Our highly popular, turn of the century, farm cottage is the perfect place to escape the city and immerse yourself within the farming culture of central Virginia. It is ideal for a family traveling or a small group! Make your stay unforgettable by letting the kids see chickens and farm animals or by taking a horseback riding lesson!
Our Farm Cottage is located in the hub of all farming activity. Adjacent to the barns and ancillary farm buildings it overlooks much of what we do everyday. The cottage itself is comprised of four beautifully appointed bedrooms, one very nice full bathroom, a living room with cable tv, a kitchen, and a laundry room. There is a wonderful backyard for cooking out and entertaining. There is a screened in porch out front that overlooks paddocks and farming operations.
If you have children between the ages of 5 - 17, be sure to ask about our Summer Lesson Program operating between June - September, Monday - Friday 9:00 - 3:00. Fill their weekdays with horseback riding and farming activities while you get to explore everything Charlottesville has to offer. $650 per week, or $120 daily drop in rate.
Non - Summer Program Horseback Riding lessons are also a possibility upon request. A lesson is $60.00 per person and lasts around 45 minutes. $80 per couple or two person lesson.
Professional Photoshoots available -- $200.00 see our Instagram account (roslynfarm) for examples of previous photoshoots done for our Airbnb guests! (Usually about 200 images per shoot and lasts around an hour or however long is needed)
Disponible para huéspedes
We encourage guests to explore the property, after we have explained where they can go.
Otros aspectos destacables
The heat source for the cottage is an Amish made gas stove that stays on at all times in the winter. It is completely safe and puts out a good deal of heat. In the summer the cottage stays very cool with window units.
Inviting guests that are not also staying the night and therefore included in the overall price of the rental is not acceptable. This puts undue stress on parking and resources and therefore total number of guests must be negotiated before arrival.
1. Beginning August 1st Albemarle County requires all Airbnb and short term rentals to charge lodging tax of 5%. Airbnb does not have a way to collect this tax. Please come prepared to pay 5% of your booking total upon arrival. For example, a $150 booking would be $7.50 in tax. We take cash, check, and card. Thank you for understanding!
2. Beginning August 1st we will be charging a Pet Fee of $10 per pet, per night. To pay the pet fee we send a special offer. We love having dogs on the property but ask that they remain leashed as they get used to the livestock. Please clean up any poop and dispose of it our dumpster outside.
3. Please respect fence lines by not going into any paddock with livestock or opening any gates. This includes gates into the vineyard.
4. Additional guests beyond the allowable listed are subject to charge.
5. This is a working farm and guests are allowed in around the cottage, but must be accompanied by one of us to go elsewhere on the farm. Barns and ancillary farm buildings are off limits unless we are with you.