Bike to UA/UMC from the cutest house in the best neighborhood in the area. All rooms are full of light and windows to the bird- and bunny-friendly yards. The yard and pool are massive, clean, and ready for a bbq! Walk to shops, breakfast, and drinks!
The 1350 sf house is open and full of light. Loads of windows make the outdoors part of the house. The massive back patio opens to large flower boxes, a massive pool, and yard. We've included a small propane grill to make the house your perfect getaway. The main two bedrooms have down comforters because it gets so cold at night in Tucson (ok, it doesn't, but we love the down).
Tucson is an outdoor town, so we've provided hiking backpacks and bicycles (for the bicycles, we make a nominal rental charge to service upkeep). Make sure to take advantage of all that Tucson has to offer. We can give you some ideas if you need them.
The master has a private outdoor area perfect for sipping coffee in the morning or a glass of wine in the cool desert evening (or wine in the morning and coffee in the evening--whatever floats your boat). We regularly see desert cottontail rabbits, hummingbirds, and other wildlife in this area.
We planted some vegetables and herbs in the flower gardens in the back yard. Help yourself if anything is ripe while you are there.
Please note that the bed in bedroom 3 is a high-end, full-size futon. Also, we have provided a pack-and-play, but no children under the age of 6 should stay at the property because the pool is not separately fenced.
The 1-car garage with opener is very handy for the hot desert days--keeping your car shaded is essential when it's 115 outside. Every room (including the living room) has blackout shades, which help to control the light during those bright desert mornings and the heat during the hot days.
Disponible para huéspedes
You'll have exclusive full access to the house, grounds, pool, and garage. The back yard is surrounded by a 7-foot wall, so you will have plenty of privacy for your time on the patio or in the pool.
Depending on the status of the house, we may be able to accommodate early check-ins (standard check-in is 4pm). Each hour that you would like to check in early is $20 (to accomodate charges from our cleaners), up to a maximum of $100 for check in as early as 9am.
Atención a los huéspedes
I will generally be able to respond to calls and texts, and can usually stop by, if necessary, within a couple of hours.
Otros aspectos destacables
The backpacks and bicycles, the pool, the private outdoor space off the master for watching rabbits and hummingbirds, the garage to keep your car cool during the Arizona days, the location so central to so many things including the UA--all make this house special. The pool is NOT fenced, therefore, per AZ law, only children older than 6 are allowed in the house.
While we will consider pets, please let us know if you plan to bring one. If we agree to host your pet, there is a $100 fee per pet, which will be used for additional deodorizing and cleaning. You are also responsible for any clean up resulting from the pet.
1. No smoking anywhere on the property.
2. No overnight guests other than those approved during the booking process.
3.The property is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order—please leave it in the same condition that you found it.
5. Only use appliances, grill, and pool for their intended uses
6. Pets are allowed only upon prior approval and payment of the pet deposit. All unapproved pets will result in cleaning charges.
7. There is no daily housekeeping service. Do not remove towels or linens from the home.
8. Please be considerate of the neighbors and observe a quiet time from 10:00pm to 8:00am. 9. The pool has inherent dangers, which you take responsibility for by making this reservation. NO GLASS is allowed anywhere on the pool deck or pool itself. Plastic cups and paper products are provided. Please only use those in the pool area. Please, for your own safety, no diving and no running around the pool. Small children must be supervised by an adult in the pool area at all times.
9. Parking is limited to 3 vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in the garage, driveway, or area to the left of the driveway. The neighbors across the street claim the street parking in front of their house as their own. If you choose to park there, you will likely receive a note and/or knock. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. Please do not park in front of neighbors’ driveways.
10.If you are staying over a Sunday, please put the recycle bin and trash out to the curb for Monday pickup.
11. Checkout is 11:00am. Late checkout without prior consent from the owner will be charged an additional $50 per hour.
12. Please take out trash, place dirty dishes in the dishwasher and start it, and place bath and pool towels in the washing machine at check-out.
13. Excessive messes, dishes, dirt, etc. may result in an excessive cleaning fee.
14. Primary renter must be at least 25 years of age.
15. If something is broken or there is a problem with the house, please let us know right away.
16. We have provided a number of items to make your stay more comfortable. Please do not use them as an opportunity to restock your own shelves, travel bag, or child’s dorm.
17. Do not engage in illegal activities anywhere on the property.
18. If you break or damage something, please let me know and arrange for its replacement or repair.
19. Please enjoy your stay and call, text, or email with any questions or concerns!
I grew up in Tucson and recently moved back due to a job change. I love this town. I've always loved that you can drive less than an hour in any direction from downtown and reach multiple hiking trails. Tucson is the home of real (Sonoran) Mexican food in the United States. In addition to the year-round hiking, cycling, and other outdoors activities, I've loved how friendly people are. You can talk to almost anyone almost anywhere.
I've traveled most of the world and Tucson is home. I hope you enjoy your time here.