Newly listed 'Villa Turtle Cove' is a 5000 square ft. Villa with enchanting views of the turquoise sea. Begin your day in our kayaks paddling among manta rays, dolphins, and whales. In the evening, relax on the terrace and enjoy the beautiful Baja sunsets. The free 4 Wheel Drive pick up will give you the total Baja experience.
Newly listed 'Villa Turtle Cove' is a beautiful Adobe style Villa with enchanting views of the turquoise sea and rolling mountains of Los Barriles. 3 miles north of town, it is the perfect get-away from the hustle and bustle of the States.
Each night you will drift off to sleep to the sound of the ocean, and in the morning you will wake up to spectacular sunrises.
A 4 minute walk down a magical, meandering arroyo path brings you to Turtle Cove Beach, with great snorkeling reefs, kayaking, wind-surfing, kite boarding and fishing.
The Villa features dramatic high ceilings, arched windows, stone showers, and a cupola. Smooth Saltillo tiles add Mexican charm and beauty.
Villa Turtle Cove was designed for families and groups seeking a peaceful vacation. With its spaciousness, it offers the best combination of privacy and together time.
Upstairs features a large master suite with a stunning ocean view. There is also a beautiful outdoor terrace, two additional bedrooms, full bath, gourmet kitchen, and living room.
Downstairs offers another large, private master suite with full bath and outdoor terrace.
Walk across a magical bridge, and you enter the guest cottage with a cozy bedroom and full bath upstairs, and a kitchen/living room downstairs. All rooms offer spectacular views.
Right out the front door is a large stone hot tub! There is nothing better than relaxing in the stone bath at night with a cool drink while looking at the sea and the stars.
On the upper level, there is a cobblestone outdoor shower built for two, welcoming after a day at the beach and convenient for washing off sand and salt before entering the house.
Outdoor terraces offer breathtaking views of the Sea of Cortez and garden and provide a great place for meals, basking in the sun, or just reading a book. The terraces are also great for whale watching.
Since we are located in the banana belt (warm area), the winter temperatures at Villa Turtle Cove are considerably warmer than in other parts of Los Barriles.
Share our recreational 'toys': 3 mountain bikes, and 2-one person kayaks. One kayak is set up for fishing, and the other is good for touring or wave riding. These goodies are all free!
Also included at no cost is a four-wheel-drive pickup truck which is great for adventuring around Los Barriles. You will need a rental car to get to and from the airport as well as to visit other towns, but having a 2nd vehicle provides much flexibility and local access.
Windsurfers, kite boarders, standup paddle boarders, surfers and scuba divers: lessons and rental equipment are available nearby.
If you love pickle ball, there are beautiful new courts in Los Barriles.
Since we have been coming here for the last 20 years, we can direct you to our favorite beaches, mountain bike trails, fishing holes, snorkeling reefs, kayaking trips, private surf breaks, restaurants, and other secret spots. We love helping our guests have a great vacation!
Kite boarders: our Villa overlooks Turtle Cove, one of the least crowded kite boarding launches. This beach provides one of the few wave breaks in the area. Another popular kite boarding spot, North Beach is located 5 minutes south.
Turtle Cove also features the best snorkeling reef in Los Barriles. In the crystal clear water you will see hundreds, of tropical fish just a few yards from shore.
Kayakers: our secluded beach gives you a perfect starting point for your ocean adventures. Imagine beginning your day paddling among hundreds of beautiful Manta rays. Whale and dolphin sightings are also common and can provide kayakers with the thrill of a lifetime.
Fishermen: We know who the good skippers are, and can get you a discount on boats. Excellent guide service is available for fly and surf casting fishermen.
Villa Turtle Cove is close to some of the best beach fishing in the area. Watch for the pelicans, grab your rod, and go catch some Roosterfish, Sierra, Pargo, and Jack Crevalles.
If you would like to rent an ATV, we can recommend the best rental agency. For getting around town, and exploring, an ATV is all you really need. It's also just a lot of fun! One of our guests’ favorite adventures is an ATV trip to the waterfalls. Pack a picnic lunch and swim in the secluded pool, surrounded by beautiful rock formations. Most of the time you'll have the whole place to yourself.
If you're a fishermen, an ATV gives you a huge advantage in chasing down those rooster fish. Racing down the beach in pursuit of feeding game fish is an adrenaline producing experience!
You are welcome to help yourself to our bountiful fruit trees. Imagine fresh grapefruits, oranges, limes, papayas, and mangoes right outside your front door.
If you would like some genuine Mexican meals delivered to your Villa, just let us know, and we can arrange to have great meals delivered.
If your family includes an infant, we can provide a crib, just let us know in advance and we will have it set up before you arrive.
The Villa features high-speed Wi-Fi.
