Your private studio/suite is ready and waiting to be a tranquil haven away from an action-packed experience in Austin. Your suite includes a bedroom, bathroom, and Sitting/TV/Garden room with private patio entrance and parking . The newly remodeled suite boasts upscale furnishings and is decorated with a unique collection of original Texas and Latin American art.
Your host will be delighted to help you make wonderful memories of her weird and wonderful city and all that it has to offer.
Lovely, private suite with everything you need for a relaxing and enjoyable stay. High end furnishings and unique art from local and regional Texas artists and some Latin American art. Artist signed hand bills from The famous Armadillo World Headquarters help capture the essence of Austin and how the 'weirdness' all began. Special amenities like remote controlled lights and fans, electronics docking station, Tempurpedic bed, blackout draperies, dual shower heads with amazing water pressure, local and organic bathing and showering products, and a state of the art, Japanese-style bidet toilet. (No worries: you can still use it 'old school style', with paper) Enjoy the hygienic, environmentally conscious, and simply delightful pleasure of variable water sprays and temperatures and variable temperature blow dry - no paperwork required! Sitting/garden/TV room will be stocked, in advance, with specially selected and local tastes of Austin/Texas such as wine and local beverages and other treats to enhance your private time while in your suite. Keurig coffee maker with a variety of flavor pods for coffee, tea, and chocolate beverages. Breakfast baked goods and fresh fruit en suite with yogurt and assorted juices. Private patio area is only a few steps outside your doorway with a patio table and chairs. Feel free to wander over to the adjacent deck to pinch off some fresh mint for your Mojito or iced tea. Private parking on a shady driveway, for your convenience.
Disponible para huéspedes
Your private suite will be comprised of a bedroom, bathroom, hallway, sitting/garden/tv room, and patio area. The suite connects to the main house with a sliding, reeded glass, barn door that will be latched during your stay. If you need to contact the host when the door is latched, please call via mobile number or walk outside and across the patio to the host's deck entrance doors (approximately 20 feet from your patio door) and knock. Host will greet you when you arrive and bid you farewell when you depart.
Atención a los huéspedes
Host will gladly be available to offer suggestions and guidance to help you with your plans or address any concerns you may have. The level of interaction is up to you.
Otros aspectos destacables
Host occasionally has Home Concerts to showcase local and up-and-coming musical artists. The events occur on the deck adjacent to the patio and the total number of guests is 24 or less. Refreshments and adult beverages, plus iced tea, will be served and there is no cover or charge. You will be informed, prior to booking, if a concert is planned and you will also be invited to join, if you wish. Typically, a Tip Jar will be present to give to the performers. Most people offer $10/$20 per person for a 90 minute concert. It is not required that you tip but the purpose of the concerts is to generate revenue for the artists as well as general exposure to their work. Let your conscience and listening enjoyment be your guide.
- Guests must be at least 21 years of age, no exceptions. Your suite will be stocked with samplings of local foods and beverages, including alcoholic beverages so you may begin your "Austin Experience" as soon as you arrive.
- Smoking is allowed outside on patio, nothing with an open flame allowed inside the suite.
- Neighborhood noise curfew is 10 pm so please keep noise levels appropriate when enjoying the patio area after 10 pm.
- One dog in residence that does not enter the guest suite area. You are welcome to visit with him when he is outside but, unfortunately, you may not bring in pets of any kind. Food to feed the squirrels will be made available if you wish: they are quite friendly and entertaining (and fat.)
- Guests will enter and exit via their own, private entrance to the suite. You will select your own 4 digit code for entering and leaving or will be provided a key. Owner works from home so will generally be available for questions or concerns.
- Location is in a quiet neighborhood but bus stop is about a 2 minute walk away. If you are driving, downtown is less than 15 minutes away as is access to ACL Fest. Location is ideal for relatively quick and easy access to Festivals, Music Venues, and great restaurants. Drive from the airport is approximately 18 minutes. Perfect location for those who want to experience all Austin has to offer with relative ease and convenience but wants to kick back and relax to digest their day away from the fray.
Suite is licensed and permitted by the City of Austin and The State of Texas.
A native Texan, Karen was born in Houston but got to Austin as quickly as she could, making it her home for more than 40 years. She is a Clinical Research professional and works from home when she is not traveling for work or fun. She keeps her fingers on the pulse of Austin's dining, music, and arts scenes and is happy to guide and advise you on how to experience the best that her vibrant city has to offer. She offers a contemporary suite in her home for your private use with interior and garden art that celebrates her beloved state and City as well as gathered art and inspiration from her travels. As an avid 'foodie" host, your suite will be prepared with a selection of adult beverages and local foods and condiments to enjoy throughout your stay. Upon confirmation of your reservations, Karen will inquire into your food and beverage tastes and/or restrictions and prepare a selection just for you.
Karen shares her home with two friendly and geriatric dogs. They will not have access to your suite area but you may certainly visit with them when they are outside or as you pass through the main house to enter or leave. Or not, as you prefer.
The garden and outdoors spaces are maintained organically and have been, for many years. All food, cleaning supplies, and toiletries are locally sourced and/or organic to the extent possible. Karen wishes to tread as lightly on the planet as possible while still enjoying the abundant joys that Life and Nature have to offer. She invites you to come come enjoy some of Austin's "Weird" and Wonderful offerings!