The Gold Fox Lodge is a vintage, century-old, romantic, luxury, riverfront log cabin situated on Michigan's treasured Big Creek river known for plentiful trout, wildlife, birds, and legendary beauty. Also, just 3 miles from the famed AuSable River.
Have you ever desired to experience the romance of a vintage, private, century-old, riverfront, log cabin without giving up luxury and comfort? Here's your opportunity. The decor, furnishings, and atmosphere at The Gold Fox Lodge are simply magical. This 1930, historically preserved, 4-season riverside lodge is located just 70 feet from Michigan's treasured Big Creek river known for it's plentiful trout, wildlife, birds, and overall beauty. Whether looking for a romantic getaway, destination vacation with family and friends, or that special place for your honeymoon or anniversary - The Gold Fox Lodge will not disappoint. Relax in absolute luxurious comfort in this 3 bedroom, 1 bath log cabin that offers all of the upscale comforts of home while providing a rare and historic north woods atmosphere. Enjoy the cozy great room layout with its leather recliners and massive stone fireplace, and original amber-aged logs and log beams. The kitchen and bathroom have been tastefully updated, maintaining the historic charm of the log lodge while integrating many of today's luxury touches we've all come to expect. Enjoy your favorite cup of coffee or glass of wine while viewing the scenic river and constant river wildlife from any number of locations including the rear lodge sun room, outdoor firepit, riverside deck, or simply from your bedroom window. No matter the season, the atmosphere of The Gold Fox Lodge is ideal for virtually any occasion.
Disponible para huéspedes
An electronic door entry system is used for guest arrival. The Gold Fox Lodge sits on 10 acres which includes both sides of the river. Guests have access to the entire property. One very special treat is an old fashioned 18 hole miniature golf course that was built decades ago by a former owner. The stone-lined course winds through the forest and is sure to make a lasting impression on children and adults alike.
Atención a los huéspedes
We have a caretaker and cleaning staff that live within a few minutes of the lodge - and can help with virtually any problem on short notice. Just prior to your arrival we will send you the electronic door lock code so that you can walk right in when you arrive. We also love to help our guests plan their visit to the area and provide an area activities guide that contains key information on things to do in the area including all outdoor resources you may need and recommended restaurants in the region. If you have specific questions don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help. We can even provide some great fishing tips too for the area.
Otros aspectos destacables
Fly fishing enthusiasts have long considered the Au Sable region as a must visit destination. As chronicled in "Fifty Places to Fly Fish Before You Die" you'll quickly appreciate the romance of this region. Experience the Holy Waters, Masons Tract of the South Branch, North Branch of the AuSable, Mio Trophy Water, and famous Hex Hatch. In fact, it was the beauty of this region and quality of trout fishing that led to the formation of our nation's first Trout Unlimited chapter in 1959 by area anglers. Big Creek river - flows into the AuSable just three miles downstream. Big Creek, being a tributary to the AuSable, is even considered by many to rival, the fishing on the AuSable.
1. Smoking is strictly prohibited indoors. Outdoor smokers must use caution due to fire danger. Please do not liter.
2. Guests: A maximum of four guests is permitted on the property. If any exception is needed special permission must be granted. People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in/on the property is the sole responsibility of the Guest. No events, gatherings, reunions, or parties of any kind are permitted.
3. Driveway: We share our driveway with another cabin. So, please drive slowly as you could encounter our elderly neighbors.
4. Responsibility: The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. The owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. Care and Respect: Treat the property and all furnishings with care and respect. Please tidy up and wash any dishes upon departure. This will help Shar focus on keeping the cabin in exceptional condition. We are making every attempt to provide a unique atmosphere on the on the river and ask that you help us maintain our cabin in the condition you found it.
6. Appliances: Only use appliances for their intended uses
7. Pets: Pets are NOT allowed.
8. ATVs: ATVs are NOT allowed on the property.
9. Fireworks: NOT allowed due to the surrounding forest and fire potential.
10. Firearms: Discharge of firearms is strictly prohibited.
11. Campfires: Campfires are to be strictly contained within the outdoor firepit provided. Please be conservative and not build huge fires that last all night. Generally a load of wood lasts for an entire month of guest's campfires..
12. Tents of any kind or tent camping on the Premises is NOT permitted
13. Parking: Limited to 3 vehicles. Park only in the gravel driveway area to protect the grass.
14. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. Linens and bath towels are included in the cabin. Please bring beach towels for outside use. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cabin.
15. Fireplace: The fireplace is a vented propane gas log system with remote thermostat control.
16. Septic System: The cabin is on a well and septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $1000.
Este anfitrión tiene 44 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
We are a happily married Christian couple - going on 30 years with two adult children. Jeff recently retired from a career in the GIS, satellite mapping, and 3D laser industry. Beth spent her early years in banking but is most credited for being available for our children as they grew up. Jeff is an avid fisherman (especially fly fishing for trout - and once fished 50 states in 50 consecutive days with our son); loves boating; woodworking; college basketball & football; and hiking. He even walked the 500 mile Camino de Santiago across Spain in 2014. Beth loves decorating, being a wonderful hostess, and staying connected with family and friends.