Affordable lodging in DePere if U like 2 camp & LUV da Pack! 20min from Lambeau! 4man tent set up for you with sleeping pads (most comfortable with 2) U bring bedding. Inquire about sleep bags for ext chrg.
Shared outdoor privy
Elect 2 charge phone
Showers & dump station 1/2 mi at local campground; NO SHOWERS HERE.
We''ll have fire going, so U can enjoy bonfire, beer, brat, & discuss da game!
NOTE:NO bdrm/beds (no setting to note this)
Can hear Hwy41 traffic
Rooster crows in am!
A countrylike setting with many trees with easy access to Hwy 41. You can hear the birds..., you can also hear traffic on 41:)
Flying in for a game and need tent, camping equipment? No problem.
Tents, tarps, and pads set up for you; you just bring the sleeping bags.
Very close to Hwy41; you will hear the steady hum, a"roar" during Mon am rush hr traffic. Bring earplugs if you need them, but this might not be the place for you if you need quiet quiet to sleep
NOTE: NO bed/bedroom; no setting to note this in system
Outdoor privy in small building with lights and lockable door; 15-30ft from your campsite
Showers and dump station 1/2 mi down the road at local campground
Rooster lives on premises (in pen), so you might hear him in the am!
Kwiktrip 5min away--soup, burger, coffee, beer, etc.
BBQ grill/tripod for over the bonfire
Communal greenhouse open for everyone: microwave, toaster, cooking and eating utensils, plates, mugs, tea, cider, hot choc
ice "blocks" (our version: frozen 2litre bottles, some smaller for your coolers). Have a few coolers for you to use in the yard, too
Professional bonfire starting service:): we'll get that fire going so it's ready when you get "home" after the game!
Disponible para huéspedes
You have complete access to the spacious 2.5 acre yard, BBQ & rec areas, gardens, large fire pit, unlimited firewood, microwave, toaster, picnic table, chairs, cooking utensils, plates, etc.
Separate driveway for all campers
Atención a los huéspedes
We will be happy to assist you in getting a bonfire going, giving directions, etc., giving you ideas where to catch a bite, etc, as long as it is before 10p
Otros aspectos destacables
FYI: NO bedroom or beds (there is no appropriate setting in system to note this), but we do have several cots
We are very near Hwy 41, so you will hear the steady hum of traffic. Also, did I mention there may be a rooster (penned) on the premises?? Bring earplugs if you need'em!
SOME IMPORTANT NOTES SO THAT YOU HAVE A GOOD AND SAFE CAMPING STAY HERE
• BONFIRE: Put out fire before going to bed with water buckets by greenhouse. Keep fire manageable (flames no more than 8in from rim). Watch so that sparks are not hitting trees, buildings, TENTS.
• Practice safe burning when grilling). Do not burn if there are strong winds and sparks are flying far.
• SMOKING/FLAMES/SPARKS: HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO OPEN FLAMES (LIGHTERS, CIGARETTES, ETC) ANYWHERE OTHER THAN BY FIREPIT. ESPECIALLY IN THE GROVE CAMPING AREAS WHERE THERE ARE MANY DRY PINE NEEDLES AND DRY LOWER TREE BRANCHES---SPARKS/FLAMES COULD EASILY START A FIRE. Thank you so so much for your respect on this matter.
• PLEASE THROW BUTTS IN FIREPIT OR IN A CAN. Thank you so so much for your respect on this matter.
• ELECTRICAL THINGS: If it looks like rain or is raining, please be careful with any devices or electrical appliances plugged in your tent. FOR YOUR SAFETY, PREFERABLY UNPLUG ANY ELECTRICAL DEVICE IF IT LOOKS LIKE RAIN. WE WANT YOU TO BE SAFE.
• DOG: Don't feed him anything, no matter how much he gives you that “they never feed me” look. He has allergies to different foods, one of which is beef….
• PARK in designated areas by yellow pails or green parking signs
• Be careful not to hit trees…or any tents or vehicles that may have come/set up while you were out
• Leave lights on and door open in privy so you and others can find it in the dark.
• If questions, text Randy at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or Vicki (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
• Please don’t even think of calling us after the game to pick you up..., but do please, HAVE A GREAT GREAT TIME here like so many others before you have!
DIRECTIONS TO SHOWERS at nearby Apple Creek Campground (campground where showers are located) – about 2miles from here *This info is also in Airbnb Basics House manual; hard copy in greenhouse – pink folder
1. Come out of your driveway (the guest lawn driveway) turning right on Mid Valley Rd.
2. Take first right (west) on Golden Glow Rd (past our house on the corner)
3. Take left on County Line Rd/Cty U (the first stop sign).
• On left about ¾ mi is Apple Creek Campground where showers are located. If you hit Hwy 41, you have gone too far.
• Showers .25 for 3min - Go past main office. Park near concrete wall by pavilion.
Hey! Vicki, Randy, and Captain here!
We are outdoor enthusiasts who love to camp, bike, hike, kayak, cross country ski, garden and watch a little music and football! And spend time with our puggle. When we're not up north, we're here in DePere digging around or sharing our yard and home with travelers. I'm a former technical college Comm instructor and high school teacher--current part-time teacher, tutor, editor, writer, and host now! Randy is a hose and logging expert, landlord and part-time uber. He'd be happy to give you a wood-splitting demo, if you like:)
Like most of you probably, we take on too many projects at one time; we just love to renovate, repurpose, and refurbish! If you stay in one of our newly renovated rooms downstairs, you'll understand what I'm saying:)
What else can we say? We've been hosting camping for several years and now have two rooms downstairs available--and we have thoroughly enjoyed hosting! True, we're grateful for a little additional income, but more than anything, we're grateful that we can provide a way for others to be able to afford to travel, or at least cut lodging costs and spend $ on fun things to DO. (Hey, if you're spending all that money on a good Packer ticket, ya gotta cut somewhere.... :) Seriously though, Airbnb offers not only affordable lodging for many--it also offers a beautiful way for so many of us to connect and learn about each other--and that we have experienced and witnessed here firsthand. Love to see the communal bonfire where folks from all across the states discuss the game...and everything else! And who would have thought there would be so many Packer fans from all parts of Canada??!
Come on over and join us! Enjoy a Packer game, Bay Beach, The Cannery or the Packer Hall of Fame! Sit by the bonfire! Make sure to love up our puggle co-host Captain. Check out the Reforestation Camp that has become a hot spot for fat tire and mountain bike riding! Visit a dairy farm! Go to Appleton's College Avenue, Oktoberfest or Mile of Music and take in the music, or Oshkosh's EAA, DePere's riverwalk, bike the Fox River Trail, or go to beautiful Door County (its beaches, parks, bike trails, adventure parks, and wineries) 40 min away! FYI, when the snow is good, we do have some nice cross country skiing in the area, too.
Did I mention we like to garden? If you're lucky, you might come at a time when raspberries, strawberries, kale or tomatoes (all organic that is) are in season, and we love to share!
Just want a place to hang your hat for the evening, a clean, peaceful stop along the way? We offer you that downstairs complete with self-check in and privacy.
Not a Packer fan? No problem! We'll still treat you like royalty:)
See ya soon:)
Vicki and Randy and Captain too