A fully furnished, self contained upper storey barn. Recently refurbished, offering two large en suite bedrooms, light and spacious open plan living/kitchen/dining area with a substantial balcony overlooking Porters wood. Set in the grounds of a family home, with a 4.5 acre garden and off street parking. The garden enjoys River Deben views/footpath leading to the river wall. The town centre/station is a 7minute walk, an ideal base from which to explore the area's attractions and coastline.
The open plan area is spacious, light and fresh. It opens on to a large balcony with sofa/dining. The balcony enjoys sun throughout the day and the sunset. The master bathroom has both a shower and bath. We have a cot/mattress/ baby monitor/high chair if required. If a further single bed is required (in addition to the twin beds as pictured), this can be arranged in the form of a truckle bed. The artwork in the Barn is supplied by a local gallery with scenes from the local area, this can be purchased during your stay if desired. The garden enjoys lots of wildlife, this includes a pair of nesting Barn Owls, deer and badgers. We have our own dogs, rabbits and ducks, all of which are very friendly.
Disponible para huéspedes
The guests can use the full extent of the garden and games room, including the climbing frame, swings and trampoline etc, however strictly under own adult supervision and at own risk. There is access to the woods from the garden, this footpath leads to the River Wall.
Atención a los huéspedes
We live on site in the main house. We are available to help with any questions and advice on the local area, recommendations and babysitting.
Otros aspectos destacables
Porters wood is opposite The Barn and has a selection of mature deciduous trees managed by The Woodland Trust.
There is a DVD player.
- The barn is set in the grounds of a family home with two dogs. Guests need to be comfortable with dogs being around the grounds
- While dogs are welcome, they need to be small and good with other dogs, rabbits and ducks which share the grounds. Dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms, but just the main open plan living space.
- Dogs are not allowed on the sofas
- There is a pool in the grounds, which is not available due to safety reasons
- The site enjoys a pond and stream in addition to the pool, these are not guarded. Guests are responsible for their own safety while in the garden. The pond has an electric fence.
- Guests are to close the gate behind them at all times and to drive carefully down the shingle drive