The Long Dog Retreat is close to:
Kalamazoo and South Bend
Notre Dame, SWMC and WMU
Swiss Valley Ski Lodge in Jones, Michigan
Casinos and Wineries
You’ll love my place because of the quiet country setting on a beautiful lake! Great for couples, families and small groups of friends to get together!
We are PET FRIENDLY!
The Badger Hound House is located at The Long Dog Retreat Cabin Rentals on Huyck Lake in Marcellus, Michigan.
The cabin is cozy and a great place to just get away from the craziness of city life! It is important to note that we have Satellite TV so it is dependent on the weather. Snuggle up next to the fire with your dog and just relax! There are several games provided and we encourage you to use your time here to read a good book, play some board games or cards, watch some fun old movies or catch up on your sleep! (or other activities :)
Disponible para huéspedes
The Badger Hound House is fully furnished with a complete kitchen. It has a full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee pot and toaster oven. There is a washer/dryer with laundry soap provided. Coffee, filters, sugar, cream and tea is also provided. Dishes, pots, pans and all utensils are also provided.
The Badger Hound House is on a dirt road. It is plowed in the winter time but travel can be hazardous when there is a lot of snow. Please watch the weather. We are located in Cass County Michigan. Parking is at the top of a hill behind the property and there are approximately 15 steps to get down to the house. The house is NOT handicapped accessible.
Atención a los huéspedes
Joe and Jack Landgraf are your hosts! They live just across the street so help is only a few feet away if you need anything.
Joe is a retired USMC Major who served his country for 25 years including many deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. The Long Dog Retreat Dachshund Rescue is co-located on the property. They currently own 2 wiener dogs and foster a few more.
Otros aspectos destacables
> We no longer have the rent-a-wiener program.
> Rowboat free with rental. Host will assign a boat upon check in. Not available all year (yes, people have asked...)
> Pontoon boat rentals available upon request (May - October). Please contact host to secure a reservation. 2017 prices:
Full week- $175.00
Weekend (Friday 5PM to Sun at sunset). $80.00
Daily - $40.00
> Plan to bring your own boat? Limit one boat per cabin rental. Please contact host for specifics/ pricing.
>Air Conditioning. We DO have window air conditioners that can be easily installed however we ask that you leave an additional $5.00 per day that you use them. Electricity is expensive out here in the country and USUALLY there is a nice breeze and the AC's are not needed. If you need help putting the AC's in the windows, we will be happy to help.
> The Badger Hound House is on a well. The water is SAFE but doesn't taste that great. We encourage you to bring bottled water.
> DO NOT RINSE FOOD DOWN THE KITCHEN SINK. There is NOT a garbage disposal. Please put food waste in the trash or burn.
> There are 2 bath robes in each of the lake side bedroom closets for guest use. Please feel free to use them and place with linens upon checkout.
> During the warmer seasons, if you have an outdoor fire please burn any paper waste like paper plates, cups, packaging or cardboard. DO NOT BURN OR ATTEMPT TO BURN ALUMINUM CANS AND GLASS BOTTLES.
> Please help us reduce our footprint on the environment.
1. Laundry. If you do not intend to sleep in the other beds please do not lay on them, walk on them or allow pets and children to do the same. Towels; please use them sparingly - AND bring your own beach towels. If an accident happens and the linens are soiled - please be courteous and wash the sheets
2. During the warmer seasons, if you have an outdoor fire please burn any paper waste like paper plates, cups, packaging or cardboard. DO NOT BURN OR ATTEMPT TO BURN ALUMINUM CANS, HEAVY PLASTICS AND GLASS BOTTLES. Also, please don't throw wet garbage on a dying fire on your way out the door on check-out day in a effort to clean up - someone will have to clean up what does not get consumed by the fire.
3. Recycling bags available upon request - if you want to recycle you need to separate your own trash.
HOUSE RULES (not "suggestions").
- No one under the age of 18 allowed on the docks, in the boats or on the beach without adult. Parents/ guardians are responsible for their children (yes, we have to state this...). There is NOT a lifeguard on duty.
- Pontoon Boats (May to October) can be rented for additional fee. Fees are not "negotiable" and will be paid by cash or check prior to boat launch.
- We do not have cribs available but we MAY have a pack-n-play available. Please contact host in advance.
- Check in and check out times are NOT suggestions. Do NOT expect to check in before 5PM for summer months (May to Oct), no exceptions on early check in. Guests arriving later than 10 MUST contact host with ETA.
- Everyone must be checked out by 12:00 PM (we need time to prepare for the next guests).
- Quiet time after 11 PM.
- Children and Infants under 2 are WELCOME however...we do NOT have safety latches on the cupboards.
- Although our rules say no Events or Parties...we are reasonable people. If you would like to have a SMALL gathering...that is permissable. No more than 15 people please - however, this does NOT allow for an increase in scheduled overnight occupancy.
- Our parking is limited, IF YOU INTEND TO HAVE MORE THAN 4 VEHICLES PLEASE CONTACT HOST IN ADVANCE.
- Use the parking lot at the top of the hill. NO parking down by the lake. Towing at vehicle owner's expense.
- Do NOT smoke in the house. Smoking is allowed OUTSIDE or on the porch during bad weather only (420 OK).
- There is a veteran on the premises. NO FIREWORKS OR GUNS PLEASE.
- If your party rearranges ANY furniture please put it back where it was upon check in.
- Please do not place comforters and large/heavy blankets on the floor. These items are difficult to launder. When stripping beds, remove only the sheets and pillow cases - leave the blankets and pillows on beds (leave shams on decorative pillows).
* To qualify for our Rent A Wiener Program you MUST have a photo I.D. and sign a foster contract.
- If you bring a pet, please bring current vaccination record.
Our rules are for the safety of all Long Dog Retreat guests and as a courtesy to our neighbors on the lake. Failure to follow rules may result in dismissal from the property. Management reserves this right and has the support of local law enforcement.