Welcome to "Le Charme de la Rivière" !
Our French holiday home is available for you and your family to enjoy.
Perfectly positioned overlooking the Dordogne river, the home is fully equipped with everything you might need to enjoy a relaxing holiday.
Centrally located in the and only 20 minutes from delights of St Emilion and 45 minutes from the cities of Bordeaux & Bergerac.
"Le Charme de la Rivière"
Perfect family vacation retreat with a prime waterfront location on the Dordogne River, fully equipped with everything you might need to enjoy a relaxing stress free holiday. This quiet and private home is only 20 minutes from St Emilion the medieval village with exceptional wines ( UNESCO World heritage site), and 45 minutes from the cities of Bordeaux & Bergerac.
Ideally located at the edge of a charming village, the long tree lined driveway will guide you to the home, enjoying along the lovely gardens, well-kept lawns, mature trees and a fruit orchard along the way.
This charming 18th century classic French Maison has been recently rejuvenated whilst still keeping its old worldly charm. The wonderful original tiled main entrance takes you directly to a large eat in fully equipped kitchen (seating for 6) it also leads you to the large light-filled open plan area which is perfect for entertaining and family fun, including formal dining table (seating for 10), lounge area, library, Satellite TV and a grand fireplace.
Once leaving this grand open plan living area through either of the two sets of French doors you will find the sun drenched newly restored terrace and riverside heated pool with lights to use in the long summer evenings.
Upstairs has 4 spacious and airy bedrooms, all with charming feature wood beams and lovely window vistas, master bedroom includes a balcony with views facing the pool and river. All rooms accessible, as well as their 2 bathrooms, from a central landing and a light filled hallway with two skylights. Portable cot and high chair available for use.
From the terrace and poolside there is access to the change-room /bathroom with a separate toilet. Incorporated into the house, you will find a huge enormous barn style rumpus room which provides a great indoor games area with table tennis, darts, basketball and storage area for a selection of sports equipment: footballs, badminton, and croquet; even a high tech electronic exercise bike - all available for our guests to use at their leisure. You will also find a selection of bikes which are for you to pedal off and explore the wonderful surrounding villages and stunning countryside.
Plenty of well-kept lawns that are ideal for playing , badminton or a friendly game of football. All children of all ages will love the playground area , exploring the hidden secret gardens or picking fruits from the orchard. This beautiful classic home and grounds with it’s east facing orientation to the river offers daily panorama river views of wonderful sunrises and sunsets as well as tranquility, privacy and security.
Ideal private location but still only a short walk to village centre with shop and restaurant , as well as the historical port area. There are many pleasant spots to walk and cycle along. Popular activities include: Canoeing, cyclying brocantes, wine tasting, exploring chateau’s, loval markets & summer night markets, plus much more. It is truly an ideal base for families and friends looking to explore this beautiful region.
What we love about this home:
* Enjoying “al fresco” dining of the large poolside terrace in the sun or under the shade of our mature trees
* Breath taking views of the Dordogne river with its beauty and serenity
* Waking up watching amazing sunrises on the river from the master bedroom
* Watch the stunning and abundant wildlife on , in and above the river from your private poolside terrace
* Stepped entry to the heated salt water pool & easy use electronic security cover
* Dining in any of the amazing local restaurants in the area
* Cooking homemade French meals from French Recipe books in the large country kitchen
* Playing a game of badminton or football on the well-kept green lawns
* Picking and eating fruit from the fruit orchard (when in season)
* Hiring a local canoe and having a picnic & day of fun on the river
* Enjoying evening drinks on the terrace watching the sun setting on the river
* Centrally positioned allowing for countless easy day adventures
Disponible para huéspedes
Guest have access to the house, pool and surrounding gardens.
Atención a los huéspedes
We will contactable throughout your stay by telephone and email and have a caretaker nearby who will be able to help in case you need it during your stay. We provide lots of information on recommend activities to do, places to visit during your stay.
This is our family home, we ask that you treat it with care and respect.
- Sorry No pets allowed. - No noisy parties or events allowed, we ask you consider the neighbours by keeping reasonable noise levels, especially late at night, - Please do not smoke inside the property ( including the barn area), - Permission is required for any extra guests, - Report anything damage or broken or not in working order so that we can fix it ASAP, - Leave the house clean, tidy & undamaged.