Cascade Cabin is a cozy and comfortable, yet newer, authentic log home on 1.5 acres, just a five minute drive (2.4 miles) to downtown Nevada City. Three bedrooms, three bathrooms, with updated, modern decor and amenities.
Features include: High-speed Wifi, Smart flat-screen TV for access to Netflix/Amazon/Hulu, etc., Sonos wireless speaker, central heat and air conditioning, dishwasher, washer and dryer, Tuft & Needle mattresses and white linens and towels, private attached two car garage for easy, interior access to the home. Hardwood floors throughout.
The updated, modern, high-end kitchen includes all stainless steel appliances, and is fully stocked for meal preparation and dining. Dining table with extension leaf comfortably seats up to 12.
The house is located directly on the Cascade Canal trail, offering 4.5 miles (one way) of virtually flat hiking through the peaceful forest along a beautiful gold rush-era waterway. Direct access to the canal and trail is literally 15 feet outside the back door. There is a large lawn in front of the house and a fenced vegetable garden that is maintained seasonally. The house is up a private driveway on 1.5 acres with only one other house viewable from the property for privacy and seclusion.
- Master with a king size bed and private shower and toilet room. Double sinks are located in the master bedroom itself (see photos).
- Queen bedroom with built in desk. Shares full hall bathroom (shower/tub combo) with:
- Cozy two twin bedroom.
An additional full bathroom (with shower) is located downstairs, off the kitchen.
There is a wood burning stove in the living room for both warmth and winter woods ambience. Plenty of board games, puzzles and toys for kids young and old. The bookshelves are full of books to read while there, or take with if you become engrossed in one.
Pets are welcome with an additional deposit. Children welcome and will love it here, but know that there is no fence leading to the canal waterway and should be watched closely. Comfortably sleeps 6 adults, additional children welcome in pack'n'plays/floor mats.
We've put a lot of time, energy and thought into making this a special mountain getaway retreat in a very special little town and know that you'll have a wonderful time in our home!
Disponible para huéspedes
Guests have access to the entire house, including the garage. The home is three stories, including the lower garage level, so it is a requirement to be able to go up and down stairs. Additionally, the house is located on a slight slope with gravel paths and stairs for access to the front door. Being able to navigate slightly loose, uneven terrain is also a necessity.
Atención a los huéspedes
A local property manager is available for any onsite needs or questions.
Otros aspectos destacables
While rare, it can snow in Nevada City in the winter and our Cabin is at a slightly higher elevation than town, meaning more snow. There is a partially paved, partial gravel driveway that is on a slope leading up to the house. If there is snow forecast, it's recommended to have a 4WD car and/or have enough food and wood provisions for a cozy weekend snowed in. Snow shovels and sleds provided.
- Any smoking must be done outside. Tobacco smoking is NOT allowed anywhere on the property - inside or outside.
- Shoes must be removed prior to entering the house and left inside the door used for access.
- Keep the property and all furnishings in good order and only use appliances for their intended uses.
- We allow children with the following stipulations: Guests are responsible for any and all necessary 'baby proofing'; children under age 13 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Pets are permitted only with prior approval and an extra $50 cleaning fee.
- There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental or cleaning rate.
- Exercise extreme caution when using the wood stove. Ask if you have any questions regarding operation prior to use. Only burn wood and newspaper (no cardboard or trash).
- The stone stairs leading from the garage area to the back door may not be used, except for in emergency situations.
- The cabin is on a septic system. It will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. If it is found that feminine products or other improper material have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to the cost of repair.
- No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. The gravel drive is maintained; however, we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the winter months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
- People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
- The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
Durante el período del 22 de Noviembre de 2017 - 26 de Noviembre de 2017 la estancia mínima es de 4 noches.
I grew up in Nevada City and my parents and many friends still live there. Now that we have two small kids, my husband and I wanted a place where we could come spend time in the woods and the kids could get dirty and play with Grandma and Grandpa. When we travel we typically stay in Airbnbs and wanted to pay it forward by opening our home to other families and groups that could also fall in love with our mountain retreat.