Welcome to my place, a freshly renovated, roomy apartment, close to the city but a retreat from it, so make yourself at home and unwind. The No.3 bus stop is right outside, a ride to town costs $3.50 and takes 10 mins. You can walk to the city through the Botanical Gardens or Victoria University or walk passed the local shops and cafes and catch the Cable Car to the central city. Zealandia and Parliament are also nearby. I provide a Welcome breakfast and a chat about the delights of Wellington.
This spacious apartment offers a place for the weary traveller or the busy business person to unwind, relax and prepare for what's next. It is close to the city but surrounded by green.
The sun room gives a space to enjoy the sun all day and a table/workbench and window seats to sit and reflect. The lounge is a cosy place for evenings and colder days.
The kitchen has a dining table and brand new stove, dishwasher and fridge and there are pots and pans etc... The bathroom has a brand new shower, washing machine and separate toilet. The bedroom is a the rear of the apartment so is quiet and has a wardrobe and drawers for your things.
Disponible para huéspedes
This is a private apartment with your own entrance and key.
Atención a los huéspedes
My partner and I are seasoned locals. Our adult children are actively involved in the local art scene and sports as actors, performers, political activists and sports players. They keep us involved and informed on what is current and trending in the art scene in our 'Creative Capital'. Successful Web Series have been filmed from this space over the last few years. We are always keen to chat about all of this if you have the time. We have brochures of current shows and events and walking maps available to help you take part in the action.
Wellington is famous for its cafes and restaurants and its growing craft beer industry, we can let you know a range of interesting places to go to give you a real taste of what Wellington can offer.
Otros aspectos destacables
This is a Wellington property, so it is perched on the hillside and there are 20 steps from our gate to the apartment and 10 steps and a path to the gate from the road.
- We reserve the right to terminate Your Booking immediately without being liable for any refund or compensation where You engage in unacceptable behaviour that causes a disturbance or nuisance physical damage and or interference to the apartment or associated property or tenants in building. We reserve the right to recover actual and reasonable costs from any guest in the event of damage to the property, bedding, carpets, towels, furnishings, electronic equipment, locks etc. Furthermore, in the instance where substantive damage has occurred to such property, and in circumstances where the management believe there has been a lack of reasonable & responsible care on the part of the guest or guests, we reserve the right to recover costs for those damages to an amount not exceeding $1000.00 per instance. Liability: our total liability to You is limited to the price of the Booking and to the fullest extent permitted by law all warranties are excluded and in no circumstances will We be responsible for any indirect or special damages. We will not be liable for failure to perform to the extent that the failure is caused by any factor beyond Our reasonable control. You are responsible for any damage or loss caused to Us or Our property by Your act, omission, default or neglect and You agree to indemnify Us and to pay Us on demand the amount reasonably required to make good or remedy any such damage or loss.
- Visitors: It is understood and agreed that only the registered guest/s occupy the apartment. Visitors maybe permitted at the managements' discretion. We request that no more than 6 persons' in total are in the apartment at one time and all visitors leave the building by 12.00pm. The registered guest is responsible for the behaviour of all persons/visitors whilst on the property. All deliberate or reckless acts that result in damage to our property and any costs associated with inappropriate behaviour resulting will be charged to the registered guest.
- Keys: Losing or misplacing a key/ keys will result in you being charged $50.00 per key for replacement.
- Our household promotes green and sustainable practices, recycling rubbish, we recycle food waste in a worm farm. We use Eco Store products for cleaning, washing and bathing which are better for your health and the planet. To conserve power please ensure that all heating is turned off when you leave the apartment.
- The base price for one or two persons covers sharing of the Queen bed only. There is a single size sofa bed for an extra guest or family member (please see extra cost). There is a fully functioning kitchen with brand new white ware, fridge, stove and dish washer. There is a new washing machine for your use. Tasty 'Welcome' Continental Breakfast are provided for the first morning of your stay, teapot and coffee plunger are provided.
I'm looking forward to having you stay. My partner and I have lived in Wellington for many years and have both travelled and lived for long periods overseas. At times we have thought of moving but we find Wellington offers the things we value in life; conversation, ideas, creativity and sport. Our adult children are actively involved in the arts. A successful online web series and drama all launched from this location but now in production elsewhere. They balance this with sport and we can be seen at local finals of Women's Rugby as well as at local theatre productions. We enjoy Botanical Garden walks and often walk to the city, to cafes, art galleries and theatre.
My working life has been here in education and the arts, my partner Bruce is a Neo Jungian Analyst and we still dabble a bit in these occupations. My company Pixelhouse promotes education through the arts, true to the heritage of NZ education.
We find Wellington a stimulating place to live, work and play and I'm sure you'll find it fun too.