Share a Victorian era house built in 1899 in Boyle Heights with great nightly rates for the savvy traveler. You'll be central to Los Angeles, and minutes from the Arts District, Little Tokyo and Downtown. Nearby attractions include the LA Convention Center, Staples Center and Walt Disney Concert Center Hall. The Mariachi Plaza metro station on the Gold line is 3 blocks away.
Your two private bedrooms have new hardwood floors; new full sized mattresses and feature double pane windows to help block city noise. Clean blankets, linens, towels and bathroom toiletries are provided. The bathroom is newly renovated. A gate opener provides convenient access to secured parking. You'll have use of the swimming pool, kitchen, living room and laundry room. Sheep wool from the State of Oregon was used for insulation. Wool is fireproof, and it insulates incredibly well! The larger front bedroom has an air conditioner and ceiling fan.
You’ll love the whole house water filtration system that filters the water you drink, wash and bathe in. It removes contaminants and toxins common to public water systems.
Disponible para huéspedes
You can use the private swimming pool. You’ll have two private rooms, a walk in closet and a private re-modeled bath. You’ll have use of the kitchen, iron, hair blow dryer, washer/dryer, WiFi and TVs. If you’re driving, a remote control unit will allow you to open the gate to access private parking.
Atención a los huéspedes
If you need help getting around in LA using the public transportation system, or would simply like to talk, I'm always available to give friendly advice. If I'm in my bedroom, please feel free to knock on my door. Else I'm usually in a different part of the property or running errands.
Otros aspectos destacables
A famous movie script writer lived in the home who wrote the following movie scripts: “Savior (Dennis Quaid - 1998), Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (Michael Sheen, Bill Nighy, Rhona Mitra - 2009), Tears of the Sun (Bruce Willis -2003)."
The swimming pool is an oasis in the summer time. At its deepest, it is 12 ft deep. If you have children, they need to be supervised while in the pool. Please shower before entering the pool and please obey all posted signs. There is no lifeguard on duty; swim at your own risk.
- Smoking is allowed outside of the house, not inside.
- The small entry hallway of the house building may not be obstructed or used for any other purpose than entry and exit from the house.
- Tenants shall maintain their bedrooms and bath in a condition that does not create a fire and/or health hazards, including repulsive odors.
- The attic, basement and roof are off limits.
- Tenants are responsible for the behavior of their guests. A violation of the house rules by a guest will be treated as a violation by that tenant.
- If emergency repairs are needed, tenants are required to provide access to their bedrooms and baths. Tenants will be given as much advance warning as possible when repairs are scheduled. In case access must be gained for an emergency repair, the landlord will make a diligent effort to notify you of the reasons and date/time.
- Check-in time is at 3PM. – 11PM (Please make arrangements for earlier or later check-in times
- Checkout time is at 11AM.
- Quiet hours are between the hours of 11:30 p.m. and 8 a.m. on weekdays, and 12:00 a.m. and 9 a.m. on weekends. During these hours, tenants may not play loud music, operate heavy machinery, or make any loud noises that may disturb their neighbors. Exceptions may include required repairs and maintenance authorized by the landlord.
- Children need to be supervised while in the pool.
- Please obey the posted swimming pool rules and note that there is no lifeguard on duty. Swim at your own risk.
- The swimming pool diving board has been removed.
I'm a native of Boyle Heights and recently moved back from the East Coast. I'm a graduate of Carnegie Mellon University, and have traveled the world extensively. Having visited several major cities, I must say that LA is my favorite. The weather is generally FANTASTIC, getting around is easy, and the food varieties are amazing.
I'm an avid movie lover and some of my favorite movies are Lost in Translation, The Last Samurai, Geronimo: An American Legend, Casablanca, anything Star Trek and Everything Star Wars.
I'm an avid lover of nature and trees. The trees on my property are amazing and include a variety of cactus, two lemon trees, a large avocado tree, 2 fantastic orange trees and two mango trees. All of them grow seasonal fruit in abundance.
Lastly, I'm a Disabled American and especially welcoming, understanding and compassionate towards others with disabilities. Thank you for reading :)