The Salty Dog Summer Stay is a spacious, bright, furnished apartment with all the comfort and amenities one may need to enjoy time in our seaside town. Perfectly located on Atlantic Avenue in the Old Garden Beach neighborhood, many of Rockport's shops, galleries, restaurants, and attractions are a short walk away. Old Garden Beach is a 5 minute stroll down the lane, the Headlands and Rockport Harbor are a 10 minute walk, and Bearskin Neck is a 13 minute walk.
The Salty Dog Summer Stay apartment encompasses the whole ground floor of our home, a classic New England beach house built in 1900. My wife (Marcie), 2 girls (Ava Mae, 9 years old and Sadie, 6 years old), and I live in the other unit on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
The living area is furnished with a comfortable couch, 3 chairs, and a bench. Entertainment includes a wall-mounted 49 inch flat-screened HD TV, cable, DVD, WiFi, bluetooth stereo, board games, and books.
The Salty Dog has two bedrooms. One bedroom has two double beds and the other bedroom has a queen bed. We also provide a twin-sized folding cot.
The apartment has a full sized, eat in kitchen with seating for up 6 people. There is a stove, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker.
Guests can enjoy backyard space that includes a grill and picnic table, and a children’s play set (3 swings, slide, and monkey bars). There is also a front covered patio with rocking chairs.
There is off-street parking for 2 cars in our driveway.
We also provide a complimentary resident beach pass that allows guests to park in the “resident only” parking lot at the popular Long Beach and Cape Hedge Beach.
Disponible para huéspedes
The Salty Dog Summer Stay encompasses the whole ground floor of our home and is a completely separate apartment from our unit on the 2nd and 3rd floors. There is a front and back entrance to the apartment.
Atención a los huéspedes
I am available 24 hours a day for any assistance that may be needed or issues that need to be resolved.
Otros aspectos destacables
We're dedicated to providing families and friends a comfortable, casual, friendly stay. We specialize in convenience, personalized service, and love and knowledge of our home, Rockport, Massachusetts. We welcome those wanting to vacation short or long term and take pride in the accommodations we offer.
No pets, no smoking on premises, 2 night minimum stay
**A signed rental agreement (below) is required to book a reservation**
THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT
VACATION PROPERTY RENTAL AGREEMENT
This agreement made this ____ day of _____________, 2017 between _________________________ residing at ____________________________________________________________________ with a home telephone number of _____________________________ and mobile phone number of _______________________________ (herein called the Tenant) and Justin Mierz (herein called the Owner) concerning the short term rental of the ground floor premises at 40 Atlantic Avenue, Town of Rockport, County of Essex, and Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Total people in renting party: ____ adults, ____ children.
Rental period shall begin at 3:00 PM on _________________________________ and end at 10:00 AM on _________________________________ (____ nights).
Total rental amount: $________ ($_____/night for ____ nights)
Terms of the agreement:
1. The Tenant agrees to allow the Owner or his agent to enter and view the premises, both inside and outside to:
a) inspect the premises,
b) make repairs thereto,
c) protect the premises if it appears that said premises have been abandoned b(URL HIDDEN)Tenant.
2. No more than 8 (EIGHT) persons will occupy said premises and no animals, birds, or pets of any description shall be kept in or upon leased premises.
3. The Tenant will be responsible for all damage or breakage and/or loss of premises, except normal wear and tear and unavoidable casualty which may result from occupancy.
4. The Tenant will leave the premises in the same general and good and habitable condition.
5. The Owner shall provide towels, linens, blankets, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, pots, pans, coffee maker, microwave oven, TV, DVD player, air conditioners (2).
6. The Owner shall provide toilet paper, laundry detergent, dish detergent, and cleaning supplies. Other consumables are to be purchased by the Tenant. No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the Tenant arrives, the Tenant is free to use them.
7. There will be no smoking on the premises. Grilling is permitted only on grills provided with rental property and in such area of the rear yard as designated by Owner. The utility room and rear dry storage closet are off limits to Tenant.
