The Nantahala Spiritual Retreat (NSR) sits on 22 acres in the heart of the Nantahala National Forest In the wilderness of Western North Carolina
Experience the option of being UNPLUGGED in a modified FARADAY CAGE! Relax and rejuvenate in a quiet, peaceful environment with fresh, clean air and vitalized, deep well water. Enjoy a fireside evening, watching the stars at the firepit.
Easy access year round. Located near many mountain attractions.
Nantahala Spiritual Retreat (NSR) has been created by Steve Dean and Bobbie Ammons (Kriya Yogis) to offer a unique meditational experience in the mountain wilderness of the Nantahala National Forest.
NSR is located near the back of Old Happy Top Cove, on Apple Tree Creek, at 3,300 ft elevation. The area is also known as Lost Silver Mine, where legends of Cherokee wagons full of silver were hid, and have never been found to this day.
There is a mountaintop view on the property, as well as three creeks.
Disponible para huéspedes
The Nantahala Spiritual Retreat (NSR) has easy road access all year long. Swain Lane is paved up to the property. The driveway is well-packed gravel for a short distance. The two story barn, as well as the Hemlock House are not accessible to guests. The owners, Steve Dean and Bobbie Ammons may be in residence at the Hemlock House, but you will most likely never know they are there.
Atención a los huéspedes
Steve, and/or, Bobbie sometimes reside on the property in the larger Hemlock House. Guests can schedule meditation instruction, or attend spiritual classes on health and well-being when available, or by special request. Nantahala Spiritual Retreat provides a non-denominational environment, where Christian values are honored and embraced.
Otros aspectos destacables
You may occasionally see the neighbors driving down the road. They are very pleasant and do not bother anyone.
Please do not leave food outside or in your car, as there are wild animals who may be attracted to it. Please do not feed the goldfish or frogs in the fish ponds.
- Light alcohol use is OK.
- No recreational drug use please.
- Half of the house is an aluminum box (formally a shipping container). This makes it similar to a Faraday Cage - a great shield from electromagnetic frequencies (EMFs). Some people find it easier to focus and meditate in this kind of environment.
- Do not feed the wild animals.
- Landline phone is provided.
- Wireless internet is provided. Internet speed is slow, so videos are best watched in low resolution.
- We have quite a few CDs and DVDs at NSR for your enjoyment and inspiration.
- Wireless phone service is very weak and spotty (although there are some nearby places where it is fair, but not great).
- A quiet and peaceful atmosphere should be maintained at all times.
- A cell phone and/or GPS is recommended when hiking. Please do not hike on trails alone.
- Wear appropriate protective clothing when spending time outside (long sleeves, boots, etc).
Steve Dean and Bobbie Ammons are the Hosts of the Nantahala Spiritual Retreat. We have created a place of Peace and relaxation that is ideal for meditation, reflection and renewal.
Steve Dean has been a Kriya Yoga Practitioner since 1977. He has studied many modalities of meditation and spiritual practice. He currently offers lectures and workshops on Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, Meditation, Prayanama, and Kriya Yoga.
Bobbie Ammons, BSN, MA, RN, HTP is a Holistic Nurse, with over 40 years experience as an RN. She is a Master Gardner, growing native herbal tea blends on the Retreat. She also teaches Meditation, Holistic Natural Health and Hygiene and Introduction to Ayurveda.