Our house is in the heart of Capitol Hill - Seattle's hippest, most central neighborhood! Walking distance to downtown, light rail and major bus routes (easy commute to/from airport), grocery stores (Safeway, Trader Joe's, Central Coop), Broadway and the Pike/Pine corridor. Up the hill from Madison Park Beach on Lake Washington. Just off 15th Ave E - coffee shops, bars, restaurants. Friendly local hosts with a wealth of knowledge. There is no better vantage point to enjoy your time in Seattle!
- Phil (that's me) and my wife Roseanne have a big, friendly dog, Desmond, a tan lab/retriever, and a cat, Feebee. Desmond might be in the yard when you come through the front gate. If so, he will be glad to see you! Desmond sometimes barks at dogs that go by on the sidewalk, but with people he's always friendly. Feebee is a little old lady cat, and probably will not be outside.
- Please make sure the gate is latched every time you go or out. (Desmond used to be able to open the gate if it wasn't latched, and would then go exploring!)
- No smoking in the apartment or in the yard.
- Check out is at noon. Check in is at 3pm. Let me know if you need to adjust these times. I'm not too concerned if you're arriving late, as the key box, which is on the outside basement door, will get you in whenever you arrive.
- I'll email the key code and directions in the days before your check in.
- I'm a cellist, currently playing in 3 different rock bands. That means I practice most every day. I won't start too early or go too late, but if you hear me playing and it's a problem, please give me a call.
- Quiet time should begin at 10 pm, for me and for you.
- Your apartment door is adjacent to another door that leads into our private basement area. Please don't go into that part of the basement.
We've been living in this house in Capitol Hill since 1990! The neighborhood's changed a lot, but is still the most central, cultured, and dynamic area of the city IMO. We have good relationships with our neighbors, are within walking distance of EVERYTHING, and have easy access to beaches & parks. My wife Roseanne is a 6th grade teacher and I'm a retired tech-writer and full-time cellist. (For fans of jazz rock, you might be interested to know I played in version 2 of the Mahavishnu Orchestra back in the 70's.)
We've used airbnb on our travels but are just starting up our own apartment for rent in the basement.
My adult daughter lives in town and assists us with bookings. She speaks Spanish.