*Guests with allergies: we have 3 cats*
Our house is just over 4 miles north of the Nashville city center and a brief 15 minute drive to pretty much anywhere you'd want to go. It's very close to the hip and trendy East Nashville neighborhood filled with delicious restaurants. We are a 7 minute drive from Fontanel. We have a cozy suburban house with an extra bedroom (equipped with a very comfy full size futon) and private full bathroom just for our guests. We'd love to have you stay with us!
We have a ~1600 square foot, mid-century, renovated split level home in a quiet area of Nashville called Parkwood, directly north of the city center. We are very close to the lively neighborhood of East Nashville with tons of dining and entertainment attractions that will give you a true "Nashville experience." We're also close to downtown, the swank eateries and attractions to the west of the city, Hillsboro village, the Titan's stadium, and Fontanel. We have a guest bedroom that is exclusively used for our guests with a very comfortable full size futon, a rocking chair, an extra chair, its own closet with hangers, two windows. Our guests also have exclusive use of our full (including shower and tub) downstairs bathroom (we have a separate bathroom upstairs, so you won't have to share with anyone). Even though we live here too guests will have their own keyless entry code to come and go as they please, anytime day or night. Our bedrooms are upstairs, so you won't have to worry about creeping around to be quiet... you can come in and out as you wish, stress free!
Be aware that our home is not "walkable," and that all attractions are within driving, not walking, distance. We price our guest room accordingly to give you a good value since some type of wheels will be needed to get to the good stuff (see more detail on transportation specifics below). :) That being said, we are extremely close to everything. Our location is a brief, 15 minute drive (or Uber/Lyft ride) to all the Nashville attractions.
Feel free to message me with any questions. I love helping travelers find the right fit, whether you wind up staying with us or not.
Disponible para huéspedes
You will be able to access the entire downstairs of the house including the kitchen, dining area, living room, and back patio. We frequently use the living room when we're home, but feel free to relax in our living room and watch TV (we have netflix instant but no traditional television stations) when we're not using it.
Atención a los huéspedes
We will help you with anything we can and love to interact with guests. We are also introverts by nature and happy to give you your space to "do your own thing." :) During your stay, we consider your room and bathroom "off limits" to give you privacy and space.
Otros aspectos destacables
We abide by local laws in this area and have a short term rental permit for our property. We pay sales tax (at a rate of 9.25% and we are registered to pay sales tax through the Tennessee Dept. of Revenue), as well as hotel tax (6%), and a $2.50 per night occupancy fee for each night that our guest room is rented out. We include all fees in the price that you see listed on airbnb so that there are no surprise charges for our guests. We hope that this makes it easier for you to plan and budget.
- We have three cats, and they do make keeping a perfectly clean house more difficult. We keep the downstairs as clean as possible. If you'd like the cats not to enter your bedroom or bathroom, feel free to shut the doors to both rooms.
-For our cats' safety, we ask that guests be very diligent about shutting the garage door firmly behind them when going out to the back patio. They are indoor cats only, and the garage would be dangerous for them.
- In general, our main rule is to respect our home. You don't have to clean your room before you leave or make your bed or anything like that (we'll just un-make it to wash the linens and blankets anyway!), but we do ask guests to promptly wipe up any major spills or messes and not to leave trash strewn across the room for us to pick up after check-out.
- The living room is in use by us a good bit of the time and includes Frankie's office space.
- We're one of "those families" that let our cats get up on countertops and the kitchen table. Feel free to use the kitchen anytime and gently push any cat off of the table or countertop, if needed, though be sure to treat our cats with the same respect that you'd treat any human in the household. They are like family to us!
- Though there is no TV in your room, we have a Wifi connection that does well with streaming. We have a (older) laptop you can use to access movies on Netflix instant or watch any of our DVD's (we have a diverse collection). You will have full access to our Wifi network while you are here, and we require that guests agree not to download/upload illegally or engage in any other illegal activities while on our network.
- Our household (besides the cats!) is composed of Frankie (who works full time and attends school), Eddie (who works part time with a variable schedule), and Jack (our 11 year old, who attends school and is sometimes gone on the weekends). Though Frankie is usually in bed by 10:00 pm, our bedrooms are located upstairs while your room is downstairs, so you won't have to worry at all about creeping around or being super quiet. Be aware, though, that Frankie is an earlier riser. On weekdays, she's up by 5:15 and usually before 8:00 am on the weekend. She strives to be as quiet as possible, but know that pure silence is impossible. We have placed ear plugs, eye masks (we also have the kind of blinds that let a lot of light into the room in the morning), and a noise machine in the guest room to help ensure that your sleep is not disturbed. :)
- Along the lines of the rule above, if you are coming in after 10:00 pm, please keep the noise level down. We mention in our description that our bedrooms are upstairs which means that you don't need to feel any pressure to creep around or cringe at every noise - we are sheltered from all the basic sounds involved with moving about and getting ready for bed. We will get woken up, though, by slamming doors, loud talking and laughing, or playing loud music, so just practice basic consideration of other people asleep in the house, and it's all good. :)
- We offer complimentary coffee in the mornings (a choice between a drip coffee maker and a Keurig one cup), but we don't serve food.
- When using the kitchen, please clean up after yourself. :) Be aware, also, that on weeknights, we are usually preparing a family dinner somewhere between 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm, so it might be a bit crowded. (though we have a nice spacious kitchen with room for everyone)
- No drugs allowed on the premises. If you are a smoker, we have a back patio (it's not very fancy, though there are some camping chairs out there, and it's a lovely place to sit) but no smoking in the house, please!
I'm a Nashville native. I work in the mental health field and am pursuing my PhD right now, too. I love cats (my greatest joy!), coffee, double stuff oreos, autumn, and I'm a television addict (netflix binge watching is my version of crack/cocaine). When I travel, the small comforts are important to me, and we are new to Airbnb but want to make our home as comfortable as possible for our guests. :)