Note: There is a possibility our property will be on the market during your stay, in which case you could receive an email from our broker requesting permission to show the property. This is highly unlikely and will not affect your guaranteed booking.
Following are some Villa Turtle Cove reviews from our (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) listing 661617:
Carl, Berkeley California
“So much better than advertised. This was far and away one of the most positive of many experiences we have had renting vacation homes in Mexico. The pictures really do not do justice to the house or the beautiful landscaping around it. But one of the things that made our trip really special was the close personal attention to our comfort provided by the owners, even though they are currently living stateside. It was obvious that they really truly wanted us to have a great time in Los Barriles. The house is in perfect condition and we lacked for nothing. They responded to every question or request we had almost instantly. The kitchen in particular is Very well appointed for a vacation rental. We stayed with another family. We were 4 adults and 3 kids, ranging in age from 3.5 to 7.5. The kids slept together in the "back" bedroom off of the living room and the adults stayed in the two master suites. It wasn't a problem at all for us to be downstairs while our 4 year old was upstairs. Both of the master suites are equally comfortable and beautiful. Having a 4wd does help you pull all the way up into the upper part of the driveway, but you don't at all need 4wd to get to the house and parking in the lower lot was really no big deal. The location at the north end of town basically leaves you half way between the center of town and the beach at Punta Pescadero, home to a great beach and the best snorkeling in Baja outside of Cabo Pulmo. The beach 2 minutes downhill from the house is a bit rocky right at the shore but has great sand further up and also has pretty good snorkeling in its own right. If you rent quads, the Arroyo Buenos Aires is right nearby and is worth at least a day or two of careful exploration. There are of course also easily available opportunities all around Alia Barriles for sport fishing. I really wish these guys all the best. They are providing a great base for great lifetime family memories.”
Amy, Richmond California.
“I've spent 5 magical winter holidays in this unbelievably beautiful home. It's peaceful, quiet, simple, and elegant. The views of the Sea of Cortez are unparalleled. From here, you can walk to snorkel in fish-filled waters. A quick drive into town and you'll find great fish tacos, coffee shops, and beaches. There are also lovely hikes in the area. Did I mention the sky full of stars at night? The full moons that rise over the water? The beauty of the garden? This is a very, very special place.”
Liz, Los Altos California.
“This is a wonderful family vacation house. That means "Grandma". I am 78 years old, and enjoy the beauty of the interior of the house, with tiled floors, beautiful stone work, and arched windows looking out on the Sea of Cortez. My bedroom was downstairs. It has its own bathroom and terrace, and looks out on the lush garden , filled with grapefruit and mango trees, and awnings of bougainvilla. Very meditative. I can walk down to the beach along a dirt path, and with my wading shoes, step carefully over the small rocks, and into the amazing water. There is a small reef to the left of the beach entrance, excellent for snorkling. Best time is before noon, when the sea is smooth. I have walked down the beach halfway to town, and walked the entire way home from town with my family along the road, passing goats and vacas on the way. Then it's time for a nap. I recommend this house for its comfort and beauty and ambiance. It is like a 4-Star hotel on the outskirts of a small, lively fishing and wind-surfing town.”
Phil, Altadena California.
“A lot of peace, quiet, views, and elbow room for the price. Stayed here for a week with my wife and two other couples. Everything about it was fabulous, AND it was a bargain--another couple was staying in a motel in town, and getting much less lodging for their tourist dollars. The most striking thing is the view--you are 5 minutes up the hill from the ocean, with an unobstructed view through several huge windows, and you can hear the waves. The house is roomy, with lots of nice aesthetic touches (e.g., an outdoor shower with hot water!). Highly recommended. I would encourage anyone to stay there. If you are considering it or planning your trip, there are some details it might be helpful to know about: *Los Barriles is a sleepy little town, and this place is a few miles away from it, in a quiet residential area. Great if that's what you're looking for. Good kiteboarding. Apparently good fishing. A few sun-baked retired gringos in the bars. Open-air restaurants with fish tacos. *No microwave. Otherwise a big, clean, well equipped kitchen. (BYO cone-style coffee filters) *The internet connection worked for about 80% of our stay--you are in Mexico... picture your AT&T or your Comcast, but in Mexico... bring a book AND a pair of binoculars (whales, kiteboarders, kayakers, rays...) *The cat is an outdoor cat, in case you were wondering (I am allergic... no issues). *The master bedroom and the downstairs bedroom are huge. The high-ceilinged master bedroom has the same killer view as the giant, high-ceilinged living room. *The two bathrooms are both "en suite"--if you stay in the third bedroom, you'll need to make arrangements for visits to the other bedrooms. The 2nd bed/bath is downstairs, so if you only need two beds you will have phenomenal privacy, but less so if there's someone in the third room. *The 2 kayaks are pretty different--wouldn't work great to take both of them for a paddle, I don't think. *Steep gravel driveway--if your vehicle can't get up it, you'll need to lug your stuff up it.
