to go down to Hong Kong MTR, a 20-minute walk.
* There's a washing machine, but it is hang dry, a bit harder during winter. This winter was a bit warm, ranging from low 60F to mid 70F. There is great laundry service at the ground level that washes and dries in a day at a reasonable rate.
* Plenty of restaurants around, including great dai-pai-dongs. So if you go hungry, it is your own fault.
* Retail stores in the area and a grocery store within 2 blocks.
* Very quiet neighborhood, very little street noise, but there is some construction noise.
* Great base to explore HK Island
* Typical small 1-bedroom HK apartment. Not big enough for 4 adults. But it is perfect for a couple.
* Rooms are small
* Room is on the third floor without a lift, so we had to climb stairs with heavy luggage
* Hong Kong MTR is 20-minutes away, walking
* Could not communicate with Igor midway thru stay.
* Did not figure out the trash situation during our stay, ended up taking it down to public trash cans everyday.
In summary, we enjoyed our stay at Igor's place. It was centrally located and very quiet. My wife and I woke up early everyday and was able to walk down to grab breakfast at different places, tasting HK at a different place each day. We celebrated NYE on the Island and went back to the apartment, which was quiet, even though it is within blocks for many nightclubs. Getting around is pretty easy, especially going to Central along the Escalators walkway. There is an elevated walkway that avoids traffic.
It is a small place for 4 adults, ideally it is for 2 people. We knew that going in, but it was off-set with the good location.