This is a spacious, airy, self-contained studio apartment on the second floor of our family house in the Diplomatic Enclave near the airport. There are lots of books, paintings, two guitars, an itinerant tomcat and a large terrace overlooking a park.
The apartment has a spacious sitting area, a very well-stocked library, a double bed, a bathroom/toilet, a small kitchenette and a large and spacious terrace with an outside sitting area. The kitchenette has a fridge, a microwave, a toaster and an electric kettle. Basic cutlery and crockery are available. You can order in food and heat leftovers, but you will not be able to cook a meal unless you are whiz at Microwave cooking or think that buttered toast and coffee are a meal!
A cross trainer is available in the room if you feel like a short workout.
Disponible para huéspedes
There is a washing machine in the common utility area on the terrace, which you are welcome to use, but please do bring your own detergent. The room has an independent access from the ground floor. There is space outside to park a car.
Atención a los huéspedes
We are available on phone or email to help you figure out logistics (that would be Asmita's forte, usually!). Shankar sometimes take guests out on eclectic guided tours of Delhi for a fee. Shankar's family lives on the ground floor and are very friendly and helpful, as well as being extremely knowledgeable about Delhi, it's culture and it's historic attractions.
We're fairly easygoing about most things, but we do expect our guests to treat the place like home, and be good to the books, music, paintings, fixtures, tomcat and folks.
Here are a few rules, though, that we would like you to follow.
1. Guests are NOT permitted Visitors unless they have asked for permission first.
2. NO ALCOHOL IS PREFERRED, BUT 'A' DRINK OR TWO IS FINE.
3. SMOKING IS PERMITTED but please make sure you keep fire safety in mind and clean up your ashtrays after yourself.
4. LOUD NOISE if/when arriving home late at night or early morning is actively discouraged.
5. BE CONSIDERATE of other residents in the building when coming & going.
6. Do clean up after yourself in the kitchen and bathroom as well as elsewhere in the apartment. Please ensure that you leave the trash out daily in the big trash bin at the entrance on the ground floor. Dustbin liners are available in the kitchen drawer.
7. Your room is private to you, we expect you to keep it tidy.
8. Additional clean sheets are provided for stays over one week. If you want a change of sheets or towels during your stay, please let us know.
1. Guests are permitted full use of the Kitchenette, and are expected to provide their own food stuffs.
2. We expect you to keep your food in the refrigerator and clear up when you are leaving.
3. Please clean the kitchenette counter, microwave, toaster and kettle immediately following your meal.
4. Plates, bowls, cutlery and crockery should not be left dirty.
5. Please remember to clean the sink after you have used it.
1. The bathroom is private and will be yours to use exclusively.
2. Please wipe down Shower Doors and walls after use, and wipe up any water on counter, sink and floor area after use.
1. A shared washing machine in the utility area on the terrace is available for your use.
2. Please bring your own laundry detergent and please coordinate with the other users on timings of your use.
Shankar and I are lifelong residents of Delhi and in love with this city. Shankar is a film maker, photographer, nomad and collector of curios, while Asmita teaches at a university in Delhi. We like cats, dogs and intelligent, broad minded and honest people. Shankar sings, draws and cooks like a dream. I like to think that I'm a super-organizer who is given to running everyone's life for them if given a chance...!