Located less than 3 miles from the north entrance to the AF Academy, this home is perfect for family events. At the gateway of the Front Range, Pikes Peak, Denver, Rocky Mountain National Park, and outdoor adventure, this house is ideal for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, families, and big groups. Besides the location, the house is filled with amenities which make your stay as comfortable as your own home.
*The house has accommodations for 12 people (beds, sofa bed, cots). However, the number of people staying at the house is not limited to 12. This number is a summary of the number of guests that can stay "comfortably" based on the sleeping amenities.
*Roku: The TV in the fireplace room does not have satellite or cable; however, it does have a Roku available for streaming.
*Welcome Baskets: Welcome baskets are provided which include items that you may have forgotten or items that you can use immediately upon your arrival.
*Towels: Extra towels are in the linen closet on the second floor and in the bathroom in the basement under the vanity.
*Linen: Extra linen is located in each bedroom, the linen closet, and the basement.
*Extra Cots: Two cots are available for use with additional linen and blankets. One is in second floor office; one is in the basement hallway storage closet.
*Trash bags, hand soap, dish soap, and dish washer detergent are located under the kitchen sink.
*For your use, cleaning products are located under the vanity in each bathroom.
*The following additional items are available for your use: Small Step Ladder, Iron, Ironing Board, Folding Chairs (x4), Folding Table and two outdoor chairs.
*Travel Books: Several Colorado travel books are in the basement that are available for your use. Please feel free to remove them from the house for day trips; however, please ensure you return them prior to your departure or check-out.
*Office: An office space is located on the second floor with printer capabilities and basic office supplies.
*DVDs and Games: DVDs and games are available for your use in the basement in a small storage area underneath the tiled counter.
*Propane Gas Grill: A Grill is available on the back porch for your use.
Disponible para huéspedes
Guests have access to the entire house except for three areas, which are locked: basement storage room; garage; and closet in the front guest room on the second floor.
Atención a los huéspedes
I am not physically located in Colorado Springs right now. However, I have several items in the house and highlighted in the listing description that can provide great information for your stay. I can easily be reached on my cell phone. I also have several neighbors and points of contact which can also assist, depending on the situation.
Otros aspectos destacables
Here is some local information and personal recommendations for restaurants, grocery stores, and liquor stores. Menus for the restaurants are located in the Guest Book located in the house.
*King Soopers (1.7 miles)
•Address: 1070 W Baptist Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80921
Safeway (5.4 miles)
•Address: 624 W Highway 105, Monument, CO 80132
Circle K, Shell (1.7 miles)
•Address: 1190 W Baptist Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80921
Loaf ‘N Jug (2.4 miles)
•Address: 13854 Gleneagle Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80921
Loaf ‘N Jug (5 miles)
•Address: 161 North Gate Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80921
*Coaltrain Wine & Liquor (17.7 mile)
•330 W Uintah St, Colorado Springs, CO 80921
Eagle Wine and Spirits (1.7 miles)
•1060 W Baptist Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80921
Restaurant and Brewery Recommendations
Best Thai Food!!
•Thai Mint (11 miles) *Menu Provided
•Address: 1725 Briargate Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80920
•Phone Number: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Pub Style: Back East Bar & Grill (5.2 miles) *Menu Provided
•Address: 1455 Cipriani Loop, Monument, CO 80132
Brewery: Pikes Peak Brewing Company (5 miles)
•Address: 1756 Lake Woodmoor Dr, Monument, CO 80132
Chinese/Thai: Jasmine Garden (5.2 miles) *Menu Provided
•Address: 1425 Cipriani Loop, Monument, CO 80132
- Guests are required to sign a "Vacation Lease" (rental agreement) prior to the date of check-in, which essentially summarizes the House Rules. Please send me a message if you have questions.
- Condition of Property Checklist: I will ensure that any maintenance requirements are completed prior to date of check-in. However, If you do identify any damage or maintenance requirements upon arrival, a "Condition of Property Checklist" is located in the Guest Information Binder at the property. If required, please send me this checklist no later than the day of check-in; a simple photo from a phone will be perfect!
- Additional Cleaning Fee: The $75 cleaning fee applies to most bookings; however, the cleaning fee increases to $125 for with any bookings greater than 7 days or with 6 or more guests. Currently, the Airbnb website only enables a fixed cleaning fee. Therefore, if required, I will send a request for the additional $50 through the resolution center. Very simple process. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. :-)
- Off Limit Areas: There are three off-limit areas in the house, which are currently locked: basement storage room; garage; and closet in the front guest room on the second floor.
- Parking: Do not park on the grass. There are several sprinkler heads around the edge of the lawn, which can be easily damaged. Also, living in a residential area, parking is limited. There is space for about five cars by the house (driveway and along road). There is a large parking lot about a quarter mile away opposite the fire station. Please carpool from this location for large events.
- Fire Place: DO NOT leave an unattended fire or hot coals in the fire place. Please utilize the safety grate provided.