Sprawling 7 bedroom, 5.5 bath 1930's estate set on majestic grounds of nearly one acre. Filled with Old Hollywood history and charm. Very private, large pool and deck area. Well appointed with luxury linens and furnishings. Centrally located. CITY ID #303. LAND USE PERMIT #17-015
A Rental Agreement that outlines the house rules and releases liability of the home owners and staff must be agreed to and signed before the property may be occupied. The maximum number of guests allowed on the property at any time is 12 people plus two children age 12 or under. All guests must be 25 years or older unless accompanied by their parents or legal guardian.1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 p.m. PST on the first day of the agreed check-in date and CHECK OUT IS 10 A.M. PST on the last day of the agreed check-out date. Early check-ins and late check-outs are subject to a fee of $200 and are not permitted unless previously arranged and approved in writing (email) by Owner. Nightly rental rate does not include pool heat which is optional and may be added at a rate of $60 per day.
2. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage/reservation deposit of $2,000 is required. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; and charges will not be made provided the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to the Property or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered
during the stay.
c. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in refuse containers outside, soiled dishes are
placed in the dishwasher and cleaned, all of the air conditioning units are turned off and
one load of laundry is started.
d. All the windows are secured and the doors locked and the keys and gate remotes are left inside the Property
e. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
f. No linens, towels, equipment or other articles belonging to the Property are lost or
g. NO Early check-in or late check out unless otherwise agreed by Owner.
h. NO noise complaints or citations have been issued.
3. NO SMOKING – The Joseph Cotton Estate is a NON SMOKING home. Smoking is permitted outside only.
4. PETS - Pets are not permitted without prior approval and are subject to an additional fee of $50 per pet per day. In the event pets have been approved, Tenants are responsible for cleaning up of any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. All pets must be up to date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Pets are the sole responsibility of the Tenants. Owner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while at the Property.
5. CLEANING – A cleaning fee of $388.50 is payable with final payment. While linens and bath towels are included at the Property, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate, however weekly or daily maid service is available at an additional rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the Property and Tenant will be charged accordingly.
6. CANCELATION POLICY - With the exception of cleaning fees, NO refunds are given once a reservation has been made.
7. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
8. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
9. PALM SPRINGS ORDINANCE – The Property is located in the city of Palm Springs which has enacted a local ordinance (“Ordinance") that governs the rental of the Property. The Ordinance 1918 can be reviewed on the City of Palm Springs website. Any rental of the Property is subject to the provisions set forth in the Ordinance, which Tenant hereby acknowledges receipt of and agrees to adhere to the terms and conditions set forth therein. Per the ordinance, absolutely no radio receiver, musical instrument, phonograph, loudspeaker, sound amplifier, or any machine or device for producing or reproducing any sound shall be conducted within a fully enclosed Vacation Rental unit and shall not be audible at any property line of the Vacation Rental.
The Tenant shall agree that any violation of the terms of this agreement resulting in a call or complaint generated to the Palm Springs City Vacation Rental Hotline and/or a dispatch of the City Enforcement agent (s), whether or not resulting is a citation and/or fine, will be subject to immediate eviction from the Vacation Rental property including all guests and will be without recourse to the Owner from the guests/occupants. Additionally, the Tenant shall agree that in the instance of a noise complaint, citation, or eviction, all deposits, fees, and rental monies will be subject to forfeiture at the Owner's discretion.
Any violation of the Ordinance resulting in calls from the Palm Springs vacation hotline or the police or other city officials to Owner will be subject to forfeiture of the damage / reservation deposit, immediate termination of this Agreement and/or immediate eviction of the Property.
10. PARKING – Parking is limited to a maximum of six (6) vehicles inside the gate. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing and applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. Tenant shall require that any cars in excess of the six (6) additional cars shall be parked on South Palm Canyon Drive.
11. POOL / SPA – You are responsible for pool safety for you and your children and your guests. There is no alarm on any door to the pool area and fencing/gates are not locked The spa area is not fenced. Your attentive personal supervision is absolutely required to avoid risk of serious injury and/or death. Pools and spas are serious safety risks and hazards – including injury or death – if not used with care and caution. By signing this contract, you are aware of and assume the risk for yourself, your party and any other guests during your lease. We are not responsible for accidents. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless from any and all liability) active or passive) Robert and Kimberly Duensing, management or employees, the lessor and/or property owners, from any harm or injury caused by using the pool and/or spa equipment – or the Property leased by this contract. You and your guests agree that you use pools and spas completely at your own risk.
Child Safety - Never leave a child unsupervised near a pool, not even for a second. During your time at the pool and/or spa, designate an adult to protect children from pool accidents. Children must be watched closely while swimming.
12. KEYS & REMOTES – Guests are provided with two (2) sets of keys to the Property and one (1) gate remote controls. Any missing keys or remotes will be charged at $50 per item.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY - The Property is privately owned and Owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the Property or its facilities. Owner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the Property or others whom they invite to use the premises.
14. PRIVATE NEIGHBORHOOD – The Property is a private luxury home located in an upscale residential neighborhood. Accordingly, all Tenants must abide by local noise restrictions and be sensitive to the neighbors, including without limitation, no boisterous parties (day or night), no music or noise from inside the property heard beyond the perimeter of the property line at any time and no music or noise heard outside the home an any time. This section will be strictly enforced and any violation thereof may be subject to forfeiture of the damage/reservation deposit, immediate termination of this Agreement and/or eviction of the Property.
I hereby give permission to charge my credit card for the amounts above. I agree that all rental monies are non-refundable per cancellation policy above. I have read my rights to purchase travel insurance. By signing below OR accepting via online booking, Tenant agrees to all terms and conditions of this agreement.