Newly listed 'Rapunzel's Tower' is a 1200 sq. ft., private Casita with enchanting views of the turquoise sea. Begin your day in our kayaks paddling among manta rays, dolphins, and whales. In the evening relax and enjoy the view in the stone hot tub
'Rapunzel's Tower' is a 1200 sq. ft., private Casita (guest house) with enchanting views of the turquoise sea and the rolling mountains of Los Barriles. 3 miles from town, it is the perfect get-away from the hustle and bustle of the States.
Each night you will drift off to sleep with the sound of the ocean, and in the morning you will wake up to spectacular sunrises.
A 4 minute walk down a magical, meandering arroyo path brings you to a tranquil beach with great snorkeling reefs, kayaking, wind-surfing, kite boarding and fishing.
The casita features dramatic high ceilings and arched windows. Smooth Saltillo tiles add Mexican charm and beauty.
The cozy bedroom and full bath are located on the third floor, and offer amazing views. Downstairs is the kitchen/living room, and the first floor features a huge garage.
Right out the front door is a family-sized stone hot tub! There is nothing better than relaxing in the stone bath at night with a cool drink while looking at the sea and the stars.
The two outdoor patios offer beautiful views of the sea of Cortez, and provide a great place for meals, basking in the sun, or just reading a book. Since we are located in the banana belt, the winter temperatures are much warmer than other areas of Los Barriles.
Share our recreational 'toys': 2 mountain bikes, and 2 kayaks.. One kayak is set up for fishing, and the other is good for touring or wave riding. These goodies are all free!
Windsurfers, kite boarders, surfers and scuba divers: lessons and rental equipment are available. Standup paddle boards are also available at a local rental shop.
If you love pickle ball, there are beautiful new courts in Los Barriles.
Since we have been coming here for the last 20 years, we can direct you to our favorite beaches, mountain bike trails, fishing holes, snorkeling reefs, kayaking trips, private surf breaks, restaurants, and other secret spots. We love helping our guests have a great vacation!
Kite boarders: our Casita overlooks Turtle Cove, one of the least crowded kite boarding launches. This beach provides one of the few wave breaks in the area. North Beach, another popular kite boarding beach is located 5 minutes south.
Turtle Cove also features the best snorkeling reef in Los Barriles. You will see hundreds of tropical fish just a few yards from shore.
Kayakers, our secluded beach gives you a perfect starting point for your ocean adventures. Imagine beginning your day paddling among hundreds of beautiful Manta rays. Whale and dolphin sightings are also common and can provide kayakers with the thrill of a lifetime.
Fishermen! We know who the good skippers are, and can get you a discount on a boat. Excellent guide service is available for fly and surf casting fishermen.
The Casita is close to some of the best beach fishing in the area. Watch for the pelicans, grab your rod, and go catch some Roosterfish, Sierra, Pargo, and Jack Crevalles.
If you would like to rent an ATV, we can recommend the best rental agency. For getting around town, and exploring, an ATV is all you really need. It's also just a lot of fun! One of our favorite adventures is an ATV trip to the waterfalls. Pack a picnic lunch and swim in the secluded pool, surrounded by beautiful rock formations. Most of the time you'll have the whole place to yourself.
If you're a fishermen, an ATV gives you a huge advantage in chasing down those rooster fish. Racing down the beach in pursuit of feeding game fish is an adrenaline producing experience!
You are welcome to help yourself to our bountiful fruit trees. Imagine fresh grapefruits, oranges, limes, papayas, and mangoes right outside your front door.
If you need more space for family and friends, Casa Turtle Cove is right next door, and will sleep up to 9.
If your family includes an infant, we can provide a crib, just let us know in advance.
Please let us know if you would like delicious Mexican meals prepared and delivered to your table. Just give us a couple of days notice.
Rapunzel's Tower features high-speed Wi-Fi.
Note: There is a possibility our property will be on the market during your stay, in which case you could receive an email from our broker requesting permission to show the property. This is highly unlikely and will not affect your guaranteed booking.
