In the heart of the picturesque village of St Kew near Port Issac, a spacious and comfortable mill set within wonderful peaceful gardens with woodland and a stream. Nestled below the village church of St James and a short walk from the renowned St Kew Inn. Ideally located close to Port Isaac (Doc Martin), Polzeath (surfing, swimming and rock-pooling), Rock (sailing), Tintagel and Padstow. A private and quiet place to retreat to after a day at the beach, sightseeing or walking the coastal path.
Willow Mill is approached via a driveway and is bordered by the River Amble and the village church of St James. The house sleeps 8 people in four bedrooms (two super kings, one triple, one single). A travel cot and high chair are at your disposal.
Downstairs there is an entrance hall with a cosy wood burner. Leading off the hall is a super king bedroom with dressing room and en-suite (bath, WC and sink). A further triple room also leads off the hall . This can be made up as a super king and a single or as three single beds. The triple has access to a shower room (WC, sink and shower). All the downstairs rooms have views of the garden.
There is a utility room with washing machine, tumble drier and space to store boots, coats and wetsuits.
Up a small flight of stairs is a large kitchen with wooden beams and full length doors leading to the patio. The kitchen has views across the garden and a dining table seating 8 . The kitchen has a fridge-freezer, fan oven, halogen hob, microwave and dishwasher.
A further flight of stairs leads you to a large living room with views of the garden and church, there are comfortable sofas and a log burner (Freesat TV, DVD player and Wi-Fi provided).
An upstairs super king bedroom has wooden beams and a Juliet balcony looking across to the back garden, pond and church. The second bedroom upstairs is a single with en-suite WC and shower and looks out onto the woodland area and stream.
The house sits within lovely gardens full of magnolias and mature trees. In spring and summer there is an abundance of ferns, clematis, roses and wisteria. The patio at the front of the wisteria clad house is a perfect place for drinks and a barbecue.
The woodland area and stream are magical and great fun for exploring and den building. The stream will lead you to a ford and footbridge. (Please see house rules regarding supervision of children and dogs within the grounds. )
The garden has lovely views of the XVth century village church and if you are lucky you may hear the bells! The St Kew Inn, a great pub for a drink and a delicious meal, is a few of minutes walk away.
There is a is ample parking space for 4-5 cars.
Willow Mill can be rented in conjunction with its sister property Little Barn (sleeps 6 ) at the end of the drive. Together they accommodate 14 people.
Disponible para huéspedes
You will have access to the entire house. The house is very private, it is not overlooked.
Changeover day is Friday unless otherwise agreed with the owner. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Otros aspectos destacables
The changeover day is Friday unless otherwise agreed with the owner. Please contact me to discuss your requirements.
Willow Mill shares a driveway with its sister property Little Barn. If Little Barn is booked please respect the residents' privacy. They have access to a separate part of the garden but there is joint access to the woodland and the stream.
Outside the utility room there is an outdoor dog pen and kennel.
- Water Safety : As you will see Willow Mill is located next to the River Amble and has a pond in its garden. We would ask that children are supervised when playing near these areas.
- We accept up to two dogs well behaved dogs in the house. There will be an extra charge of £25 per dog, payable direct to the host in advance, due to increased cleaning costs. Owners must clean up any dog mess – a charge of £50 will be deducted from the damage deposit if any dog mess is left at the end of the stay.
- Although we accept pets, we would ask that they are not allowed in carpeted areas, into the bedrooms or up on the furniture. We would also ask that they are not left in the property without supervision. The garden is open and there is opportunity for dogs to escape across the river into fields or out of the bottom of the drive which is shared by our sister property Little Barn
- Please empty rubbish bins at the end of the stay and put in the appropriate wheelie bin outside.
- Please leave the house in the state in which you would like to find it.
Este anfitrión tiene 5 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
Hi, I'm Claire, my family and I live in Hampshire but we try to visit Cornwall as much as possible . My husband's family are from Port Isaac and the properties have been a family home since 1999. In 2016 we started running the houses as a holiday let. Our children enjoy having adventures in the woods, making dens and playing in the stream. We all love walking the coastal path, surfing and body boarding at Polzeath. Willow Mill and Little Barn are great places to unwind after a day at the beach or a long coastal walk. We feel so relaxed there, we never want to leave. We hope that our guests will feel the same.