We will set up your sturdy, 3 season tent for you in a primitive campground on a 68-acre farm. There are 44 spots to choose from, some in the woods, some alongside the pond, some secluded. There is hiking, creeking, catch & release fishing, $pick your own food. Great fun for couples, adventurers, and furry friends (pets) on leash. Complete with kitchen (cook stove, coolers, cookware, dinnerware) and bedroom (includes a queen size air mattress and bedding). Clean portable toilets.
Campsites are large with fire pits. We have fair priced wood or you can fetch your own at no cost. The tent says it will sleep 8 but 4 people will be tight with not much moving around in there.
On May 14, 2017, Go Camping America featured our campground on their social media page - "Are you looking to get away from the stress of daily life? Grins & Pickin's CampFarm offers the ultimate return to nature, where the spring wildflowers are spectacular and wildlife viewing of big bucks, long beards and bald eagles is plentiful. The CampFarm offers nature-based and homesteading activities where you can even pick your own morning fresh eggs for breakfast! This primitive campground is an outdoor recreation facility located on a working farm near the very heart of Ohio, where you truly can get away from it all!"
Disponible para huéspedes
There are 68 acres on our farm, half is fields of hay/alfalfa, pick your own food and half is wooded with a stream. The woods are most beautiful in the early Spring when the woodland plants pop with color and the peepers sing out. You'll have access to the fishing hole, horseshoe pit and there is a small children's play area.
Atención a los huéspedes
We work fulltime day jobs and enjoy our fulltime evening jobs on the farm. Please give us some time to respond as we are not always around a screen, usually after dark.
Otros aspectos destacables
Our campsites are primitive with no hookups for electric or water. We prefer to hear the sounds of nature instead of generators. There is no shower house but baby wipes are useful and there is a wash tub in the camping gear.
- We have primitive sites only, no hookups for electricity or water
- No glass please. We do not want pets or wildlife getting hurt on glass. Thank you!
- You may want to bring insect repellant with deet, extra shoes if you go creeking and long pants for hiking in the woods.
- Guests will be required to fill out a registration and released of liability form. Common sense rules are posted on the bulletin board.
- There are no showers for bathing. Baby wipes work for an overnight stay and a dishpan is in the camping gear to make your own wash sink.