The "Wild Iris" is nestled in an oak & maple grove of our 40 acre forest that has 2 meadows and a trout stream. This Glamping experience is "Rustic Luxury".
The luxury is, a cozy, quiet escape from the freeway of life. The Rustic is...All other camping duties are outdoors.
The Wild Iris is an updated version of the gypsy wagons of Europe, known as Vardos.
Its 8' x 16'. There is a 10'x13' screened outdoor room for lounging & cooking. The small deck on the front is great for morning coffee. A small fire pit with chairs is close by in the field.
FYI- This is not a park or a KOA campground. This is the forest.
Disponible para huéspedes
***Gypsy Camp Access*** The camp is located across a field from the main driveway. You can usually drive to the camp but depending on the weather conditions and the type of vehicle you have, we can shuttle our guests and bags to the camp using the ATV.
Keys for the Wild Iris will be given to the guest who made the AIRBNB reservation. Please check your AIRBNB profile, the picture should be a fair likeness of you.
**Check In Time: 3:00 -6:00pm. We try to be flexible and accommodate our guests travel plans. Evening arrivals (after 6:00pm) requires pre-planning, as we live 2+ hrs away. Please keep us informed of your travel itinerary, texting works great.
You have access to the full 40 acres including forest and stream. We will meet you to give you keys and a short orientation to the Wild Iris Gypsy wagon, outdoor room. We do have small trail signs up in the woods to help get you back. Firewood is provided for the fire pit. ***You may encounter other guests when you are out hiking, please respect our other guests privacy and space, unless you're invited. The forest is always changing, so some trails may be hard to find, overgrown or blocked by downed trees.
STREAM AWARENESS: Depending on the season, the stream can run fast and should be crossed with caution. Use common sense. The stream flows year round and there are a couple of deeper spots (2ft-4ft) but the majority of the stream bed is 4"-8"deep. If snow covered /iced over, proceed with caution. If its raining- 41 Creek is considered a Flash flood stream. Use caution!
WINTER GUESTS: If you live in the North we assume you understand that snow storms can affect your travel plans. If there is weather coming in, plan accordingly. The driveway is level /gravel/snow in winter. We sand and salt when necessary. Be cautious when exiting the driveway because of limited visibility.
Atención a los huéspedes
.You might see or hear us… but then again, you might not. We respect your privacy and solitude. Ask any questions, we'll do our best to answer them.
Otros aspectos destacables
What to Bring or do:
1. Headlamps work best if you want to read books and walk around at night. The Wild Iris is operated by 12v Solar lights and are considered mood lighting.
2. Food Cooler- Bring a bungee strap to secure the lid and a heavier strap to secure the cooler from being carried away. During the evening you can always bring the cooler inside where it will be safe.
3.DO NOT THROW FOOD OR LEFTOVERS IN THE WOODS! This includes banana peels, orange peels etc. Use the trash can that is provided (Always put the bungee back on the trash can).
4. We supply battery operated candles (they look fine and are easy to use) No incense or open flame candles are allowed.
5. The kitchenette is supplied with 2 gallons of well water from the cabin. (Safe- tested 1-3-16). If you are not use to the flavors of country living we suggest you bring you own water.
6. Please be aware the toilet facilities are considered RUSTIC. If you want hot water you have to boil it. No shower is provided, except if you go take a walk in the rain.
7. Use common sense around the fire. No tin foil, cans, glass or cigarette butts can be thrown in the fire. Leave the Wild Iris just as you found it. Pack it in, Pack it out. All fires must be completely extinguished before leaving or turning in for the night.
1. Solar Panels Off Grid Conservation- All lighting is powered by 12V Batteries charged by solar panels. So be mindful how much energy you are using as there is a limit to the storage capacity. If the sun is shining every day the panels will recharge the batteries.
2. Toilet' We use the same concept as the Tiny house composting toilet. Using saw dust to cover after each usage. ( Not as bad as it sounds).
Toilet facilities should be considered "rustic". Seven foot tall Outdoor privacy tent with a bucket&seat. Commune with nature... :)
3. Cooking is limited to the fire pit (fire wood supplied) or propane camp stove-(supplied). We recommend you use paper plates (not supplied) to limit dish washing.
4. No smoking in the Gypsy wagon or Outdoor room, near doors and windows. No incense or candles in the Wagon.
5. No smoking in the Woods- EVER!
6. No hunting wildlife.
7. If fire warden has a "BAN" on camp fires or any burning- Follow the DNR recommendations. There 2 buckets/ 10 Gallons of Emergency Water (spring,summer, fall) for fire pit safety.
8. Fireworks ARE NOT ALLOWED!
9. There are no railings on the deck,be mindful of your physical limitations.
10. We reserve the right to visit the property for any reason or no reason at anytime.
- LIABILITY STATEMENT: You agree that your use of airbnb.com to book a stay at the "Wild Iris" Gypsy Wagon and property located at 1923 Woodale Rd Edgewater WI 54817 means you agree to the following Terms & Conditions and Release of Liability. Furthermore, you, your family or any other guests' presence on the aforementioned property is acknowledgement that you have read, understand and agree to the following: 1. You acknowledge that we have warned you that the Property is predominantly in a natural state, that it has not been specifically landscaped, groomed, planned, designed or maintained for the purposes for which you intend to use it, that your use of the Property will expose you, your family, employees, agents and invitees to risks of physical injury or death, that we have not developed or constructed systems for providing more specific warnings, or safeguards, against such risks, and that we will not be supervising your use of the Property. Accordingly, you agree that (a) your use of the Property will be on an AS IS basis, (b) neither we nor any of our employees, members, contractors or agents will have any responsibility to you whatsoever for any loss, liability, personal injury, death or damage arising out of or relating to your use of the Property, and (c) that you will indemnify, defend and hold us, our employees, members, contractors and agents harmless from and against any and all claims by or liability to you, your family, employees, agents or invitees, or any third party arising out of or relating to your use of the Property. 2. You will not participate in any illegal activity as defined by any local, state or federal bodies, including The State of Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. 3. You will be responsible to us for any damage to the Property that you or your family, employees, agents, or invitees cause, whether solely or in conjunction with others. 4. If applicable, as a parent or legal guardian, you also agree to these terms on behalf of any minor children who will be joining you.
- Pets are not allowed