Welcome to our quiet, relaxed home in the beautiful Perth Hills. Just 15 mins from the airport, 25 mins from the city and 5 mins from the John Forrest National Park. Please note that you will need a car (or be prepared to take the bus from Midland & then walk) to stay with us. Explore the city, Swan Valley wineries, go bush-walking, or take in famous The Pinnacles further up the coast. (There are 2 rooms available next to each other - see other listing).
This room is one of two available on the top floor of my lovely large house tucked away in the Perth Hills. With air-con/heater and fabulous mattress with healthy magnets for the perfect night’s sleep. We are a very easygoing home, with plenty of outside garden space to relax in, as well as use of most of the top floor.
Disponible para huéspedes
Upstairs is for you to use almost exclusively; including the bathroom, TV/DVD lounge, laptop area and tea/coffee tray. It will be quiet during the day, as I am out and about a lot of the time.
You are also welcome to prepare food in the kitchen and breakfast will be served in the dinning room downstairs. Please leave it as you found it.
Downstairs we also have our own lounge area and bedrooms, these are not for guests use. Although in winter you are welcome to warm yourselves by the log fire near the entrance hall!
In the garden you are welcome to play table-tennis, sun-bath and swim in the pool. (This had a deep diving end, so is only for competent swimmers).
Atención a los huéspedes
I love meeting new people from all around the world, and look forward to helping with any trip planning; as I’ve been in this area over 40 years and know all the best places to visit.
During the daytime I run a full-time business from home, so may be out or working from my office.
My partner Sophie is often in the city, but will be your main point of contact, and will look after you to the best of her abilities.
Otros aspectos destacables
This is a creative house, with a working artists studio, original art on the walls upstairs (please be careful) and a newly establishing garden. We love to talk about art, architecture, design, gardening, nature and of course food and wine!
We happily welcome and can cater for all vegans, ‘free-from’, GF, or raw and living foodies. Sprouts are growing in the kitchen, kimchee, komucha and vegan cheese are fermenting around the place, and raw crackers are often dehydrating too.
Although beware as I myself also cook lots of meat on the BBQ...
We also have the ‘madam' of the house our long-haired female cat, who is likely to hide from guests, but may also sleep on your bed if you leave your door open.
- We are a healthy house, so if you would like to smoke please do so outside only and use the ash-trays provided.
- We’d also appreciate any noise to be kept to a minimum after 10pm and before 7am.
- A simple healthy breakfast is provided, as well as tea/coffee. If you require any other meals, are Vegan, GF, or Raw please let me know before-hand.
- If you need any laundry done, please leave in the basket provided and it will be washed for you. I ask a nominal $2 per wash donation.
- If you have finished with the air-con or heater, please turn to all off before going out.
- Please be respectful and clear up after yourselves in the normal way.
- Other then that I look forward to welcoming you to this tranquil location and helping you have the best possible stay.