You’ll love my place because of 360 DEGREE MOUNTAIN TOP VIEWS on 215+ACRES in pastoral Roxbury, NY. At the summit of the property is a cleared space for camping. Perfect setting for your dream Catskill retreat. This is an outdoor lovers paradise with trails for hiking, hunting, snow-shoeing. Abundant wildlife, totally private, a nature lover's oasis. Property includes a small off the grid cabin with a pond.
Cabin is great for a few people to put down air mattresses. You may also bring your tent to sleep under the stars on the top of the mountain!
Disponible para huéspedes
All 215 acres!
Atención a los huéspedes
Yes, by cell phone, text, email.
Otros aspectos destacables
This is basicly a camping retreat.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DIMMICK MOUNTAIN CABIN AND CAMP
1) PLAYING WITH FIRE---use candles and the wood stove as needed. Be careful to not use near flammables and to extinguish when done. DO NOT leave candles burning whenever you are away from cabin.
2) BODILY NEEDS-----you are in the great outdoors, so feel free to use the woods. However, a camp toilet is available and see instructions on the toilet liner (and chemicals) for proper use and disposal.
3) TRASH/GARBAGE----THERE IS A GARBAGE CAN OUTSIDE OF THE GARAGE DOOR PLEASE USE FOR WASTES AND GARBAGE AND BE SURE TO USE BUNGEE STRAP TO PROPERLY SEAL AND NOT ATTRACT “VARMINTS”.
4) LOCKS AND KEYS-------the cabin key works in both the door handle lock and the bolt lock. In the bodily needs area between cabin and garage you will note locks and keys. Please leave unlocked.
5) GARAGE-----the garage can be opened from the inside by moving latch to open position and lifting the roll up door. Garage can be used for more indoor space and grilling in inclement weather----of course with door open.
6) POND-------pond can be used for recreation. It’s depth gradually increases to about 8-10 feet at center. Any use of the pond is at your own peril as there is no lifeguard nor any lifesaving equipment at the pond. No unaccompanied (by an adult) children are allowed to use and never use alone or without an observer. No diving allowed and exercise all caution with respect to swimming.
7) PROPERTY AND PRIVACY----unless otherwise notified by the owner, you have the exclusive use of the 200 acres on the Dimmick Mountain campsite. There are old logging trails, beautiful stone walls (from the farming days and prior to the regrowth of a hardwood forest) and a road to the top of the mountain for heavenly views and stargazing. You can hike or drive to the top of the mountain with great caution. It is a great place to picnic and check out the almost 360-degree view. So, explore as you wish and respect other properties should you see posting signs.
8) COMING AND GOING----please drive slowly and carefully on the private road and camp road.
9) CARE OF THE CABIN AND PROPERTY----please leave the campsite in the same condition as you find upon your arrival. Move furniture back to original location, etc. and leave the property trash free. When departing, leave the cabin key on the table and just be sure that garage is properly closed, toilet emptied, and deck and front doors locked vial the handle locks.
10) QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS---------Christine and Don can be reached at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) and (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). We also should have exchanged emails and we can be reached via e mails as needed.