Well, this is an unfortunate turn of events. You make a lot of claims here Leslie and are clearly disappointed, interesting that this is the only time I've heard any of this. This is a 4 Bd house in a beautiful neighborhood, your room was fully furnished with a large closet. Hardly a dorm room experience.
Let me address your mistakes :
1. I don't have to post that I am cannabis friendly, and kept it off my profile for a reason, so thanks for posting on here in the manner that portrays my home improperly. Clearly your stay here during 4th of July week must be exactly how it is in my home every day of the year.
2. During your immediate orientation I asked you if you were okay with smoking in the house, and that if you weren't smokers would be told to keep smoke outside or in their rooms. So for days you said nothing and suffered. I tell every guest this, and the house would have accommodated you if you had spoken up.
3. It's an awesome hot tub and it works fine. Treated water isn't clear, I've had people constantly using the tub, it's a holiday week and the wind blows tree debris into the tub. I treat the tub constantly and apologize if I'm not out there skimming it before every person goes in there. The color is only from the vegetative matter falling in and no one skimming the tub for themselves. You expect me to follow you around and turn on and off outside lights?! I'll be sure to move the wood pile. And I asked you to turn off the sunroom lights because you were 10 feet away from the plug. It wasn't your responsibility, as you stated, I was just asking you for a favor since I turned them on for you specifically.
4. You're the one guest out of the last 30 that I forgot to say, "Don't block me in." It's a shame I have to say that apparently 100% of the time. I live on a corner and my property has room for 7 cars on the street. If you're a guest at someone's house that you don't know, and you come home for the evening and there are two cars in the driveway, one on each side, YOUR thought is, I only have two choices, hmmm, should I block in my host or another guest that I don't know?! Did you get up early that day? No, you slept in past 8am. You can make up assumptions about street cleaning and anything else you want to, it's my house and you had plenty of spaces to park without blocking anyone. Wake up. To say that I violently knocked on your door, or woke you is offensive and the other couple was right there in the hall. You made a stupid mistake, and I needed to tend to an ill family member, so again, thank you for painting such a ridiculous picture of what it's like to stay here.
5. You didn't ask for more towels. I would have given you the spa robes if you brought it up.
6. Do you really care what container I reuse to store coffee in? and the fact that it's behind a sealed glass jar of dog food? somehow that's important and reflects your negative experience? Not once since February has a guest asked about getting the breakfast that I was willing to provide here. I'll take that statement off my listing. Did you ask about getting breakfast? No.
7. In your closet was the fitted sheet for your linen set as I pointed out, it's there as every guest in this room can attest to. I keep the fleece on the mattress because it cuts down on the embroidery texture. The futon should hardly be a surprise to you as it's clearly pictured in this listings' photos.
I'm so glad I wrote you a 5-star review, to the couple that says everything is fine and great and then writes a review like this.