Our place is close to Ravenstonedale village (3 miles), which has two excellent pubs serving tasty, award winning food and beer. The beautiful Howgill Fells are literally outside the door. You’ll love it because of the comfy beds, the cosiness, and the views. It's is good for families or large groups to get together and enjoy the outdoors, or to relax in front of the cosy log-burning stove. If you are active, this is a mountain bikers paradise as well as being brilliant for walkers too.
The downstairs space is bright and light with an open-plan layout. There is a a well-equipped kitchen and spacious lounge/dining area. There is a wet-room downstairs with toilet, basin and shower and a laundry area with washing machine and dryer.
The upstairs space includes 2 bathrooms, 2 double rooms, a dormer with 2 bunk beds and 2 singles and and an adjoining dormer with 2 bunk beds.
Disponible para huéspedes
The whole cottage plus parking area and garden (with chickens)!
Atención a los huéspedes
We will normally be available to help with anything and everything! If we're not, we will make arrangements to ensure you are well-looked after...or leave you completely alone if that is what you prefer!
Otros aspectos destacables
The property is accessed by a traditional farm track 0.9 miles and is on a working farm. There may be gates to open, depending on the time of year.
- Please note that there is a one mile long traditional farm track to the property and there may be gates to open and close.
- The property sleeps 14. We can accept more, but this is strictly by arrangement.
- No outdoor shoes upstairs
- Please leave the property clean and tidy!
- Dogs must respect the sheep, lambs and chickens on this working farm.
-Check out by 11am (or later by pre-arrangement).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. CONFIRMING YOUR BOOKING. Payment in full is due at the time of making your booking and must be paid under the terms as laid out by Airbnb. Please note your holiday is not confirmed until you have received written confirmation from us and we reserve the right to refuse any booking before we have issued the written holiday confirmation form. Your booking is made as a consumer and you accept that we cannot be liable for any business losses you may incur. You must be over 18 years of age at the time of making your booking. As soon as you receive the written confirmation form, you must check it carefully. Any errors must be reported to us immediately.
2. HOLIDAY COST. The prices quoted are in sterling and for the number of days stated. Prices are subject to change at any time. Included in the price is gas, electric, fuel and bed linen. Prices are subject to change at any time, once your holiday has been confirmed we will not change your holiday cost.
3. ALTERATIONS TO THE BROCHURE. We endeavour to ensure the information contained on the website provided by owners is correct. However the information may have changed by the time you book so you must ensure you check all details of your chosen property including prices when you book
4. OCCUPANCY. Your property group must not exceed the maximum number of people the property will sleep as detailed in the description , this includes children, unless under 1 years old, in which case they will be classed as an infant and provided the property accepts infants as an additional person to its occupancy can exceed the maximum number by 1 infant only. If it does the owner/caretaker can refuse to allow you to take possession of the property or make you leave before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your holiday as cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to a refund of monies or compensation. Where the property has the facility to sleep extra ie 4/6 a charge of 25 per person per week/part week will be charged for the extra people. Bed linen is NOT supplied for sofa/extra beds.
5. EQUIPMENT BREAKDOWN. All of our properties are checked prior to your arrival to ensure everything is in working order, however just like at home, equipment can break down at any time. Please report any break downs immediately to our the owner. We will endeavour to fix the problem as soon as we are aware however out of hours, weekends and bank holidays it may not be possible to get a qualified engineer to the problem until the next working day. We will not be able to offer compensation unless you have been without the facility for more than 24 hours or if it is deemed to be a user fault.
6. WI-FI. There is currently no Wi-Fi at the property.
7. INSPECTIONS/EMERGENCY REPAIRS. We may require access to the property during your stay to carry out inspections/emergency repairs etc. In all cases we will endeavour to inform you prior to your arrival.
8. DOGS. It is at the owners discretion if dogs are accepted at the property, this does not mean gardens are fenced etc, it simply means pets are welcome at that property, you must check the individual brochure description to ensure the property meets your requirements. Dogs should never be left alone in the property or given access to the bedrooms and there must be no evidence your dog has been at the property when you depart. Full terms and Conditions for Pets are available on request.
9. TOWELS. We do not provide towels and guests must bring their own. Towels may be available to hire at extra cost.
10. SMOKING. The property is non smoking. Guests are welcome to smoke outside as long as smoke is not entering the property through open doors/windows.
11. GARDEN A garden is available for the use of guests, but please note that chickens may be roaming.
12. KEY COLLECTION. Your property is available from 4.00pm (please check your confirmation) on day of arrival and must be vacated by 3pm on day of departure, unless otherwise stated on your holiday confirmation. In some instances we may be able to bring forward the entry time or extend the departure time, however we do require advance notice and we will only be able to confirm we are able to change the times 2 days before holiday commencement. Keys must be returned to owner prior to midday on the day of departure, unless otherwise agreed.
13. PROPERTY KEYS. You are responsible for the safe keeping of your keys once you have collected these. There will be a charge of 120 including VAT to enable us to replace the locks and additional keys needed if keys are lost. An additional call out fee may be applied if keys are lost out of normal office hours.
14. CARE OF COTTAGE. Our cottage is the result of years of hard work and investment. It is lovingly cared for and we ask that you treat the cottage with respect and leave it clean and tidy. Please report any damage/breakages to the cottage owner or the local office on or before departure in order for us to fix/replace these prior to the next guests coming in. Damage/breakages caused through neglect will be charged for, in this case we will contact you within 72 hours of departure.
15. COMPLAINTS. You must report immediately to the owner or, whereupon, if possible, the matter will be resolved straight away. Reporting complaints after your holiday is too late for us to rectify and properly investigate..
16. CANCELLATION. Please see Airbnb STRICT cancellation policy as included in listing.
17. UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL. Compensation payments will not apply where we cannot fulfil our obligations due to circumstances beyond our control. This would mean any event we or the owners cannot foresee with all due care, eg riots, war or threat of war, terrorist activity, civil strife, natural or nuclear disaster, industrial dispute, adverse weather conditions, fire epidemic or health risk and similar factors beyond our control.
18. UTILITY SERVICES. Compensation cannot be paid for any loss of power, water, Wi-Fi etc for services provided by a third party ie, if there is a power cut or a fault with their equipment. We will endeavour to inform holidaymakers of any scheduled work we have been made aware of prior to guests arrival but in some cases we are not advised prior to the event and therefore unable to advise accordingly.
19. TERMINATION. We reserve the right to forthwith terminate any letting in the event that the hirer or any of the hirers party cause any deliberate or negligent damage to the property being let, behaves in such a way to cause or constitute a nuisance to nearby properties or have more people staying in the property than listed on the booking form. In such cases the hirer shall remain liable for the cost of any damage or outstanding rental and shall not be entitled to a refund.
We are countryside-loving people who know the value of peace and quiet. We love to watch wildlife and immerse ourselves in the local area by bike or on foot. We have been working on our guest accommodation for some time and now feel we would like to share the beauty of the area in which we live. We love travelling to new places and enjoying good food. Our guests will be left to themselves to enjoy Stayhowgills, but we will not be far away if we are needed to help in any way.