Protected by Point Washington State Forest, we are located in a quiet, tranquil, and friendly residential community, and just 5 miles north of historic Grayton Beach, the Gulf of Mexico, and 30A! Come and enjoy our many wonderful festivals, please your palette with local, fresh, and delicious cuisines, explore our unique shops, and celebrate our spectacular sunsets!! And when the day is through, enjoy a glass of wine by the fire, and watch the stars come out!
Ideal for an individual or a couple seeking a private, peaceful, and quiet place to rest and enjoy all that our area has to offer! Gone With The Fin-Studio Cottage is just shy of 250 square feet, with an inviting queen size bed and day bed for lounging and a sleeping bed! Included in your private cottage are quality Egyptian cotton bedding, bath linens, dinner service for four, kitchen utensils, microwave, toaster convection oven, an induction cooktop (pan included), a refridgerator with freezer and ice trays, air conditioner, heater, stacked washer and dryer, a 45" flat screen HDTV with a sound bar, and DirecTV with satellite wireless WiFi! The backyard is fenced in and has 2 lounge recliners, a fire pit, pub height table and chairs, and lighted decking! A fishing kayak and a townie bike are on property and available for your use, or you can have a local outfitter deliver just about anything you might need to make the most of your stay!!
For convience and to make the most of your time, pick up your food and drink provisions on your way to your cottage! You can even have your food and drink provisions delivered to te Studio Cottage! Visit PUBLIX and WALMART websites to assist you!
Disponible para huéspedes
The studio cottage is accessable via a motion-lighted, wooden fence gate entryway to the right side of the Main House and garage. The back yard and lower deck areas are common areas for Main House and Studio Cottage, and is delightful during the fall, most of the winter and early Spring! The Main House and Jake's Place is by invite only.
Atención a los huéspedes
We want our guests to relax and enjoy their stay, and we offer our guests total respect and disgression for their privacy. We are quite friendly and easy to get along with. Because of our combined experiences in sales, retail, hospitality, music, and entertainment industries, and our familiarity with the area, we can also assist you as a concierge, to help you make the most of your stay with us!
Otros aspectos destacables
Notary Public, Wedding Officiant, and Business Services available on property!
NO SMOKING or open flame candles inside studio cottage, please! A cigarette recepticle is provided, and is located just outside the entrance to the studio cottage.
There is a local noise ordinance after 10PM. No loud music or disturbances, please!
The current hot water tank holds 15 gallons at a time. Please allow 15-20 minutes between showers or laundry use.
The hot tub is currently disabled, and non-functional. We hope to have it up and running by Fall 2017.
Fishing and lobster permits are required in the State of Florida and are available through local Outfitters or covered through a Charter Fishing Service. Beach bonfire permits are required by Walton County.
Hurricane Season offically begins on June 1 and ends on November 30, but tropical storms and depressions can occur throughout the year. Refunds or replacement stays will only be given to our currently staying guests and/or guests scheduled to arrive within 72 hours of a named storm system, and scheduled to directly affect the Northwest Panhandle of Florida during their stay.
The surrounding area is a tourist/resort area, and therefore pricing for many products, such as bug spray and sunscreen, may be more expensive than in your home area. You might want to consider stocking up on necessary items before you arrive.
Turtle Season is May 1 through Oct 31. Please leave no trace on our beaches!
Visit (URL HIDDEN) V(URL HIDDEN) (URL HIDDEN) for further information about our area!
- Do not flush or allow any foreign objects such as cigarette butts, hygiene products including baby or facial wipes, diapers, Q-Tips, dental floss, corrosive or flammable fluids or liquids into the sinks, drains, or toilet.
- Gone With The Fin is surrounded by Point Washington State Forest. Smoking is only permitted outside the cottage. Please do not toss or throw butts over balcony. Please use the provided ash can.
- Guests agree to not interfere with neighbors' right to quiet enjoyment of their premises. There is a 10PM noise ordinance. No loud music or excessive noises after 10PM, please.
- Guests must be 25 years of age or older. No one under 21 years of age, unless accompanied by a parent, guardian, partner or spouse, please.
- Please do not enter Jake's Place without us. (S)He bites. HARD!
_Please try to resist from feeding Hawkins- he is an expert beggar!
- Please keep all gates closed and secured at all times, to prevent Hawkins from adventuring out of the backyard.
- If you have personal watercraft that you wish to bring with you, there are several boat launches in the area, and within minutes access.
- Important Information: Hurricane Season ends November 30 and begins June 1, however, tropical weather, storms and depressions can occur at any time of the year. Refunds will be given when a named storm system is scheduled to arrive within 72 hours, and is aimed to hit the Northwest Florida Panhandle Area. Guests will be provided a refund for the length of stay, or they may bank their trip for a future stay. Guests staying will be offered a refund for the remainder of their stay, or they may bank the remainder days, for a future stay. Future stays can be applied and added onto future bookings.
Brad and I came to the Florida Panhandle on vacation while we were living in Southern Illinois, almost 20 years ago, and fell in love with the area! We originally thought of becoming Snowbirds, but reconsidered, and after a few margaritas, we made the decision: Cows & Corn vs. Sun & Sand…and the winner was…!
Back when US Highway 98 was still a two lane highway, we opened a talent agency in Panama City Beach and worked very hard, but wound up following other interests. Brad got his Florida Real Estate license, currently working for 30A Realty, Inc., and I have worked in several areas including as a vacation rental agent, barrista, candy maker (and manager), Notary Public (2004-2020), and a minister (online).
We have been blessed to travel around the country, the Caribbean, Mexico, and Europe, and we always look forward to our next adventure. My husband enjoys video gaming, is a marksman, and quite handy aroungd the house, while I am a foodie, movie, television, and trivia buff! We love music, especially the Grateful Dead, classic Rock and Roll, Bluegrass, Jazz, and Country.
In August of 2018, Brad and I will be celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary- we met in June of 1988 and married eight weeks later. We do not have any children, and we spoiled our fur and feather babies with love!
We are laid back, and enjoy our privacy, and we love to be helpful to each other and our friends!