The perfect holiday vacation home for your family. Our townhouse, shaded in front by flowing bamboo trees, has 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a living room and kitchen. Its back space opens onto your own private, covered, terraza whose surrounding welcomes you to BBQ, quietude, or refresh over tropical drinks after a day at the beach. A palapa-covered terrace is accessed from the second floor master bedroom and makes for a perfect place to hang a hammock and feel the Rivera Maya's tropical groove.
Our casa has been personally decorated by us to offer a Mexican tropical feel in its interior, opening you to experience Tropical México through decor. It is also designed as a home we are comfortable to live and entertain in. Luscious bamboo and bougainvillea trees at its front provide shade from the hot tropical sun and also a sense of tranquility when one hears the wind caress their leaves. The two private terrazas at its back, the upper one covered by a Mayan palapa, are unique and welcoming spaces to rest, ponder, reflect, or entertain.
Disponible para huéspedes
Private access to the full casa.
Atención a los huéspedes
Paula will meet and assist you with all your needs while you are in Playa del Carmen. We travel for business in Mexico and beyond, and so will also be available for you when at home in Playa.
Otros aspectos destacables
Xcalacoco beach can be easily walked, jogged or cycled to from our casa . Bus, car, or taxi travel is used to access centro (downtown) Playa del Carmen.
Common House Rules of Respect
"If you open it, close it.
If you turn it on, turn it off.
If you unlock it, lock it up.
If you break it, admit it. (Please let us know and arrange for its replacement or repair).
If you can't fix it, call in someone who can. (Paula will easily help with this).
If you borrow it, return it.
If you value it, take care of it.
If you make a mess clean it up.
If you move it, put it back.
If it belongs to someone else and you want to use it, get permission.
If you don't know how to operate it, leave it alone.
If it will brighten someone's day, say it."
Ours home is oriented to families or couples and is located in a quieter residential neighbourhood.
* Respect that quiet hours in Playa del Carmen are generally from 11pm until 7am (weekdays) and 12pm until 7am (weekends).
* No pets (we at first allowed pets, but the mess left by some pet owners has required us to alter this policy to 'no pets'. Thanks for your understanding.).
* No parties, no outside visitors, no overnight guests UNLESS you have our previous approval as your hosts. We being reasonable people, reasonable requests will be welcomed.
* No smoking indoors. Smoking is ONLY permitted outdoors (on the backyard terraza or outside the front door AWAY from the burnable palapa roof. Thank-you!).
* As a consideration, if you use the washing machine, please do so only twice within a 5-day stay.
* Do not engage in illegal activities anywhere on the property.
* Do not leave any food out in the casa to attract uninvited pests. The home is located in the tropics and so food left out will quickly attract insect guests.
* Please DO Return all keys to the security guard gate on check-out.
Thanks for your visit!
Walter Rivera is my name and, alongside my Canadian spouse, we have lived in Playa del Carmen, on-and-off, since the mid-2000's. We have been connected to Playa since it had only 10,000 residents, mostly sand streets, and only one continuously-flashing semaforo (stoplight). Today, Playa del Carmen is the renowned international cultural, food, and beach travel destination that it has become. In those early years I owned and operated a clothing store while my spouse was a prof at the State University in Cancun. We bought our home in Playa and have loved being associated with this town ever since.
We enjoy music (symphonic, opera, early, and tropical music), art, cultural travels, walks on the beach holding hands (we are still very much in love after 22+ years of marriage :) ), and entertaining friends, which usually involves food!
We now travel for work between Playa, Cuernavaca, and Vancouver and so offer our townhouse in Playa for vacationing guests. If we are in Playa when you visit, we will be delighted to offer you with our greetings. Otherwise, our representative, Paula, is available for supports.
We don't watch TV and so don't own a TV as we prefer to connect with people rather than disconnect, however in-house Internet and Wifi is available for the visually oriented guest
Welcome to the beautiful and famous Riviera Maya, and to your Mexican home away from home.