Set amongst the native coastal bush and only a short walk from Australia's best beach Vivonne Bay, our cottage is the perfect place for you to explore the Island's most popular attractions.
The architecturally designed limestone and wood cottage can sleep up to five people but is also perfect for that peaceful couple getaway :)
Green Gable Cottage is an architecturally designed limestone and wood cottage set amongst beautiful native vegetation, about 200m from Vivonne Bay, one of Australia’s most beautiful beaches. An ideal location to explore Kangaroo Islands most popular south coast attractions.
The cosy cottage, full of charm and character makes an ideal getaway for two people but is also most suitable for families and groups of up to four people.
The cottage has an open plan L-shaped lounge-kitchen-dining area and separate bathroom. There is a queen size bed in the mezzanine and a trio bunk bed in the downstairs bedroom. All bedding and linen are provided. There is a reverse cycle air conditioner for heating and cooling and a small flat screen TV with DVD player (no TV reception). Enjoy the range of games, books, and magazines for evening entertainment. Due to our sole reliance on rainwater, there are no laundry facilities.
The cottage has a private secluded deck with BBQ and an outdoor setting perfect for relaxing and enjoying the surrounding nature with a glass of wine after a day of touring the island.
For fuel, meals and supplies nearby there is the Vivonne Bay General Store and Bottle Shop who is famous for their Whiting burger made from locally caught King George Whiting. Or just 10 minutes away you can have a meal at Rustic Blue Gallery, treat yourself to a massage at their day spa, and pick up a unique gift or souvenir. For a unique Australian culinary experience visit Andermel’s Marron Café and try gourmet dishes with fresh Marron straight from the farm and bush tucker sauces, and wash it down with a glass or two of their Two Wheeler Creek Wines. They also have an educational Marron viewing and while you're there don’t forget to take home some fresh Marron to cook up and a bottle of wine.
There are many activities and wildlife opportunities to enjoy. Vivonne Bays pristine sandy beach and crystal clear torques water is ideal for fishing, surfing or beach walking and has the Harriet River close by for kayaking and river fishing.
For the more adventures, you can hire a Kayak and explore the beautiful Harriet River, go on a quad bike or mountain bike adventure, or battle it out with the kids at paintball. Just 10 minutes down the road you can even go sand-boarding at the beautiful Little Sahara. There is even a fun public golf course so bring your clubs.
If that is all too much for you, you can walk and explore the beautiful long beach or just sit back and take in the expansive views as you watch the sunset light up the cliffs along the coast.
There are also plenty of wildlife opportunities to be seen on the property and Vivonne Bay area which is bordered by the Vivonne Bay Conservation Park and The Seal Bay Conservation Park. It is quite common for Brushtail Possums and Tammar Wallabies to visit the property around dusk. Other animals commonly seen in the area are Western Grey Kangaroo, Koalas, Echidnas, and Rosenberg Goanna along with a number of bird species. Along the coast, Sea Eagles, Osprey, Little Hooded Plovers, Dolphins, and Seals can be seen from the beach. For true nature lovers, Autumn to spring is the best time, when the rain starts to fall and the island starts to green up and the animal population’s boom and you get to see a lot of migratory birds and Whales that you just don’t get to see in the summer months.
Just down the road some of the must-see wildlife attractions on Kangaroo Island are Seal Bay, where you can do a guided tour through the largest breeding colony of Australian Sealion and learn all about these amazing creatures. Also, the Raptor Domain is a fantastic experience, especially for families with young kids. They have three fascinating and hands-on presentation, The Venom Pit, Birds of Prey In-Flight and Fang-Tastic.
A selection of tour outlines, including times, costs, places to eat etc, is available at the cottage.
Disponible para huéspedes
You will be able to access all of Green Gable Cottage and includes parking
Atención a los huéspedes
We are available by phone or email to help out with any questions or problems you may have.
Otros aspectos destacables
All properties at Vivonne Bay rely on rain water. Please use water sparingly during your stay. Consequently no laundry facilities available, we can let you know of other options after booking your stay.
The cottage has steep stairs to the loft, not suitable for the infirm. Stair barriers are available for young children. Please ask when booking.
The home phone can be used for incoming calls and local calls only. Only Telstra mobile reception is available in this area.
Terms and Conditions
To maintain a good standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions.
“Booking” means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property.
“Property” means Green Gable Cottage Lot 65 Sunset Way Vivonne Bay and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment.
“Management” means the owners and managers of the Property.
"Guests" means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking.
"Visitor" means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking.
2. ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY.
• Payment of the Deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. CHECK IN/ OUT
• Check-in time is not before 2.00pm on the arrival date and check out time is not later than 10.00am on departure date.
• Any variation to Check in / out times is subject to prior arrangement and availability and extra charges may apply.
• Key collection/return procedure will be advised after final payment has been made.
• Visitors are the responsibility of the Guest and any damage, loss or expense incurred by Management as a result of Visitors actions will be billed to the Guest.
• Parties and functions require prior approval at the time of Booking and special conditions will apply including extra charges, guests remain responsible for persons attending, no disturbance of neighbours, no undue noise, silence when entering and leaving the premises, no behaviour likely to cause damage to property or offence or embarrassment to others, all noise to cease by 12pm.
• Breach of this condition may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund and extra charges for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc.
5. LINEN AND TOWELS
• We supply linen, pillows, blankets and towels which must be left where supplied in the bedrooms or bathroom on departure. Further linen may be hired through Management. Beach towels are not included.
• Cleaning and linen change usually occurs weekly or more often upon request and at additional cost.
• Pets are strictly not allowed at the Property. The surrounding bush is abounding with native wildlife many of which visit the property.
7. YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
You must comply with all applicable House Rules and all instructions from Management and the caretakers of the Property concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours.
• You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property and any part of it during your stay. You must notify us of this immediately. Management may recover from you repair or replacement cost (at Management's discretion)
• Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property overnight. If any other guests stay extra charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund.
• Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security and other expenses.
• Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, all rubbish put in the appropriate council rubbish bins provided, and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
• Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, washing machine, dishwasher, emptying the fridge, removal of cigarette smell and excessive rubbish etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the normal cleaning cost which will be deducted from the security bond or billed to the Guest.
• All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived
• The property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked.
• You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of the accommodation keys. All keys must be returned to Management or as otherwise directed.
• Smoking is not permitted inside the building
8. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
• In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform Management at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible.
• You must allow repair/service access to the property during reasonable hours.
• Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to Management prior to departure from the Property.
• Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance since Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents, and theft that may occur whilst staying at our property.
Note: variances can be agreed on but only by arrangement with the owner in writing.