Self-contained guest suite within a larger home. For parties of 2 - set up of second bed MUST BE REQUESTED AT TIME OF BOOKING. Within a mile of AMTRAK’s Kingston Station, URI Kingston Campus, the South County (O’Neil) Bike Path, & hiking in the Great Swamp.
Close to SK beaches (Matunuck), dining, & shopping. Newport, Narragansett, Westerly, Charlestown, Jamestown, Block Island Ferry - ALL within 15 miles!
AMTRAK Trains connect to Providence & T.F. Green Airport, Boston, NYC, Philly, & DC
Master bedroom suite within a larger home. This listing includes a comfortable main room with a queen size bed, dresser, and desk & seating. The second available bed is a twin-size, deluxe REI folding cot. Set up & use of the cot is automatically included in the room rate for parties of 3 adults. For parties including only 2 adults, set up of second bed MUST BE REQUESTED AT TIME OF BOOKING, and a single $20 linen fee will be added for use of the second bed. The bedroom has hardwood floors with area rugs, and 2 windows, facing north & east. En suite bathroom and walk-in closet, with more sunny windows, add to the space. Bathroom newly renovated. Plenty of off-street parking.
Disponible para huéspedes
Common areas include, spacious living & dining rooms, an enclosed porch, outdoor deck, and large yard. Kitchen access is available, including use of dishes. The kitchen and bathrooms were newly renovated in 2016. There is high speed internet (WI-FI) in the house. Laundry facilities on-site.
Atención a los huéspedes
We are generally available in person early in the morning, and by phone during the day. Our evening schedule is varied, and we do utilize common spaces for entertaining at our discretion. We are glad to provide information on local events, restaurants, and other points of interest.
Otros aspectos destacables
There are currently several rooms listed individually on this property. The property is also listed separately as an entire house.
The 10 Basic, Common Sense rules to prevent confusion:
1.The term Guest shall apply to all members of the party accompanying the primary guest on any confirmed reservation. The primary guest shall be responsible for the actions of all members of their party. Guest shall maintain the premises in a good condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. They shall leave the premises in the condition it was in at move in (with the exception of general cleaning). Locks shall not be changed, altered, or replaced, nor shall new locks be added. Guest shall act in a manner so as to avoid damage to the well and septic system. They will pay for maintenance, replacement, repairs, and expenses beyond normal cleaning, should the premises be left in a lesser condition. They agree that the Owner shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if damage occurs to the premises or its furnishings.
2. Guests are cautioned not to leave trash outside for extended periods, because it attracts animals. Large trash barrels are behind the shed in the yard. Curbside trash pick-up is normally scheduled on Friday morning. 3.No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises.
4.Guests shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. Quiet hours are between 10 PM and 7 am. During this time, indoor & outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum. Only registered guests are allowed in the house, at all times.
5. No smoking, or burning candles, are permitted.
6. We are located adjacent to a large State Wildlife Management Area, where hunting is allowed. During hunting season, it is required that users of the area wear orange. We have vests for our guests to use. Hunting is not permitted on, or adjacent to, our property.
7. Only legally owned and permitted firearms shall be allowed on the premises according to State and local laws. All firearms must be kept locked at all times on the property.
8. Only legally registered vehicles may be brought onto the property, and there is no vehicle maintenance or washing permitted on the property. The use of ATV’s, and other off road vehicles, is prohibited in the Management Area, and on the property.
9. No Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall be stored and/or used on or around the property.
10. Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Owner against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. They expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Owner may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Guests.
We have lived in our Rhode Island home for over 20 years, and travel as often as possible to our second home, near Saint Marcellin, France. We enjoy exploring the outdoors, taking long un-programmed car trips on back roads, experiencing great live music & performances, supporting local artists & food producers, spending an afternoon on the beach with a good book, tending our gardens, and building community with our family & friends.
You can check out all of our listings by clicking on the photos below (look at the left column of the page)