Come stay in our cute gingerbread house in Austin's historic Hyde Park neighborhood! We're 1.5 mi from UT, 3 mi from downtown, and a short walk from lots of neighborhood eats and drinks. You'll have a private bedroom and bathroom upstairs stocked with pretty much anything you could need.
You'll be staying in one of the guest bedrooms upstairs with your own private bathroom. Our master bedroom is downstairs and we're down here for the most part, so you'll have the upstairs largely to yourself. There's a queen bed with fluffy bedding, extra towels, a stocked bathroom, and your own closet with lots of hangers.
Disponible para huéspedes
Guests share all the common areas with us-- the living room, dining area, kitchen, back patio. We do cook at home a lot though (and love to share when it's tasty)!So if you want to cook just shoot me a text so we can coordinate the kitchen. There's a Nespresso machine, which you're more than welcome to, but also Quacks Bakery and Dolce Vita a short and scenic walk away, which are hard to resist!
Atención a los huéspedes
We work during the day, but I work from home with our 5 month old, so there will likely be one of us around the house. We're more than happy to share any tips on things to do or eat in Austin!
Otros aspectos destacables
- we have a 5 month old baby, but he's not a big crier, sleeps through the night, and is mostly cloistered away in our bedroom. You won't be able to hear him from your bedroom/bathroom upstairs
- private fenced in back yard with a great grill and patio area
- washing machine/dryer available, but it's accessed from our bedroom so no late night laundry and give me a heads up
- 1 bike and lock that you can borrow
- we have a small, friendly dog who often serves as a doorbell and a fluffy, very sociable cat. Neither ventures upstairs though. If you have a well behaved small-ish animal, message me and we might be able to work something out
- as mentioned above, Nespresso machine that you're welcome to for coffee, lattes, cappuccinos, and espresso
- my husband is Chinese and loves to cook and play guitar, so you'll probably be exposed to lots of nice smells and sounds ;)
- Smoking and vaping outside only
- We try to keep things relatively quiet after 10:30pm
- Clean up your dishes (or throw them in the dishwasher) after use
- No parties
Durante el período del 05 de Octubre de 2017 - 16 de Octubre de 2017 la estancia mínima es de 7 noches.
Usually travelling with my husband, who is from China. We love good food and good company and are always hoping to be able to share both with new hosts and guests that we meet. We're very laid back and friendly!