Close to art and culture, restaurants, family-friendly activities, wineries, historic Victorian town of Jacksonville, hiking, Oregon Shakespeare Festival, & river rafting. You’ll love the peaceful setting, bucolic farm sanctuary, gorgeous views, comfortable memory foam beds, private deck, scenic outdoor rain-head shower w/ hot water, that it feels a million miles away while being only 15 minutes from the airport & 5-25 minutes from everything in the valley.
The hillside hosts a tiny hamlet of 3 glamping platform tents that share an outdoor bathhouse with hot running water and plenty of privacy. All the tents boast ultra-comfortable memory foam beds and private decks. There is the option of two extra-long twin beds or one king-sized bed in each tent. All bedding, towels, etc. are provided. Look for more photos soon!
While tents are available from March-October (and stay dry and cozy, even though they don't have heating), please be advised that the bathroom is outdoors and may be chilly or wet during some seasons. That said, if you are adventurous, fall and spring are gorgeous times to visit the Rogue Valley and we are just as likely to have a beautiful sunny day as a rainy one.
Our hillside is home to a native oak savanna with trees that are hundreds of years old. We are in the midst of a restoration project to remove the non-native grasses and shrubs and replant with native ones that will conclude in 2018. It is a simple, camping-like setting with beautiful views.
Disponible para huéspedes
You will have full access to your tent, deck and bathhouse as well as to a space to park in the driveway at the bottom of the hill. Guests may also walk around and explore the upper 5 acres of hillside. Guests may get to interact with our friendly farm sanctuary animals (sheep, goats, alpacas and chickens) if we (owners) are around to shepherd the experience.
Your own tent/room is private as well as your entrance and deck.
The bathhouse may be shared if there are guests in the other tent. It is an outdoor bathhouse that includes private stalls for a rainhead shower, two private toilet stalls that use clean, smell-free composting toilets. There is also a sink in the front of the bathhouse. There is both hot and cold running water in the sink and shower. We recommend flip-flops or waterproof sandals for walking between your tent and the bathhouse.
Atención a los huéspedes
One or both of us will be in town and likely around during your stay, if you need help or have questions.
Otros aspectos destacables
The trail up to the tents is the equivalent to about 4 flights of stairs and guests will need to be able to carry their luggage.
- Guests must check in by 7 PM, so we can orient them and they can move about safely. If you cannot arrive by then, I'm afraid this isn't the right fit for this trip and we hope to see you next time.
- While our sanctuary animals are friendly, guests may not enter the pasture or animal areas without owner supervision, for everyone's safety.
- No smoking, campfires, candles or open flames of any kind, please. The gorgeous setting and sunset will provide enough atmosphere without the risk of fire :).
- The glamping tent hamlet is up a hillside that is equivalent to about 4 flights of stairs. Guests should be able to walk and carry their luggage up and down the hillside. This is not wheelchair accessible.
- While we will happily allow children in future, we are finalizing some safety features to make our decks ready for them, so stay tuned!
- This is a retreat/quiet getaway space. Because you can hear through canvas walls, we ask guests to keep noise to a respectfully low level. Conversation is fine as is quiet music or entertainment. Loud music is not. We allow retreat groups and family groups, but not loud parties.
- There is no electricity in the glamping hamlet. There is a charging station for phones, etc. down the hill in the house and headlamps plus a lantern are provided for light.
- Our whole sanctuary is based on respect for the lives of all animals, human and non-human. Due to this, we ask guests not to bring animal products such as meat, dairy or eggs onto the property. Each tent has a list of recommended nearby restaurants that provide a variety of food options. In addition, we are happy to provide suggestions for delicious plant-based camping foods.
Este anfitrión tiene 8 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
I used to travel far and wide as a singer/songwriter, so I tend to be a self-contained traveler who enjoys local flavor in most of its forms. Now that we have our own farm sanctuary, I also love staying at home and hosting others.