Unit 7, 87 Commissioner is a bright and quiet appartment, conveniently located on the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) and the Gautrain (15-20 minutes to Braamfontein, Newtown, Fordsburg, Melville, Killarney, Rosebank). The place is ideal for tourists exploring Johannesburg and Gauteng as well as business travellers. The building is an old FNB building and has a 24 hour concierge and security service (CCTV).
90 sqm apartment has an open plan living/dining room/kitchen space, which is well-stocked and simply decorated. The kitchen has a large fridge, microwave, stove/oven, dishwasher and basic groceries. The main bedroom has a queen size bed and the second bedroom has a double bed with nice pillows (important!) and good bedding for winter and summer. The bathroom has a shower and bathtub with some basic toiletries available (towels included). Parking for a single vehicle is provided in the building.
Disponible para huéspedes
Guest can use all facilities. There is currently no full wifi, but complimentary access for free of 1hr/day. TV and DVD player is available with access to SABC and e-tv (currently no DSTV).
Atención a los huéspedes
While I do not live on the premises, there will be someone to assist most of the time either in face-to-face interaction or via mobile/email.
Otros aspectos destacables
There is currently no full wifi (complimentary free wifi: 1hr/day).
A cleaning levy of R350 will be charged for all stays.
Parking is provided in the building.
The building is quiet and all visitors will be asked to respect this.
Unfortunately pets are not allowed on the premises.
We hope you will enjoy your stay with us, and our home will be yours during the stay. The flat is minimally but comfortably furnished. If there’s anything we haven’t attended to, or any queries you have, please do feel free to email me (Sharlene or Fouad, the owners) or our Airbnb assistant Dylne.
Please feel free to use the groceries, detergents, and toiletries available. All facilities are available for your use including a dishwasher, stove/oven, fridge and washing machine.
The concierge can be found on the first floor and they can be contacted on: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Please identify yourself as guests for Unit 7, 87 Commissioner Street. On arrival you will be met by Dylne and will be given keys for the flat (please let us know what time you expect to arrive so that we can ensure that Dylne is available to meet you and if you will use the parking so we can give you a remote).
Please note that check-out time is 11.00 but can be extended to 12.00 upon request.
The building is safe with 24 hours security but please do keep the apartment door locked, as well as the gate on the 4th floor (your set of keys will contain keys for both). Please do be careful with the keys (lost keys will be charged at R200 and lost remotes at R450).
- Please feel free to use any groceries you find in the space.
- A maximum of 4 guests (2 per bedroom are allowed in the flat). The main bedroom has a queen size bed and the second bedroom has a double bed (guests are not permitted to have extra guests sleeping on the couch and should this be found to occur, guests will be asked to leave).
- Parking is available for a single car in the secure basement parking.
- No smoking is permitted inside the flat – please smoke in the corridor.
- Please do not put any cooking oils, fat or food down the drain. Rather put oil/fat into a plastic container or glass jar and place in the kitchen bin upright.
- Bin bags can be placed in the bins located in the garage.
- Feel free to use the dishwasher – the cleaning tabs are under the sink. All you have to do is rinse food off dishes and place in dishwasher, add washing tab and start economic 5 programme.
- The washing machine, drying rack and iron are located in the studio next to the kitchen. Washing powder (just a small scoop) can be found under the studio sink.
- There is more toilet paper, soaps, detergents, etc., located either in the cupboard under the kitchen or studio sink. Shampoo, shower gel, bath foam, toothpaste can be found in the bathroom or bedroom cupboard.
- A vacuum cleaner is available, if you need to use the wet setting for spills, please remove the filter from inside the vacuum cleaner first.
- Unfortunately no pets are allowed in the building (body corporate rules).
- Quiet hours in the building are after 10.00pm on a weekday and after 11pm on weekends. Guests are expected to please adhere to these rules for the sake of tenants who live in the building.
- The unit has a pay-as-you-go wifi service (you need to log onto Accerlit and pay for the service).
- Johannesburg tap water is safe to drink. South Africa has undergone the worst drought in living memory and there are times when the flat is without water for a day or two – this is decided by the Joburg municipality and there is nothing we can do. Bottles of water are made available during this time for drinking/cooking (found in the kitchen cupboard) and for the toilet by Dylne. If the water goes off, please be so kind as to switch off the geyser until it is back on.
- Please close all windows when you leave the flat at all times and if it rains. While we have not had any incidents with security in our building, please ensure that the flat is locked at all times.
- Should the unit be without electricity, a gas cylinder is available with a stove top to use. In winter, the gas cylinder can be used for heating.
- Please do not touch the artwork in the apartment or take away books.
I am a South African visual artist who rents out my flat in Johannesburg.