Our gorgeous old farmhouse (1825) has a private heated pool (May - September) and is located in a quiet hamlet. It is close to lots of family-friendly activities, the airport, and the beaches of the Vendee. With its charming interiors and wonderful outdoor space it is ideal for families or a group of friends looking to kick back and enjoy some well earned peace and quiet! As lovely in the winter (moody skies, a woodburner, cosy rugs) as it is in the summer it really is the perfect retreat.
As we have renovated the house over the last seven years we have kept the best of the original features whilst updating the space for a modern lifestyle. It's a cool, calm, airy interior with an interesting mix of modern and vintage pieces. As an interior designer I have spent many hours trawling the local Brocantes, antiques markets and vide-grenier looking for interesting and beautiful pieces. Hopefully you will enjoy the unique look and feel of the house; it has been my passion for the last seven years and if you too love interiors I am happy to point you in the direction of a few hidden gems to discover in the area. We have 5 lovely bedrooms. Bedroom 1 has a king-sized bed plus cot, bedroom 2 has four singles beds, bedroom 3 is a king-sized with an additional single bed, bedroom 4 is a double with a small single and bedroom 5 has a super-king bed with an additional large single bed in the corner of the room. Downstairs there is a shower room with loo and sink and upstairs there is a separate loo and sink. The main (large) bathroom, which has two sinks, a bath and a walk in shower is ensuite to bedroom 5. The kitchen area is the heart of our house and is large, comfortable and well equipped, including a range cooker and a woodburner. We have a huge table which seats 12 adults (but you could squeeze in a few more if they are little ones) and additional tables and seating if you need it. The hallway has a desk (if you want to work!) and the sitting room is full of comfy sofas and chairs as well as a lovely woodburing stove. There is also a spacious terrace and a BBQ.
Disponible para huéspedes
In addition to the comforts of the house, we have a wonderful pool (which is heated during the summer season, May - September), including a shady seating area (nick-named the "coco cabana"!). We also have table tennis in the barn and badminton. There are football nets, as well as cricket equipment and other out door games. Under the trees in the orchard is a huge trampoline and you are welcome to use our family's bikes if you would like too (just let us know!). There are loads and loads of DVD's, a selection of board games, a games console (PS3) and a wii (on request). We have wifi throughout (including the pool area) and there are also tons of books for both adults and kids.
Atención a los huéspedes
We are happy to talk to you at anytime and we are always available via the Airbnb app, although we are physically based in the UK. If you have any problems whilst you are staying with us please call or message us in the first instance so that we can let our lovely housekeeper, Linda know and she can come and help you to sort any issues out.
Otros aspectos destacables
One set of towels is provided and all bed linen. A bread van visits the house (from the local boulangerie in St Martin Lars) four times a week. She beeps her horn (rather loudly!) at around 11.30am and you can go and get bread from her and order croissant in advance. She also carries eggs if you want them. she will stop outside the gates to our house if you flag her down.
- Pool Rules. Children MUST be supervised by the pool, as it is not gated. We have a security cover that should be closed and clipped in when there is no adult present. We really would hate for an accident to happen at the house and this is the area where a child is most likely to get into trouble. Please do watch your children around the pool.
- There is an agreement that any damages/losses of items results in guests being charged to fix or replace them. Please do let us know of any breakages straight away.
- No smoking in the house
- The house is not on the main drain and as such (like many French homes) we have a septic tank in the garden. That means you can only put loo paper down the toilet; so no sanitary products or baby wipes etc as this will upset it's natural balance and cause it to smell rather badly!
- We want you to relax, unwind and enjoy the house but we'd kindly ask you to treat the house with respect, it is our much loved family home so whilst we don't want you to spend your time cleaning we would ask you to try to leave the house as tidy as when you arrived. Please refer to our "check out" list.
- We have (lovely!) neighbours who we don't want to upset so please be mindful of lots of late night noise e.g. no music outside by the pool after 22.30H.
Other than that have a wonderful stay and we hope you love the Vintage Curator House as much as we do!