Join us for a relaxing stay in the Earth Room, comfy with cozy robe(s), soft sheets as well as travel-inspired art, books, and maps.
We celebrate your comfort at Casa de Colores!
Casa de Colores came by her name naturally as an artist helped me choose more than 10 different colors to grace her walls. Throughout the house, you will see art by local Austinites as well as Bostonians. (My two hometowns.)
Each room has a different character to appeal to us as we travel on this journey of life. We invite you to relax and connect with your creativity in our colorful home.
Disponible para huéspedes
The public areas include:
-avocado green kitchen (with storage space in the fridge)
- violet media room (with TV, Netflix & Hulu)
- turquoise/soothing aloe living room (with fireplace, firewood provided for an additional fee)
- Lavender sink room
- Jade Green toilet/bath room complete with world map shower curtain
- outdoor porch with hammock and chairs, deck, and hot tub
- laundry (for $5/load, soap included. Complete washes between 7 am - 10 pm. Ask for directions before use.)
The only restricted spaces are the 2 back bedrooms, including master bedroom and bathroom.
All private rooms and restricted spaces are locked.
Atención a los huéspedes
I am usually available during the day, and in and out during the early evening depending on my meeting schedule. (I am on the board of a local non-profits.)
My time is generally flexible, and I am easily reachable by text.
Otros aspectos destacables
Here at Casa de Colores, we celebrate diverse sexuality and gender, and celebrate families of all kinds!
On some Saturday nights as well as Sunday-Tuesday evenings, my two daughters (ages 3 and 8) are with me at Casa de Colores. They either stay with me in the Master bedroom, or are in the Rainbow Room (which is next to the Earth Room).
While guests have described them as friendly, smart, and well-behaved, please not that kids can be unpredictable. My little ones are no exception. However, I do try to limit any outcries to my personal space, and we all do our best to be aware of our guests' comfort. (My girls LOVE meeting our guests if you're up for that!)
I usually drop them off at school at 6:30 am in the morning, and we are all in the house between 4-9pm in the evening (at which time they go to sleep).
FAMILY FRIENDLY OPTIONS:
I know first-hand how challenging it can be to find affordable and celebratory places to stay. I want to make it as easy as possible to let you leave your gear at home and let me prep the space to make it as comfortable, stress-free, and fun as possible for your Austin adventure!
ADDITIONAL BEDDING OPTIONS
We've got an air mattress that could be used in either room for an additional guest ($15/day).
If you're a family traveling with an infant or young child(ren), we've got options for you including:
- a pack and play with all the bedding including (additional $10/day)
- 2 kid mats and bedding (additional $5/day per mat)
- fun baby & kid towels (complimentary)
- toys for ages 0-5 available (complimentary)
- high chair (complimentary)
With coordination, I offer rides for groups/families up to 5 people. I have 1 Britax car seat installed (for ages 18mos+) and 1 booster. In my Mazda 5, there are 2 additional seats that are prepped for car seat safety which easily fit all car seat sizes. (Additional fee of $2/mile)
Airport runs: $20 (up to 4 adult passengers, 5 with kids in seats)
Words to live by...
"Have only one rule: be your wild, courageous self every single day. No matter what."
At Casa de Colores, we believe in celebrating the colorful and creative spirit of travel - in comfort.
- We are a queer and family-friendly space.
- We are not open to pets, unless your pet comes highly recommended by other hosts, and you get pre-approval for your pet BEFORE booking. Additional fee of $20/day will apply. (For guests, please note that this may mean a pet is visiting during your stay. If you are traveling with a pet, please inquire about this option, and have references from other AirBnB hosts about your pet.)
- Additional guests are permitted for no longer than a very quick visit (i.e. 30 minutes). Guests who wish to stay longer (whether overnight or 30+ minutes) are not permitted unless coordinated 24 hours in advance with Melita. (There is a $15 fee for additional guests.)
A single air mattress, kid-sized mattresses, and/or a pack and play baby crib are available with this additional fee.
- The hot tub is for use ONLY by registered guests.
- Only use provided plastic ware or cans in outdoor areas. (No glass please.)
- We are in a very quiet neighborhood - quiet hours inside the house and in the neighborhood are 10 pm - 7 am When outdoors after 10 pm, please keep sound to a minimum to be respectful of our wonderful neighbors.
NOTE: Please be mindful that the hot tub is right outside the master bedroom window where someone might be sleeping.
-Each room has an extra blanket, pillow in the closet, a nightlight, many coasters for your cup(s), towels for indoor use, and a robe or two.
- If you're cooking in our fully equipped kitchen, please wash up any pots/pans, and load the dishwasher with your items. Also, please clean up after yourself (wipe up crumbs, dispose of compost, garbage and recycling, etc.).
- We have a guest book in each room. Please let us know how your stay was (including any Austin gems you'd like to share with future travelers).
Let Melita know if you need anything else to make your stay comfortable!
Cancela hasta 5 días antes de tu viaje y recibe un reembolso completo. Cancela en los 5 días previos a tu viaje y no se te reembolsará la primera noche, pero sí el 50 % del costo del resto de las noches.
Este anfitrión tiene 61 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
Before settling into fun and fantastic Austin, TX in 2004, I lived and traveled extensively in the US and Canada. I also enjoyed two 3+ month trips to Europe (pre and post the change to EU currency), and one magical trip to Japan.
I love to wander, and know how important it is to have a comfortable and connective experience when you're on an adventure.
20 years ago, while in Rome which is one of my favorite cities, I dreamed up - and designed - a boutique hotel. Now, I am thrilled to offer a cozy, creative space for your wanderings at Casa de Colores!
When I'm not hanging out in the hot tub, or reading a book, you can find me at a yoga or Orange Theory Fitness, a movie at the best movie house ever (the Alamo Drafthouse), or working with my community to celebrate diverse sexuality and gender. Oh, and I was a synchronized swimmer while attending university in Montreal - so fun, and a lot more challenging than you'd think!
I look forward to talking about your travels, and having you add your hometown/state/country to our interactive world map. My hope is to have guests from all over the world!