It's probably not a review of this property itself, but for the agency called Staybeyond who is managing this flat. A day before the check-in I was told the property was not available due to the facility fault, and then 10mins after checking in to the alternative one I was informed that I had to move to another one after three nights (out of 5 nights) because the 1st flat will be in maintenance. Although I can totally understand maintenance things happen, I have some comments on how it was done...
- I selected the original property for certain criteria. However, the one they offered was in an entirely different area; proximity to the airport was important, but it was in centre. I picked a quiet area, but it was extremely noisy.
- The communication felt a bit confusing and blunt from time to time. Before check-in, I received an online form (without mentioning the property name) asking to enter credit card detail which looked like a fraud. Also whenever they announced the change, it sounded like I had no choice. When I explained it was causing us problems, the reply I got from them always seemed annoyed rather than apologetic.
- We had to move after three days which was not ideal for us because we were planning something on that day. They said they could arrange a cab to move the flat...but we couldn't select the time as they said 9am was too early. They came to pick us up at 11am, and we had to rearrange our schedule according to their convenience.
- The 1st place seemed upgrade regarding the number of the rooms, but not the quality; the bed was not very comfortable, the facility looked DYIed so one shower didn't work properly, the other didn't shower enough water. One curtain didn't go up. It looked clean-ish but looked like just a quick fix on the surface.
Ok, now some good points...
- The guy who came to picked us up was very, very nice person and helpful.
- The 2nd place, we could go back to the area we chose initially. And the flat was indeed upgraded this time, clean, beautiful and just fantastic. This is the reason why I'm in two minds.
It was a special trip for me as my parents visited me all the way from Japan. I must say though, the first three days, I was quite embarrassed whenever I explained the situation and showed the flat to them.