*Lot of English spoken in town. But even if you're dealing with someone who doesn't speak English and you don't speak Spanish, everyone is well habituated to all the gringos--for example, we never ate anywhere that wasn't serving other gringos at the same time. *The town feels extremely safe. I took several days of kiteboarding lessons at Exotikite down on the beach, and got used to leaving a backpack and valuables lying around while in the water.”
We would love to have you as guests, please contact us if you have any questions.
Come relax in Villa Turtle Cove!
"Promise only what you can deliver. Then, deliver more than you promise."
Note: There is a possibility our property will be on the market during your stay, in which case you could receive an email from our broker requesting permission to show the property.
Atención a los huéspedes
We will be available by phone and email anytime during your stay, so have questions, please contact us. Our goal is to help you have the greatest vacation possible!
1. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
4. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
5. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. Please do flush any toilet paper, feminine products, or foreign objects, as they will clog up the septic system. Please deposit all these items in the wastebasket.
6. The walkways at the front and side of the house are only for installing hurricane shutters, and not for pedestrian use, due to the low railings. Using the walkways for any purpose is prohibited.
7. The Saltillo tile floors will become permanently stained by any food items or sunscreen. Please do not take food outside of the kitchen or dining area. When you apply sunscreen, please do so outside. Any damaged or stained floor tiles will result in forfeiting of damage deposit.
8. Southern Baja’s electricity comes from a diesel generator, which is not environmentally friendly, so please conserve electricity. Since air-conditioners are big users of electricity, please limit air-conditioner use to when you’re actually in a room. The air-conditioners are very powerful, and cool rooms immediately, so it’s not necessary to leave the air-conditioners on when you’re not there.
9. If you are renting the large house and have been given access to the four-wheel-drive pickup, the pickup is for use only in Los Barriles, and cannot be taken to any other towns because it is not legal to be driven outside of Los Barriles. Also, given the status of its Mexican auto insurance, you will be liable for any damage to the vehicle.
10. Do not attempt to drive any 2 Wheel drive vehicle up either of the steep driveways. Please park 2 Wheel drive vehicles at street level.
11. Please keep the gates over the cattle guards closed at all times. If the gates are left open, you will forfeit your damage deposit.
12. Our property could be on the market during your stay, and there is a possibility that our broker will want to show the property. If that occurs we will give you at least 24 hours notice and arrange a time that’s convenient for you.
13. Guest acknowledges and understands that each and every guest or guardian is solely responsible for any property damage, accident, injury or loss sustained to any person while in residence and neither the owner nor the property manager accepts legal or financial responsibility. Guests and guardians, assume all risk of injury or other loss resulting from a recreational activity or any other activity and will hold the Agent and Owner harmless with respect hereto. Guests hereby agrees to indemnify and hold John Ford, Camilla Ford, and Heidi Ford, employees, property managers harmless from any claim, including those of third parties, arising out of or in any way a result of the guests use of the premises or items therein.
14. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
15. Owner or property manager cannot be held responsible for: The failing of any other company due to said company’s error or service interruption (i.e. electricity, water, gas, phone, Internet etc). Acts of neighbors such as: Construction, road repair, and maintenance or act of god (weather). However, owners agree to do all that is humanly possible to remedy any issue as quickly as possible. Owners and property managers reserve the right to enter property at any time to investigate disturbances, check occupancy, check damages, make repairs, alterations and improvements.
Este anfitrión tiene 12 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
We are a family of three (not including our pets!) We moved to Los Barriles from San Francisco when our daughter was 5 months old. We thought we would stay just 6 months, but doors kept opening, and we ended up building our house, working, and sending our daughter to school there. We now have more friends and connections in Los Barriles than in the States. We are currently living in Northern California because our daughter wanted to attend High School in the States. Now, we spend vacations only in Los Barriles. (At least for the next four years).
After renting for five years in Los Barriles, we decided to build a home. We loved the locations: the beautiful, winding arroyo leading to the sea, the proximity to the sea, yet protection from the wind, amazing view, and kind, peaceful neighbors. We had been visiting LB for vacations and for wind-surfing. It became a favorite of ours because how far away it seems, yet how easy it is to travel there. Plus, it has all the beauty and peace of other exotic places, but also all the conveniences.
John built the house so that each room would have a view. He wanted high ceilings so people could enjoy the space. The first trees we planted were fruit trees: mango, orange, lime, banana, and mandarin. The thing that made us fall in love with the place was the arroyo which we use as a path to the sea. We swim at least twice a day, so the path is well worn. We love to share our home with people.