8. The Tenant shall not sublet the property.
9. The Owner will provide garbage containers. Recycling containers are also provided the Tenant for glass, plastic, aluminum cans, redeemable cans and bottles, and paper. It will be the Tenant’s responsibility to place garbage and recyclables in the containers. The Tenant agrees to keep and maintain the property, and surrounding area in a clean and sanitary condition at all times, free of all garbage debris. The Tenant shall comply with all municipal regulations imposed by the Town of Rockport relating to the disposal of garbage and similar debris and recyclables, including glass, plastic, paper, aluminum cans, and redeemable bottles/cans.
10. The Tenant and Tenant’s guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Owner against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury, or loss. Tenant expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Owner may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of the Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and guests if such coverage is desired.
11. Tenant agrees to pay all reasonable costs, attorney’s fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Owner enforcing this agreement.
12. Rental deposit amount is fully refundable up to 8 (eight) weeks prior to the beginning of the rental period. After eight weeks prior to the rental period the Owner shall have the right to retain the initial rental deposit at the Owner’s discretion.
13. The Owner and Tenant state that the rent of these premises is for a vacation or recreational purpose as expressed in the Massachusetts General Laws C. 186 15B(9).
14. The Owner shall provide parking space for 2 (TWO) motor vehicles in the parking lot at spaces to be designated by the Owner. Any rules or regulations established by the Owner relating to parking shall be strictly observed by the Tenant and may be subject to change at the Owner’s discretion. On street parking is also permitted in front of the rental property.
15. There will be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
16. There will be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
17. No refunds or compensation will be given for any power outages beyond our control.
18. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises.
19. This agreement may be signed in one or more counterparts, and all such counterparts shall form but one integrated agreement.
20. TENANT IS ADVISED TO STEP WITH CAUTION IN AND OUT OF THE FRONT DOOR TO THE RENTAL PROPERTY BECAUSE OF THE HIGH STEP.
21. The rental property has a fire extinguisher installed near the kitchen area. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the tenant to inform owner immediately should the fire extinguisher becomes less than fully charged. Tenant agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
22. The property has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tenant will notify Owner without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
23. Tenant shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors and windows when it’s prudent to do so.
24. High speed internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to this agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, speed, or access problems.
25. Doors and windows shall be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in use.
26. If the Tenant defaults and/or otherwise fails to comply with any item in this lease, the Tenant agrees to vacate said premises, upon receipt of proper notice from the Owner and/or upon proper commencement and final adjudication of proceedings authorized and/or required by the applicable laws and regulations of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
27. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: THIS AGREEMENT SERVES AS THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT. NO ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS ARE EXPRESSED NOR IMPLIED. THIS AGREEMENT SUPERCEDES ANY AND ALL PREVIOUS ORAL AND/OR WRITTEN, EXPRESSED, AND/OR IMPLIED AGREEMENTS. UPON WRITTEN OR ELECTRONIC ENDORSEMENT, TENANTS AGREE THAT THEY HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS AGREEMENT, AND ACCEPT ALL TERMS, CONDITIONS, COVENANTS AND RESTRICTIONS, WITHOUT EXCEPTION.
Sign: __________________________ Print: ______________________ Date: __________
Sign: ___________________________ Print: ______________________ Date: __________
(Address, City, State, Zip)
(Home Telephone Number)
(Mobile Telephone Number)
I grew up in Rockport and graduated from Rockport High School in 1992 before heading south to study environmental health at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina. I returned home after graduation, received a Master of Public Health from the University of Massachusetts, and met my wife, Marcie, in the North End, Boston. I spent 14 years as an environmental analyst for the Massachusetts Department of Public Health before resigning in 2013 to start a vacation rental business and spend more time with my wife and daughters.
My wife, Marcie Mierz, grew up in Stamford, Connecticut, and studied psychology at Moravian College in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Marcie moved to Boston after graduation and began work in the technology industry. Marcie currently works in software engineering as a technical project manager.
Justin and Marcie live with their two girls - Ava Mae (9 years old) and Sadie (6 years old) - on Atlantic Avenue in Rockport.
We look forward to providing guests a comfortable, casual stay!