El Pelícano, a tropical-rustic houseboat, full of history, is docked at a pier with a privileged bay view. Enjoy the tropical sea breeze experience at the Puerto Real Fishing Village. This place is great for retiring in peace for a few days, and very close to town and natural attractions of Cabo Rojo. Scuba diving, snorkeling services, and water taxi are available at the pier. Feel at home the way the Hernández Family does during their vacations since 1984. Enjoy the REAL COASTAL lifestyle.
The house includes 2 private bedrooms with lock and closet and a loft bedroom on the second floor; each room with a double bed. The house has a fully functional kitchen with dining table, which can be moved to the balcony for a nicer view. Everything on the kitchen from dinnerware, electric appliances, and spices can be used. The house includes a private bathroom with toilet, sink and shower. Two balconies are available, one in the first floor and another one in the second floor (part of the loft room). The first floor balcony has a mesh-like fence for kids and babies safety. The second floor balcony is not apt for unattended babies or little kids. The house also includes a work station with view to the front porch and the pier.
Disponible para huéspedes
The guests can use everything on the house, except any locked cabinets or drawers. The property keys will be provided on site when you check in.
Atención a los huéspedes
We will be available by phone and if necessary visit the house in case the guest party needs anything. We have several friends at the pier that provide water taxi, scuba and snorkeling services (separate fees). In case of emergency if we are not able to get in time to the house we will send the pier administrator if strictly necessary.
Otros aspectos destacables
1. The safety brochure and houseboat rules will be available at the house, but if the guest party needs them before hand, we will gladly email them to the responsible person in charge of the guest party.
2. Additional guests can be up to two more persons. If additional guests are staying, the Pelícano Houseboat Team needs to know before hand to include an air mattress (additional one time $15 fee for the air mattress + $15/night/additional person).
1. Discharges of any liquids other than water, beverages, dishwashing soap (provided by the Houseboat Owner), and personal hygiene products (except hair dyes/tints chemicals, acetone or any other beauty products) are not permitted.
2. Littering the water surrounding the houseboat or the waters of Puerto Rico is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
3. Additional people to the maximum number of guests cannot stay overnight, unless previously agreed with the owner.
4. Boat attached to the house is only for observation or star gazing purposes, but not for navigation.
5. Children MUST NOT BE LEFT UNATTENDED at any time.
6. Children that do not swim must wear life saver while on the exterior of the houseboat.
7. NO SMOKING
8. If there is an imminent storm or hurricane coming during your reservation and the health and safety of the guests might be compromised, the reservation will be cancelled and the money will be returned 100%.
9. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
10. Only use appliances for their intended use.
11. Any garbage must be stowed in the proper garbage receptacle, located at the parking area. The Houseboat Owner will collect recyclables after checkout.
12. Housekeeping is not available. However the house will be cleaned before guest arrival, and will be again cleaned after guest's checkout.
We are a Christian couple, parents to a baby girl and love exploring God's Masterpiece: NATURE. We are very fond of protecting the environment and connecting with it. We enjoy meeting people from different cultures and creating connections. We would love to share our vacation home with you, so you can have the REAL EXPERIENCE, meet the REAL PEOPLE, and taste the REAL PUERTO RICAN COASTAL CUISINE.
We live by the Golden Rule: "Do to others as you would like them do to you."