Modern comfort, cozy, great lodge décor, lovely mountain ambiance with a high standard of clean. Quiet, steps to National Forest with the best sled hill! Views off the decks make for great outdoor relaxing. Tennis/basketball/skateboard park an easy stroll. 15 Minute drive to skiing, dining & the Village yet away from it all creates the perfect mountain escape! If booked we have the Cub next door: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/10471190 (3Br/Spa) Tesla/Car Charge 7% County Tax collected separately
You cannot ask for a quieter space with a true mountain feel. Both our cabins are steps to National Forest and therefore, you rarely see a car on the road. Modern comforts (WiFi, Flat Screen TV's, new construction, tasteful/new furniture, beautiful artwork, etc). Great room perfect for gathering up the entire gang, enjoying the fire place, watching movies, playing games and cooking up fantastic meals in a first class kitchen, all in the ambiance of a mountain cabin. And...you can assume our cabin will always be immaculately clean.
If this cabin is booked please visit our cabin located right next-door, Sugar Bear Lodge (3Br/2Ba/Spa). If your party grows rent both and bring the entire gang! Cut & Paste: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/10471190
What guest love about Sugar Cub:
* FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN: The kitchen is stocked with every amenity and can be used to serve up wonderful meals. Large preparation counter with bar stools connects the kitchen to the great room and creates a fun gathering place and the ideal cooking space. Skylight provides beautiful natural lighting, windows look out onto trees surrounding you with the beauty of the mountains. Enjoy!
* DINING ROOM: The formal dining area contains a beautiful table that expands to seat eight for those special meals with friends and family. We keep our place settings in top shape, we want you to be proud of your table!
* GREAT ROOM: The spacious great room has a large, comfortable leather sofa and two incredible Lazy Boy recliners. High Definition LCD TV (Cable & DVR), DVD & iHome. Wireless high speed internet. Gorgeous rock fireplace with log mantle completes the warm, comfortable ambiance.
* COVERED FRONT PORCH: There is a large, redwood covered front porch, perfect for reading, enjoying a glass of wine, or just kicking back to enjoy the peace and quiet of the forest. There’s nothing like sitting on the covered front porch during a rain storm and enjoying the sounds of nature while staying warm and cozy! The red headed woodpeckers are our favorite birds to watch! They look like a penguin with hat : )
* BACK PORCH: The back deck offers the perfect place to barbecue, watch the stars, eat breakfast, sit and read a book or enjoy your favorite beverage. You will be amazed by the quiet of the forest and the wind whispering through the trees. Stairs lead down from the back porch so you can take a walk and watch birds and squirrels playing.
* BEDROOM 1 / GUEST BEDROOM: The guest bedroom is equipped with a queen bed (down pillow top & comforter), night stands, a beautiful pine bunk bed and cabin style decorations. A dresser is located in the large mirrored closet. There is also a TV with cable and games for the kids.
* GUEST BATHROOM: The guest bathroom is well appointed with a bathtub/shower combination, glass doors, pine cabinets and beautiful artwork.
* BEDROOM 2 / MASTER BEDROOM: The master bedroom is equipped with a queen bed (down pillow top & comforter), large dresser, night stands, reclining chair, artwork and large mirrored closet. The master bath is en suite and has a bathtub/shower combination with glass doors, pine cabinets and artwork.
* LAUNDRY AREA: A washer and dryer are provided for your convenience.
* GARAGE: The one car garage is attached and accessible from the covered front porch. This is a HUGE convenience when it snows or rains. Ample driveway space is also available to park for an additional vehicle or boat.
Disponible para huéspedes
House Access: Lock Box with Code
Tesla/Car Charging: We have a stand alone Tesla Wall Charger conveniently located between both cabins and available for use by both cabins, the Bear and the Cub. Although it will be rare to have guest at both cabins needing to charge we also have a Tesla plug in the garage at the Bear, therefore there are options. We love driving the Tesla in the mountains and always have plenty of time to recharge and drive as we please. Any questions, never hesitate, we want you to feel secure that you can charge your car.
Electric Cars (Other than Tesla): Some have an adapter that will work with the Tesla plug. You will need to investigate this option for your car, but we would love to offer you a charging option if it fits! : )
Atención a los huéspedes
I am always available via a text, call or email, never hesitate contacting me for any questions.
Once your reservation is confirmed, I will email you our FAQ and very easy steps to complete the process which includes a rental contract and reservation form. Once your paperwork is complete I will email you our Welcome Package which includes directions, lock box code and more handy info to make your stay effortless!
We do not live on the mountain but we have staff members who are available should they be needed during your stay.
~ Most of you would never require this much detail…however, no guess work : )
~ We appreciate your courtesy treating our cabin as your own, please leave everything as you found it, in the same condition & location.
~ We do not accept pets. Our children are highly allergic and we do not make exceptions.
~ We have a strict no shoes policy in the cabin. Please do not wear your shoes in the cabin. The driveway asphalt tracks terribly in addition the ground up our way is crushed “RED” rock. Combine these two with rain and snow, yikes! We make it easy, there are convenient chairs at the front door and shoe racks.
~ We ask that you rinse thoroughly all dishes/pots/pans/ETC prior to departure. All dishes washed and put away where you found them. Please also wipe down any messes, spills, ETC on the counters, floors, ovens, microwave, ETC. The cleaning fee is for a full cleaning of bedding/towels, bathrooms, kitchen, but you are responsible for the dishes and the messy stuff. For example, if you drop grease or splatter something please wipe up.
~ Big Bear does not provide trash pick-up for rentals, they prohibit rental properties from leaving trash cans outside. It is the law. All trash must be taken with you at your departure. There are public dumpsters, information provided upon booking. The reason for the law...renters put trash out well before trash day, animals get there first and it ends up in the street.
~ Guests must be 25+ to book
~ Signed Rental Contract required (all via email, it’s easy!)
~ Max occupancy is 7, extra infant will be considered
~ Max number of cars 2
~ At departure follow CHECK OUT PROCEDURES detailed in our Welcome Package and posted in the cabin to assure cabin is locked up and secure for freezing temperatures/security, etc.
~ Rest assured we will make every effort to see that you have a wonderful time!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Thanks for Choosing Sugar Cub! ~~~~~~~~~~~~
Este anfitrión tiene 19 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
It is our goal to keep Sugar Bear and Sugar Cub two great mountain retreats…walk in, fall in love and enjoy! You can always assume our cabins are immaculate and in tiptop shape. Come to take in the views of the oaks and pines, listen to the birds and the beautiful sound of the strong mountain wind. Hiking, boating, skiing or hunkering down in the cabin for good meals, beautiful views, movies, game time, spa time. We love it all and we welcome you to experience all Big Bear has to offer. Sugar Bear and Sugar Cub Lodge await you with open paws!