Why stay in a cramped condo with noisy neighbours and ski boots thumping down hallways, when you can have a spacious and private 3 storey chalet with unobstructed views of the spectacular Monashees! A hot tub on the deck, secure ski storage and parking for 4 cars with a ski-way to and from the lifts right outside the door. Fully stocked kitchen and spacious dining area makes it easy to host Christmas dinner. Skip the mad rush of a 10 am checkout, here you can ski all day and checkout late!
Don't be fooled by all the other 'chalets' that are really multiplex's, ours is one of the few stand alone chalets at Big White! Our modernized 3 storey chalet consists of an upper and lower suite that are connected through an interior stairwell but can be locked off from each other and is ideally set up for two families to share. There are two entrances to the chalet, the upper and lower levels. The upper level driveway has room for 2-3 vehicles with stairs that lead down to the main living area. Upon entry you will find a large boot room with plenty of space for skiwear and footwear as well as a family sized washer and dryer. Down the hall is the main bathroom with a double sink vanity and a large walk-in shower with oversized rain shower head and hand wand. Across the hall is a bedroom with a king sized memory foam bed. The warm duvet and selection of pillows will ensure you have a great sleep after a day on the slopes. Further down the hall you enter the bright, cathedral great room which houses the large modern kitchen with all the amenities, dining for 8 and a cozy reading nook beside the gas stove. Off the kitchen is the hot tub deck where you can enjoy the unobstructed views of the splendid Monashee mountains. From the great room you can access the loft. Here you will find 3 cozy, under-eave double beds with storage drawers for clothing, a large sofa and a smart TV with access to Netflix. The lower level is accessed by an interior stairwell which opens into a cozy living space complete with a comfy sofa, flat screen TV, a table with 4 chairs, and a kitchenette that comes in handy with two families. Down the hallway you will find two bedrooms, one with a two double beds and private wash basin, the other with one queen bed. We also have two comfy fold away single mattresses and extra linens and pillows for guest use. Further down the hall is another full bathroom. Off the kitchenette is the door that takes you outside to the enclosed porch, ski lockers, and additional parking for 2 more vehicles. Access to the ski-way is from the lower level, and it leads you to the main lifts in the morning and brings you back to the chalet at the end of the day.
Disponible para huéspedes
We will provide our guests with check-in details and door codes upon booking. We provide linens, towels, toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, laundry soap, paper towel, pantry items such as salt, pepper, coffee, tea, sugar, flour, and oil, tinfoil, plastic wrap, and cleaning supplies.
Also, we keep some personal items at the chalet that are not for guest use and are marked accordingly.
Atención a los huéspedes
We are your hosts, Darren and Jacky and we live at Big White year round. We own an artisan coffee roasting business called Jacky's Bean Stock which caters to coffee lovers who brew their coffee at home. We absolutely love to share our passion for coffee with others and would be happy to teach you the fine art of roasting and brewing the perfect cup! We offer a 2 hour, in-home coffee roasting and brewing session for $49, a great addition to your vacation experience.
Otros aspectos destacables
*** we have a 2 night minimum booking from Monday - Thursday, a 3 night minimum if your booking includes a Friday or Saturday, and a minimum of 5 nights during Christmas and New Years ***
Snow snow SNOW! There is no shortage of snow at Big White with an average annual snowfall of 24 ft (730 cm); it is the primary topic of discussion for pretty much everyone at the resort! Snow weighs approximately 15 lbs per cubic foot and when compacted and falling from overhead, can severely injure you and potentially bury and suffocate you! Please take care to ensure your kids are not playing under snow-loaded eaves and roofs, including at our chalet, and keep clear from hanging icicles which can break away and cause serious injury. Also, it may be tempting to slide down the snow wall from our driveway to the main entrance however we kindly ask that you refrain from doing so. Under the snow wall is a rock garden. Not only can sliding down the wall loosen boulders and cause injury, but we have sensitive plants underneath that require the 'snow blanket' to protect them through the winter.
Snow removal from around our neighbourhood and from residential driveways is ongoing, almost daily. Snow can accumulate quickly so when you see the snow removal machine coming, please move your vehicles so the snow can be cleared or you may find yourself stuck!
Also, our roads can be a challenge to drive in the snow and winter tires on your vehicle are a must! We also highly recommend 4 wheel drive. It can be difficult and sometimes impossible to get a tow truck at Big White so please drive with care. Also note there are no gas / petrol stations at Big White and the closest station is 60 km away, so always ensure you have enough fuel for at least 150 km (return trip) before heading up the mountain. While there is excellent cellular service in the resort, please note that much of Big White Road does not have any cellular coverage.
Our chalet is our full-time home in the off-season and we only wish to host people who will be respectful to our home and belongings. Our home is not suitable for children 6 years of age and under. Children, teens and adults over the age of 7 are welcome to stay if they treat our home respectfully and follow these rules:
1. All food and drinks (except water) are consumed in the kitchen / dining / deck area only.
2. Horseplay in the chalet is not allowed.
3. Dirt on walls, windows and furniture are subject to an extra charge.
General Rental Rules:
1. Clean and put away dishes or put dishes in the dishwasher and start it at time of check out.
2. Remove ALL your food from the chalet. If you can't take it with you, toss it in the garbage or package it up and call us, and we can donate it to staff in need.
3. Put all trash in bins outside the front door and ensure the lids are closed securely. Garbage attracts wildlife! Please be responsible.
4. Remove linens from beds that have been slept in and leave beside beds at time of check out.
5. Pile all dirty towels in the main bathroom shower stall at time of check out.
6. Store all snowboards, ski's and poles in the outdoor lockers provided, not in the house.
7. Remove all footwear at the door.
8. For your health and safety, guests must provide daily access to the hot tub deck for daily hot tub maintenance and snow removal.
9. Please do not add anything to the hot tub except freshly rinsed people! We would we hate to have to empty and refill a fouled hot tub during your stay. The bottom of the tub should be clearly visible when jets have not been running and the water should smell mildly of chlorine. To ensure the hot tub is sanitized and safe for use, do not remove chlorine sanitizing pucks from the hot tub. Keep the hot tub covered when not in use and maintain water temperature between 102-104 degrees. Contact us immediately if the water smells bad, has changed color, or is murky.
10. The waterline in the hot tub must ALWAYS be at least 1 inch above the highest jet level when there is nobody in the tub. Generally, the tub holds 4 average sized adults without too much spillage. Too many people in the tub causes the water to spill over the sides, which creates ice on the deck causing a slipping hazard and damage to the deck surface. It can also cause the water level to get too low, which stops filtration (yuck!) and can burn out the pump. We will check it daily but give us a call if it's low. Excessive ice buildup on the deck from over flowing the hot tub is subject to a $75 removal charge.
Durante el período del 01 de Febrero de 2018 - 11 de Marzo de 2018 la estancia mínima es de 4 noches.
Hey! My name is Jacky and I am a lover of the great outdoors and epic adventures. And coffee... I am passionate about my beans! My partner Darren and I ditched the cubicle world to take a chance on a life with more freedom and less traffic and we haven't looked back since. When you get to the hill, look us up. We get a kick out of meeting new people and sharing a ski run or story over a cup of coffee....