Come relax and let your hair down in Rapunzel's Tower!
Keywords: Casita (Guest House)
Atención a los huéspedes
If you have any questions during your stay, just give us a call on the phone provided in the Casita. Our goal is to help you have the greatest vacation possible, so we will always be available to provide assistance.
1. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
4. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
5. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. Please do flush any toilet paper, feminine products, or foreign objects, as they will clog up the septic system. Please deposit all these items in the wastebasket.
6. The walkways at the front and side of the house are only for installing hurricane shutters, and not for pedestrian use, due to the low railings. Using the walkways for any purpose is prohibited.
7. The Saltillo tile floors will become permanently stained by any food items or sunscreen. Please do not take food outside of the kitchen or dining area. When you apply sunscreen, please do so outside. Any damaged or stained floor tiles will result in forfeiting of damage deposit.
8. Southern Baja’s electricity comes from a diesel generator, which is not environmentally friendly, so please conserve electricity. Since air-conditioners are big users of electricity, please limit air-conditioner use to when you’re actually in a room. The air-conditioners are very powerful, and cool rooms immediately, so it’s not necessary to leave the air-conditioners on when you’re not there.
9. If you are renting the large house and have been given access to the four-wheel-drive pickup, the pickup is for use only in Los Barriles, and cannot be taken to any other towns because it is not legal to be driven outside of Los Barriles. Also, given the status of its Mexican auto insurance, you will be liable for any damage to the vehicle.
10. Do not attempt to drive any 2 Wheel drive vehicle up either of the steep driveways. Please park 2 Wheel drive vehicles at street level.
11. Please keep the gates over the cattle guards closed at all times. If the gates are left open, you will forfeit your damage deposit.
12. Our property could be on the market during your stay, and there is a possibility that our broker will want to show the property. If that occurs we will give you at least 24 hours notice and arrange a time that’s convenient for you.
13. Guest acknowledges and understands that each and every guest or guardian is solely responsible for any property damage, accident, injury or loss sustained to any person while in residence and neither the owner nor the property manager accepts legal or financial responsibility. Guests and guardians, assume all risk of injury or other loss resulting from a recreational activity or any other activity and will hold the Agent and Owner harmless with respect hereto. Guests hereby agrees to indemnify and hold John Ford, Camilla Ford, and Heidi Ford, employees, property managers harmless from any claim, including those of third parties, arising out of or in any way a result of the guests use of the premises or items therein.
14. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
15. Owner or property manager cannot be held responsible for: The failing of any other company due to said company’s error or service interruption (i.e. electricity, water, gas, phone, Internet etc). Acts of neighbors such as: Construction, road repair, and maintenance or act of god (weather). However, owners agree to do all that is humanly possible to remedy any issue as quickly as possible. Owners and property managers reserve the right to enter property at any time to investigate disturbances, check occupancy, check damages, make repairs, alterations and improvements.
Este anfitrión tiene 6 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
We are a family of three (not including our pets!) We moved to Los Barriles from San Francisco when our daughter was 5 months old. We thought we would stay just 6 months, but doors kept opening, and we ended up building our house, working, and sending our daughter to school there. We now have more friends and connections in Los Barriles than in the States. We are currently living in Northern California because our daughter wanted to attend High School in the States. Now, we spend vacations only in Los Barriles. (At least for the next four years).
After renting for five years in Los Barriles, we decided to build a home. We loved the locations: the beautiful, winding arroyo leading to the sea, the proximity to the sea, yet protection from the wind, amazing view, and kind, peaceful neighbors. We had been visiting LB for vacations and for wind-surfing. It became a favorite of ours because how far away it seems, yet how easy it is to travel there. Plus, it has all the beauty and peace of other exotic places, but also all the conveniences.
John built the house so that each room would have a view. He wanted high ceilings so people could enjoy the space. The first trees we planted were fruit trees: mango, orange, lime, banana, and mandarin. The thing that made us fall in love with the place was the arroyo which we use as a path to the sea. We swim at least twice a day, so the path is well worn. We love to share our home with people.