Enjoy the culture of the Berkshires & Hudson - 15 min from Tanglewood, Norman Rockwell Museum, Shakespeare & Co, PS21, McHaydn Theatre, Mount Greylock, Jiminy Peak Resort, zipline parks, Bousquet & more. Restaurants & market within driving distance and a membership-only beach within a short walk. Great lake views with wrap-around porch. The lake is quiet & family-friendly. We welcome couples, solo adventurers, and families (3 bedrooms, sleeping 6, 2 couches & 3 cots for kids & lots of room).
- As is the Airbnb tradition, please treat my home as if it were your own. It's appreciated you leave the space as you would after staying in a friends home or moving out of an apartment, and not like a hotel room. Excessive cleaning outside these parameters could result in loss of security.
-Please respect that we often have same-day turnover, especially in the summer months, and need to be able to clean it quickly and thoroughly for our next guest. On those days, if you could strip the beds and bring the towels to the laundry room, it would be greatly appreciated!
-Checkout is promptly at 11AM, especially in the summer months when we need a quick turnaround. If you need extra time, please arrange it ahead of time. I cannot guarantee a late checkout or early checkin will be available.
- Infants/toddlers welcome. There’s a pressure gate for the stairs in the master bedroom closet upstairs.
- Please leave all the garbage bagged and in the big trash cans on the back porch (extra garbage bags are under the sink).
- Please use the recycle bin on the back porch (door is in the kitchen) for plastics, cans and cardboard.
- No smoking. No pets.
- Please don't eat food in the bedrooms.
- Please wash all dishes, or at least load and start in the dishwasher.
- Please don't leave cooked food in the pots and pans, crock pot, microwave or oven. Throw it all away and put in the garbage cans on the back porch by the exterior kitchen door.
- Please put all dirty towels in the first floor bathroom. If you have time to toss a load of towels in the washing machine, that would be appreciated!
- The lake is a family-friendly neighborhood, so please respect your neighbors, keep the noise down at night and remember, voices travel on the water, so appropriate language is appreciated.
- If using the pedal boat, please use life jackets for your safety.
- No parties.
- Please respect the cleanliness of the lake and don't leave litter in or by the waterside.
- Please don't hit golf balls into the water. I didn't think I'd have to leave that rule, but yes, someone did it.
- Please let me know as soon as possible if something needs repair or if you have any special needs I can assist with. I can easily be reached by text or Airbnb message and only live 10 minutes from the lake house.
As a graduate of Cornell University's Hotel School, I ran a motel and restaurant for 15 years before pursuing a writing career. I'm now a screenwriter and novelist, wanting to explore the world and meet people who will inspire my work and enrich my life. I'd say the best way to describe me is with this quote: "She was unstoppable, not because she didn’t have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite of them."