This is basically staying in a high rise hotel, complete with a guarded gate and a staff at the front desk. Our suite for our group of four was on the third floor, with an elevator (highly valued because we're scuba divers and have a lot of gear). The suite looked new, and was generally fine. And quiet. Bit of a view as well.
The two best things were the location: (a) only a 40 minute cab ride from the airport in normal traffic (it would be much longer in rush hour traffic, which it really something in Cebu City); (b) around the corner from a big shopping mall with lots of street life, restaurants & shops. So traffic was not an issue, it being so near. BTW we couldn't find anything closer to the airport that seemed decent and affordable.
Shortcomings were minor but worth noting:
1. The WiFi signal was too weak, or overburdened, to work. Not in our room at least. We didn't try the lobby. We were able to check in for our flight using the wifi feature of our smartphone instead.
2. One free breakfast was provided. They told us they'd provide breakfast for all four of us--provided as room service--but then when we checked out they charged us (a lot) for the 3 extra breakfasts, which were spartan anyway, despite having told us they were free. We didn't have time to dicker, and they'd deducted it from our key deposit. so our recommendation is: skip the "free" breakfast. You have plenty of alternatives around the corner or at the airport.
3. They only provided one roll of toilet paper for the four of us for the shared bathroom. When we asked for more they promptly brought some, but come on. Don't be stingy with the small stuff.
4. The kitchen faucet assembly wasn't bolted to the sink/counter. Very minor issue, but the rest of the place was so nice looking it was a bit odd.
5. The beds were very firm, which you'll like if you like very firm beds. It was pretty much usual for such accommodations, however.
As I said, these are all minor issues. The location is so great it trumps the rest, and you could get breakfast at the mall around the corner easily. Staff was courteous and responsive, except about the charge for the breakfast.
Bottom line is we plan to stay here again when we're in Cebu City. Location, location, location. And safe and clean. And a very good value for our money. They also arranged for a driver to bring us from Moalboal to Cebu City, and from the hotel to the airport, and both drivers were fine, and had nice, comfortable vans. Another plus.
And Sta. Barbara managed all our reservation process from America competently as well.