The picture on the airbnb website looked gorgeous. Room decor was nice. Bed was very cozy and comfortable as were the pillows. The man who met me helped me with my suitcase to the top floor which was very kind but...
1. I never met Theresa which was a shame as I felt part of the airbnb appeal is that personal touch.
2. There was no loo or shower in my room which meant I had to leave my room in the middle of the night to use the loo and shower which anyone else could access. This was not expected and I would not have chosen this venue if I'd known. I did not feel safe nor relaxed because of this.
3. I had a terrible night sleep as the train station was literally outside my window, again I didn't expect that. The trains woke me every time they stopped and passed through which began about 5.10am ish. This may have just been bad luck but a car alarm or burglar alarm was ringing loudly between 12 and 1am as well as a dog barking!
4. One light bulb was had blown and one of the curtains was missing!
5. There was a sink in the room but there was no glass nor bottle of water which would have been v welcome as I couldn't keep the window open due to noise so the room was a bit stuffy, not to mention faintly smelling of smoke!
6. There was no cooked breakfast as I had been led to believe (though maybe I'd assumed a decent breakfast was included). Instead there was a biscuit, small carton of orange juice and a pot of Oats so Simple.
All in all it was a very disappointing air bnb experience compared to all the others I've stayed in. The personal touch was missing, that little extra that you usually get with airbnb was missing and there was no sign of luxury here - but it was clean. The lack of a loo and shower was a huge disappointment. My colleague found a beautiful fully kitted out log cabin among acres of stunning grounds 15 mins towards Dorking which had everything you'd expect from an airbnb experience - a bit of luxury, home made breakfast with a huge choice beautifully designed to a very high standard and a very friendly host and was truly a special experience... for only £20 more than this room. So it was a disappointing experience for me. I'd suggest lowering the rate for what you get at this venue.