Departamento o casa entera
My place is at 1600 mts in a village approximately 2 hrs drive from Jim Corbett National Park.. You’ll love my place because of the coziness, no neighbors, the only house in the hill, sunsets, food, warmth and affection of the host. My place is good for couples, solo adventurers, families (with kids), big groups, and furry friends (pets).
Mr. Devi Dutt's Residence is a beautifully restored simple house on a hilltop with a tempting trail leading to a forest. The setup resembles one from a Ruskin Bond novel, if you ask us, and the aesthetic beauty of the place has tempted many to fall in love with it, the place is ideal for bird watching too.
The house belongs to a charming old man of 81 years who had been an avon cook to Class 1 officers of Government of India and takes equal pleasure in cooking for his visitors. He is lovingly called 'Baadaji' ( meaning Big Brother in Garhwali) though his name is Mr.Devidutt. He fails all prejudices against old Indian men, is full of character and shall leave you awestruck!
The house had been made over from an old ruin to a restored rural architecture now.The property welcomes frequent visitors and is regularly maintained by the members of our staff there. The location has breathtaking views of the Garhwal hills and landscapes and is a perfect getaway for a peaceful, happy holiday.
Disponible para huéspedes
The whole house is at guests disposal. There are two big bedrooms which can accommodate 8-9 adults comfortable, should there be a need to accommodate more guests, 'Nyutyer' our lounge come dining hall can be used as a makeshift bedroom to sleep 3 more adults comfortably. There are 2 toilets (English and Indian style) and 1 bathroom.
Atención a los huéspedes
There is a beautiful trek of about 1 hour to the hilltop where you can get panoramic view of the valley and great Himalayas on clear days. Start your day early morning and you can enjoy the Sunrise and while you sip your tea/coffee on the spot. Later in the evening the hosts would be more than happy to take you for a village walk and share the details of there life in the Himalayas, please not that the village people are usually shy in nature and take time to open up. There is a centuries old Manila temple approximately 1 hr drive from the house, it is a must visit spot in the region.
Otros aspectos destacables
Since Chanch is at a very remote area the closest market is 16 kms away from the house so please let the homeowner know of any special demands or wishes well in advance. We suggest guests to take there special medicines along with them as it could be very difficult to arrange them. Please crosscheck in advance of any special meal request and its chances of availability. The homeowner knows to cook only Indian food, however would love to let you use his kitchen incase you want to try a different menu( do not forget to carry your special menu ingredients with you :) )
Every guest is requested to comply with the following Regulations to maintain the dignity of the accommodation premises and to ensure that all guests have a safe and comfortable stay. If a guest does not comply with the House Regulations, the Host may refuse further use by the guest
of the guest’s room and other facilities. The Host will not be liable to any guest for any damage caused by his/her failure to comply with the House Regulations.
1. Kindly do not smoke in bed or in any other place where smoking represents a fire hazard.
2. Kindly refrain from any act likely to cause a fire, and from using heating apparatus, cooking appliances in guest rooms.
3. Please do not bring any of the following onto the premises of the host :
(a) gunpowder, oil, or any other explosive or inflammable substances;
(b) objects emitting a foul odor;
(c) objects of an unusually large size or in unusually large quantities;
(d) firearms, sword, drugs or other articles, the possession of which is prohibited by the law of Govt. Of India. Such findings will be reported to the legal authorities immediately.
(e) objects that are recognized to jeopardize other people’s safety.
5. Gambling or other acts which are contrary to good morals or which cause an annoyance are strictly prohibited.
6. Making loud noises, singing loudly, or noisy activities which cause annoyance to the sanctity of the premises are strictly prohibited.
7. Use of drugs (including sleeping pills) which cause an annoyance to other guests or the host are strictly prohibited.
8. Consumption of alcohol is allowed only to those individuals who fall under the legal age group set by the respective State Government.
9. The host shall refuse to accommodate people behaving unpleasantly towards the management or who carry a communicable disease which causes health threat to others..
10. Please make sure that your door is locked when leaving your room.
11. Please refrain from inviting outside visitors to your guest room.
12. Please refrain from using your room for purposes other than accommodation.
13. Rule regarding equipment and fixtures on the premises are as follows;
(a) Refrain from using equipment and fixtures for purpose other than those intended.
(b) Please do not remove equipment or fixtures from the accommodation.
(c) Removal or alteration of equipment is or fixtures prohibited.
14. You will be charged for any damage, breakage and loss to the host’s property caused by you or your guests.
15. The distribution or display of advertisements and the sale of goods on the premises of the host are prohibited.
16. During your stay, please leave money and valuables to the host in safe deposit boxes .
The host shall not be liable for the loss or theft of money or valuables not deposited with them.
17. When the guest wishes to change the number of days of accommodation required, you should contact the host beforehand. In the case of extensions, the host shall ask the guest to pay the bill covering the date of extension.
18. Please pay your bills whenever requested by the host while staying.
All bills due upon demand.
19. The host shall not pay on behalf of a guest for such expenses as shopping bills, tickets, taxi fare or mail.
20. Minors are prohibited to stay at the house without their guardian’s consent.
21. Guests are reminded that unauthorized publication for commercial purpose of photographs taken on premises may be subject to legal action.
22. Pets accompanying the guest must be friendly to humans and other animals.
23. No loud music after 22:00 hrs.
Cancela hasta 7 días antes de tu viaje y obtén un reembolso del 50 %. Cancela en los 7 días previos a tu viaje y no se te reembolsará la reservación.
Sin evaluaciones (por ahora)
Este alojamiento no tiene evaluaciones. Si te alojas en él, la tuya aparecerá aquí.
Interestingly, the dimensions to travel and accommodation industry are changing. Naive Roads of India gives an extravagant set of opportunities to discover the widened ambit of unconventional travel tours and stay, experience the bliss of connecting with native people of different places, and establish a nexus between the contrasting strata of society.
Naive Roads of India because every night before you sleep, you might be a content person to have seen and done what most others usually miss.